logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
buyforexonline.com
They didn’t provide my card
2. (3 mins ago)
Loan Detector
Unscrupulous methods
3. (6 mins ago)
ID CHIEF LEGIT?
Not a complaint just question!
4. (47 mins ago)
Fake emails and charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CVS Carmark Prescription Service, Painesville, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - Electronic Prescriptions to Caremark CVS

CVS Carmark Prescription Service Contacts & Informations

CVS Carmark Prescription Service

Posted: 2012-10-19 by    HeisleyRay

Electronic Prescriptions to Caremark CVS

CVS Caremark
Painesville, Ohio
I had a doctor send a prescription for Prednesone to CVS Caremark Pharmacy. The pharmacy checked my insurance administrator (CVS Caremark) and rejected the insurance billing. I was provided a rejection notice that stated 70-Product/Service Not Covered- physician -diagnosis required. Now mind you this was sent from a doctor with an EMR system (I know the code was in their system). But, CVS just rejected the insurance payment and didn't really explain why. I needed the medication and paid the out of pocket (a peasly amount). Perhaps that rejectiion code is a tipoff that it may be a drug covered by Medicare B. But as a consumer, how do I know. And, I was told that if it was covered by Medicare B, it would be handled by my signing an additional form. After two days of working with CVS Caremark Plan Administrators handling AT&T retirees, I'm still not clear why the insurance failed (company or Medicare). I know my doctor's system had the Medicare number. I know my doctor's system had the diagnosis code in it. Why wouldn't a company able to process a Medicare B prescription not have a fully functional EMR prescription interface? It makes me believe they have backroom problems with their systems (opinion). I'm still waiting for an answer. One today was maybe the pharmacist should have caught it. Maybe...but if we are all going to electronic records and drug ordering, should they have to when their focus should be on the correct prescription and not billing? I have no faith in the CVS Caremark backroom billing processes or their Administrative efforts. Why? Their processes are utter failures as discussed here. Unfortunately, as a consumer I'm locked into them as they are the plan administrators for AT&T (no real choice). Any company that goes with these guys, in my opinion, ought to have their corporate heads examined. Their processes aren't customer focused now. Just think when full EMR electronic processess gets really going! Even their website when you ask for a price of Prednisone, it comes back with physician diagnosis required. Unfortunately, there is no place to enter it on the site even if you do notice it. How does that help the consumer/your employees?
Comments United States Drug Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Oct, 2012 by   bus_driver 0 Votes
I also use CVS pharmacy, only because its so close to where I live.

I also have had numerous issues regarding the pharmacy staff telling me my insurance denied to pay. And the last time I did this, I actually called and spoke to a management member of my insurance company. And they told me this prescription WAS covered by my insurance and that they never even received a request for payment on this prescription!

So, I think its not a case of your insurance wouldnt pay for it...I think its a case of CVS trying to bilk people out of money by lieing to them and telling them their insurance wont cover something. OR, its because thier staff is SO lazy, they cant be bothered to check to see if your insurance will cover it.

And yes, I DO keep them updated on my insurance changes.

If it werent for the fact they are only half a block away, I would switch.

Back to School Safety Tips