logo

Datehookup.com Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Karlyn

Blocked Account, Won't Tell Me Why

datehookup.com
I read this complaint, and since it describes everything, I'm gonna repost his text, then give my particular details (btw: my member name on the site was KarlynATL):

"I joined the site this past summer under a particular nickname. A few months later, with no notice or warning, I was told by other members who were friends of mine that I was no longer appearing in their "favorites" section, they could no longer access my Profile and a search for "nicknames" could not locate my account. I sent an e-mail to customer service which was not responded too. I found this an odd situation, since I was still able to access my own Profile when signed on, and it still appeared as though I could post commentary in Pennsylvania Chat. When returning to chat after posting, my comments were not available to view.

Under the impression this was a computer glitch, I attempted to make another account under a different name. This new account was met with the same problems, and there was no notice that the account was awaiting approval. The same problem was attendant to three other nicknames, all with different AOL email addresses. Despite being denied full access under any name, all still received regular e-mailings from Datehookup.com notifying me of new members in my area; members with whom I could not communicate."

My story is pretty much the same. I realized something was wrong when I suddenly went from receiving an average of 10 messages each day, to none! It took me about a week to realize that, while my profile was listed as "Visual" to me, I was able to be seen by any other members!

I wrote CS, and didn't receive any reply. I thought maybe it was a glitch, so I posted a new profile--which, yet again, showed as viewable to me, but not to anyone else. I did this 2 more times, same result!

So, I decided to try once more (from a different laptop). Lo and behold, it was shown to members! But, when I next logged on (from first laptop) my profile was no longer listed! THEY HAD BANNED MY IP ADDRESS!!!

I wrote 2 more CS inquiries, which were ignored by datehookup.com.

(Especially upsetting b/c I hear complaints about fake profile on the site, & while I got daily compliments telling me my profile was one of the best on the site, administrators block me for no reason!)
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jun, 2009 by   Tumbleweed 0 Votes
I was treated the very same. I used to be in the online lingerie business, and have many items left over. I offered them free to any one on DH. I even offered to send them at my expense. I posted pictures and sizes. With-in an hour I was banned and didn't know it for 2 days. I'm back on with another name. I've looked through the rules and can find nothing againest giving persents. ???
My ID was "tumbleweed227"
 6th of Feb, 2010 by   needanswers 0 Votes
I joined datehookup a year ago and things were going well until I had one very scary date. When I told the gentleman that I didn't want a second date he became irate. He stated that he would do anything to have me removed from the site. Later that day he called and said, "Try to check your profile, B*tch!". I tried and lo and behold, I was banned from the site! Datehookup never contacted me. I've tried many times to re-enter the site to no avail. I've checked my profile using my neighbors PC and to my surprise, There it was!!! I don't know what to do about this problem. I'd like to warn other women about this gentleman who is clearly unbalanced. I'd like to continue using the site. I don't think it's fair that Datehookup is allowing one mean-spirited person ruin my chances of finding quality companionship. My ID on the site was "Warmbrandy".
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   CK59 0 Votes
I was blocked from the datehookup site. In my personal write-up I said NO ALCOHOLICS, DRUG ADDICTS OR FELONS. I also said that I was into exercise/fitness and didn't date smokers. Apparently, I ticked off somebody that fit into one or all of those categories. While I can't talk to those people I started talking to, I do have to say there are more professional free dating services out there like singlesnet.com or plenty of fish. Move on is what I did.
CK
 18th of Sep, 2010 by   paul4ucols 0 Votes

Datehookup.com - won't allow me to unsubscribe
datehookup
Columbus
Ohio

i suddenly could not access my account (think they blocked me for some foolish reason; I never used profanity nor did i insult anyone), nor could i then access the unsubscribe page. i gotta problem here. who is the government agency i complain to about this?
 6th of Jun, 2012 by   beffy 0 Votes

Datehookup.com - sexual texts sent to my daughter
Texas
datehookup.com

there is a man on this site claiming to be in the fbi and threatened my daughter with police action against her and her children because she would not send dirty pics. i confronted him and now he is harrassing me as well. I will be going to police with this as well.
 17th of Jun, 2012 by   realist663 0 Votes
Why complain to the government?, why not take care of the matter yourself instead of relying on someone else to do your job for you?
 18th of Jun, 2012 by   Barisole 0 Votes

Datehookup.com - Fake site from the start
datehookup.com

Fake site from the start I only got short mails saying hi so I Paid then reply to those mails but the accounts were not active any more strange how did they mail me if they were not even on the site.
 22nd of Nov, 2012 by   Osotre 0 Votes

Datehookup.com - Too many fake profiles
datehookup.com

Too many fake profiles. Majority of people on the site to bash and belittle others. Long timers on the site have no personality and just start arguments.
 21st of Mar, 2013 by   Fely_69 0 Votes
Datehookup...HANDS OFF!!! This is not a professional dating service. I was a former member of datehookup.com, I was starting to talk to some interesting people. I never violated terms of service.But obviously I have been deleted..
Anyone with nothing better to do if they don't get a hook up from you flags your profile. So seems it is so simple on DH someone to defame and your account is deleted.
Customer support doesn´t respond to anyone needs.
 21st of Apr, 2013 by   m. wetzel 0 Votes

Datehookup.com - user name
michael wetzel
Canton
Michigan
Phone: 3134056334

One day I could access my account the next day my user name was no longer accepted. They said my email name/number were invalid. I know my email address is right. I've been using it for at least six years.
 29th of Jun, 2013 by   OnTheFlipSide 0 Votes
It's full of fake names, bullies & trolls who have invisible profiles - go figure. At the end it's you who's punished, because you happened to step on the wrong toes. And the fakes rule the world, or at least DH world. STAY AWAY for your own sanity sake.
 29th of Jun, 2013 by   OnTheFlipSide 0 Votes
this is a fake site full of fake profiles. Most of em are bullies who push u around on there forums. u block em, so what, they get 10 more fake profiles. And the life goes on.
 29th of Jun, 2013 by   OnTheFlipSide 0 Votes
Dustin keeps himself occupied i guess
 6th of Jul, 2013 by   ecuamiryam 0 Votes
I can not log in like I did yesterday this is ecuamiryam I sent complints several times in different sites of datehookup
 12th of Aug, 2013 by   flyingdutchman 0 Votes
I'm having the same problem, I joined Jan 2008 and made some really awesome friends. I like the site wherein I could go and chat with other people in the current events room, Recently (within the past few months) I decided to use the site in hopes of meeting someone special, well as it turns out I did meet a few prospects, I logged out of my account yesterday 8-11-13, then today, I tried to log back in with NO SUCH LUCK... It appears that each time I put my Info in (screen name and password) the sign-in screen resets itself... I am really bummed out over this as I feel I have lose some really cool friends... I thought perhaps my account was hacked and requested my password, which, Date hookup sent to me via email, then trying it AGAIN and AGAIN it failed... So, like the above poster, I tried to create a new account but had no luck, I agree, perhaps they block your IP address... Seriously, I have not done ANYTHING to be booted off! I don't get it!!! Very disappointed... No customer service either... 5 years it seems I wasted on that site... Did I say, "Very disappointed"? Holy Smokes...
 12th of Aug, 2013 by   latangaj 0 Votes
I haven't done anything wrong. I guess sumbody my ip adress cuz I wouldn't talk 2 them. I have meet some good people on here. But can't talk with them any mo cuz sumbody blocked me 4 no reason at all. I was really feeling dis guy. Didn't get a chance 2 give him my number. Its sum lo down people in this world. How am I goin get my profile off now they blocked me. Dis is sum bs...
 13th of Feb, 2014 by   tired of fake site 0 Votes
datehookup.com charged my credit card for their so called VIP service for six months, and then deleted my profile a day later for no reason! Something has to be done about this fake site!
 6th of Mar, 2015 by   peacantan61 0 Votes
Why was blocked off datehookup
 6th of Mar, 2015 by   chevynova5307 0 Votes
After reading the information on this site I am glad Datehookup is giving me fits logging in. Now I can give up trying to sign in and having my information given to other sites without my permission. I give date hookup a thumbs down.
 15th of Apr, 2015 by   cheha 0 Votes
I also have had my profile blocked for no reason. Type in my name and fill out all required info, and still nothing happens. Type in the security code hit enter and it says user name or e-mail is wrong. What I would like to know is WHY

Yellow Page Scam ALERT!