logo

Test Prep Services
Possibly Fradulent
4. (1 hr 33 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
5. (1 hr 34 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

DigitalRiver US Inc Complaints & Reviews - been charged for DRI*Smith Micro I didn't buy!

DigitalRiver US Inc Contacts & Informations

DigitalRiver US Inc

Posted:    sulley

been charged for DRI*Smith Micro I didn't buy!

Enrico
Italy
Been charged $57, 49 USD from DigitalRiver US Inc. for something I didn't buy. Never heard of this company!.
:-S
Comments Italy Scam Contests
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jan, 2010 by   junkman851 0 Votes
I GOT BILLED FOR $272.13 FOR SOME MICRO SUMTIN BULL TOO ON MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. THIS COMPANY DIGITAL RIVER MUST NEED MONEY AND TRYING TO RIP OFF EVERYONE. SOME STUFF HU? I never even heard of them and sure would of remembered chargeing 272, 13 there. they better straighten this shit out allready
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   Spiderthommy 0 Votes
Same here.
I got billed for $287, 49 USD.
What the henk are they doing? I never heard of this company.
What did you guys do?
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   manxman 0 Votes
I was charged 250 us for nothing!
its a scam - they will likely blame admin.
Scum bags!
 19th of Aug, 2010 by   manxman 0 Votes
DRI*Smith Micro charged my paypal account $249.99 USD. I didnt buy from them and I seem to recall their name - I;m cure they did this same scam abnout 2 yars ago. But I never bought anything from them.
I have submitted the complaint and await 7 days for smith micro to respond.
How can they do this if I don't authorise it? Paypal is supposed to be safer than credit card.
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   Tall David 0 Votes
Okay I got a refund and they said it will be back with in 7 to 10 business days. I am still going to pull in some extra work with my grandpa though so I can have the extra to replace any over draft fees I may incur while waiting, and also this teaches me not to deal with Smith Micro anymore.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   Patricia Clayton 0 Votes
I just did my annual accounting of PayPal, (2010-current) and found that, Digital River US Inc., on Sept. 18, 2010, charged me $276.35. And I have been charged for something that I did not purchase. I don't know this company. I would be grateful for a refund.
Did anyone that got scammed, receive any money back?
Rainbowsally (Vancouver, BC)
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   Melissa J. 0 Votes
Sounds like a Premiere Trial was signed up for. When it comes to Smith Micro's Premiere Trials, if you do not contact them before the 30 days is up then the charge is placed. It states it in the disclaimer when signing up for the trial. Though, if you contact Smith Micro Software directly by going to:

www.smithmicro.com/support

You can create a new incident and provide them with some basic information to look up your trial order, they can refund you no problem.
 21st of May, 2011 by   charmayne beard 0 Votes
wow... i needed to get my credit card company to flight for me to get my $44.98 back...now i know to check a company out first on google .com before i buy from them any more... but never will i buy from dital river ink again...good luck to any one that does...
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   Dawn12 0 Votes
Who are these people & what do they sell? Why are they still around doing this unauthorized charging to everyone PayPal acct? I cant afford this Bull@#$% right now. It is low 30's overnight & now I get to have my electricity turned off!!! Thanks a ^&*(*&^%$$#@$%^^&* bunch!!!
 26th of Nov, 2012 by   Sandi888 0 Votes
Same here, they charged my paypal account $76.81, I just filed dispute with paypal and I guess tomorrow with my bank as well. Very bad timing...guess I have to choose to pay the electric bill or no Xmas present for the kids? Heat comes first, Thanks digital river scumbags, we were already on a TIGHT BUDGET DUE TO LACK OF PAYCHECK (layoff)! No way I bought anything extra right now.
 5th of Dec, 2012 by   Tjz 0 Votes
This company is accociated with Trend Micro internet security if it helps anybody.
I am set for auto renewal through my credit card but somehow it went to pay pal.
Nice of them to tell someone they outsourced to another company. i already disputed this with paypal. Not sure if the credit card was charged as well as the bank draft. that's my next project.

Cecil County Credit Card Fraud