logo

FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
2. (2 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
3. (2 mins ago)

False Advertising/Selling

Dick Smith
New South Wales
Australia
I recently purchased a Sanyo LCD TV and in chatting to the sales person I mentioned that I wanted to get into share trading and she said that this TV could get Finance news etc as it had Teletext. Upon trying for months to get it to work I rang Sanyo hotline and was told that Channel 7 is the onl;y channel in Australia that owns and operates Austext Teletext and that it had stopped boradcasting on 30 September 2009. Now why would I want a TV with Teletext that doesn't work? Plus the remote has a chunk of the pad devoted to the teletext controls? I rang Dick Smith and was told tough, the TV still works so what's the problem???? Uuhhhh! Non Disclosure, false advertising, total lying...Any suggestions on what steps I should take as I was totally lied to!
Comments Australia TV, Music & Video
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Dick Smith complaints
Dick Smith - refund run around

Comments

8th of Mar, 2013 by   uji 0 Votes
You were absolutely not lied to, the TV supports Teletext. The sales person told you the truth. If you're angry - be angry at the TV stations that have stopped supporting/supplying Teletext - why you wish to blame a poor sales person is beyond me. I cannot even fathom the stupidity of this post, seriously you need to go look in the mirror and realise you're entirely wrong and out of line.

Also - no young person uses teletext these days, they probably havent even heard of it. The sales person would have correctly checked the specification listing on the TV. The last time I personally used Teletext was in 1994, when I was curious. TV's these days are SMART TV's which support internet, the new Teletext - you need to get with the times.

Useful Information About Overdraft Fees