DigitalRiver US Inc

Posted:

been charged for DRI*Smith Micro I didn't buy!

4.7
Enrico
Italy
Been charged $57, 49 USD from DigitalRiver US Inc. for something I didn't buy. Never heard of this company!.
:-S
Complaint comments Comments (14) Complaint country Italy Complaint category Scam Contests

Comments

14th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I GOT BILLED FOR $272.13 FOR SOME MICRO SUMTIN BULL TOO ON MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT. THIS COMPANY DIGITAL RIVER MUST NEED MONEY AND TRYING TO RIP OFF EVERYONE. SOME STUFF HU? I never even heard of them and sure would of remembered chargeing 272, 13 there. they better straighten this shit out allready
 7th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same here.
I got billed for $287, 49 USD.
What the henk are they doing? I never heard of this company.
What did you guys do?
 19th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was charged 250 us for nothing!
its a scam - they will likely blame admin.
Scum bags!
 19th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
DRI*Smith Micro charged my paypal account $249.99 USD. I didnt buy from them and I seem to recall their name - I;m cure they did this same scam abnout 2 yars ago. But I never bought anything from them.
I have submitted the complaint and await 7 days for smith micro to respond.
How can they do this if I don't authorise it? Paypal is supposed to be safer than credit card.
 7th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Okay I got a refund and they said it will be back with in 7 to 10 business days. I am still going to pull in some extra work with my grandpa though so I can have the extra to replace any over draft fees I may incur while waiting, and also this teaches me not to deal with Smith Micro anymore.
 10th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just did my annual accounting of PayPal, (2010-current) and found that, Digital River US Inc., on Sept. 18, 2010, charged me $276.35. And I have been charged for something that I did not purchase. I don't know this company. I would be grateful for a refund.
Did anyone that got scammed, receive any money back?
Rainbowsally (Vancouver, BC)
 18th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
Sounds like a Premiere Trial was signed up for. When it comes to Smith Micro's Premiere Trials, if you do not contact them before the 30 days is up then the charge is placed. It states it in the disclaimer when signing up for the trial. Though, if you contact Smith Micro Software directly by going to:

www.smithmicro.com/support

You can create a new incident and provide them with some basic information to look up your trial order, they can refund you no problem.
 21st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
wow... i needed to get my credit card company to flight for me to get my $44.98 back...now i know to check a company out first on google .com before i buy from them any more... but never will i buy from dital river ink again...good luck to any one that does...
 5th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
Who are these people & what do they sell? Why are they still around doing this unauthorized charging to everyone PayPal acct? I cant afford this Bull@#$% right now. It is low 30's overnight & now I get to have my electricity turned off!!! Thanks a ^&*(*&^%$$#@$%^^&* bunch!!!
 26th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
Same here, they charged my paypal account $76.81, I just filed dispute with paypal and I guess tomorrow with my bank as well. Very bad timing...guess I have to choose to pay the electric bill or no Xmas present for the kids? Heat comes first, Thanks digital river scumbags, we were already on a TIGHT BUDGET DUE TO LACK OF PAYCHECK (layoff)! No way I bought anything extra right now.
 5th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
This company is accociated with Trend Micro internet security if it helps anybody.
I am set for auto renewal through my credit card but somehow it went to pay pal.
Nice of them to tell someone they outsourced to another company. i already disputed this with paypal. Not sure if the credit card was charged as well as the bank draft. that's my next project.
 20th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I got charged by these people and I have no idea for why. I did not purchase anything from them. I'm calling these people scammer!
 12th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
My bank statement reported 12/31/2015 deduction of $39.99 by Pay Pal for INST XFER DR INC USD whom I had no knowledge of. I requested my bank to identify who DR INC USD was. They were unable to provide any further information than what I already had. I contacted Pay Pal by internet and left request to identify DR INC USD and received message they will respond in 24 hours no response was received until I received my Pay Pal statement 12 days later which identified the money was sent to DigitalRiver US Inc whom I have no knowledge of at this time. I will put stop any payments to this company by bank and request Pay Pal to return my $39.99
 2nd of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
Three years ago, I was using a friend's computer.he need a virus software renewal from Avast, parent company is Digital River.He was broke, so I paid for it using my paypal account, A year later he was in the same state of funds, so I agreed to do it again.Now I have since moved away and also bought my own computer.This year I get the an email saying DR had pounced on my Paypal account for 53.11.Knowing full well that I did not have the money, I contacted DR and spoke with a rep and she said everything was stopped and I would not be charged that amount. Guess what happened, they went ahead and hit paypal up for that sum, in turn paypal ended up over drafting my account and now the bank charges me additional 30 dollars.I then called DR back and found that they are too lazy to look up zip codes for a very small New England town(one zip code).And was given a consumer complaint site to file a complaint against Avast.I did that.Before I intially called DR, I also put a complaint in with paypal(STILL pending) paypal sent an email to them, they have not even moved.I also sent a message to Avast at Face Book, did I receive a response: It would be easy to see that I am at a different ISP address using a totally different computer.I do a friend a favor and Avast instantly assumed I would continue to pat for a service I do not have installed in my computer, I am presently using Norton 360. All I would really want is the 53.11 owed to me. My order number is:14898750000

Contact Us