logo

Select Portfolio Servicing
Extortionists
4. (26 mins ago)
www.myperfectresume.com
The website has technical problems and impossible to open some things
5. (54 mins ago)

Cub Cadet Contacts & Informations

Cub Cadet

Posted:    Ann Myers-Baxter

The Tank Zero turn radius mower

My husband & I bought a Cub Cadet "The Tank" zero turn radius mower (commercial grade) 48" cut in April, 2007. Brand new. We do lawns commercially. Any time my husband mows with it he can't get more than 10 hours to a set of blades which cost between $50.00 & $60.00 for a set. Usually he gets less than 10 hours. The mower doesn't seem to discharge the grass out from under the deck so it gets guilt up & wears the blades out. We wash under the deck but when you are mowing a yard that takes 4 to 6 hours to mow you can't stop & wash the deck every hour. This cuts into your time and money. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem with the same machine? We have asked the dealer & he says he hasn't had any other complaints.
Comments United States Home & Garden
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Sep, 2011 by   gwb54 0 Votes
Cut belt problems on the z-force decks is caused by the narrow 1" idler pulley, needs to be upgraded to the older 2" wide pulley.
 1st of May, 2012 by   lil_trumperboy 0 Votes
I have a 48" zero turn and it clogs bad, blades wear rapidly, gets stuck very easily and I have to cut everything twice at any speed/height new blades to get it to look right. I just bought a 60" zero turn "Tank" which has two 7.5 gallon gas tanks on each side. One of the gas tanks came off, fell to the ground and the fuel hose was spilling fuel all over the deck. I'm lucky there wasn't a fire. I now have about ten hours on the mower and yesterday the other gas tank came off with same results except gas spewed on the ground. It could have easily spewed on me and engine creating a fire. I have to send in the gas tanks so the plastic plugs at the bottom of the tank which hold the bolts can be compressed back into their octagon shaped holes. Has anyone else had a gas tank come off a "Tank"?
 25th of May, 2012 by   Brian B. 0 Votes
I have a 2006 M72 Tank with the 29 HP, liquid cooled Kawasaki motor. I have had ongoing problems with the belt that goes from the motor to the deck breaking. It transitions from vertical to horizontal in the most illogical fashion that it seems like it should have been identified as a problem early on and not offered to the public. It also seems crazy to race a 29hp motor to full speed and then instantly engage the electric clutch. I just broke another one today after less than 50 hours of use. The one prior to that one only lasted 30 hours. The belt is $110 and I have put 1 to 2 belts on it per year. After the second one broke, the same year I bought it, the dealer offered me a new solution from Cub Cadet that incorporated 2 pulleys on the tensioner versus one. To me, this proves that it ws flawed from the very beginning. After the 4th belt, I called Cub Cadet Corporate headquarters and complained. I wrote them a formal complaint and they covered the cost of the 4 belts. I am asking all of you who are having the same problem to yell from the roof top about this issue. I have 2 broken belts in the last 9 months and I am going back to Cub Cadet Corporate to lodge yet another complaint. As far as I am concerned, as long as I have their flawed system, they should cover a belt that keeps breaking prematurely. The other option is they give me a different mower or motor set up that does not have these same issues. Please provide any similar stories so all of us can make a case about this expensive belt issue.
 26th of Aug, 2012 by   Kentucky Gentleman 0 Votes
I have a 2012 60" Tank and have the same problem. I removed the inner baffle and it helped tremendously. I don't know if my deck is of the same design or not, supposedly there were a "ton" of changes between 2011 and 2012. I also keep the discharge chute pulled up tight with a tie strap and that also helps; debris flies in a much broader area but not as many clogs. I am in Kentucky and have a long Fescue for a lawn; if it gets to high or is the least little bit damp, the problem is much worse. Deck wash is still worthless.

Owners manual is terrible. I think they assume that every owner is a factory trained technician. Lubrication chart doesn't even hint at where the lube points are, the hr meter has several function but none are addressed, only mentions hours when in fact it is an hr meter, maintenance minder and tach. The tech writers and testers (if there are any) are overpaid, even if they are minimum wage, they are over paid.
 28th of Aug, 2012 by   RAaaa 0 Votes
Ive had the same problem, 4 transmissions and about 6 pumps all on the left side, seems after two hours of mowing left wheel gets to jerking.
 13th of Sep, 2012 by   81First 0 Votes
I have 10 + years running either a 48" or 60" Tank and 1500 + hours of seat time and I to have had this problem ( when I don't run it correctly, ) Wet grass will always clog up any deck and grass that is too long should be cut with a brush hog, this is a lawn mower and a fine one, In the 10 yrs. the only problem I have had was the deck belt thak up pully was out bof line ( tilted ) and wore out blabe belt at 25hrs on the 02 48" fixed under warrenty, I sharpen all blades at 25 Hrs and lube all fittings ( 10 pumps of gun ) 25 hrs. my blades last until they have no back side ( curved part ) and let me tell you I abuse my equiptment. LIKE CARS THESE MOWERS ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS THE NUT BEHIND THE WHEEL !!!
Good luck its just a machine that can only do what you tell to do??????
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   wsharky47 0 Votes
I have a Cub Cadet ZRT50 bought new in 2007 have moved 5 acres since bought change oil every 50 hours like manual says. Have had one problem with mower it was cables that hold deck up. Called Cub Cadet and they sent me kit to fix which doubled cables and new bolts free of charge. It was under warranty at the time, last year replaced mower deck belt for first time. Has been a great mower. Also have push mower from Cub Cadet the kind with swivel front wheels also no problem bought new in 2007 also. I have keep them in garage since new and still look new. P.S. the flap on deck still has factory zip tie on it and don't have any clog problems unless are mowing to high of grass to begin with. To sum up I would by Cub Cadet Again

wsharky47
 24th of Feb, 2013 by   hirsch56 0 Votes
I have a 48" Z-force and the deck design is horrible! It packs the grass into the top and never ejects it so the blades wear out from constantly pounding the heavy mat which quickly builds above them. Good thing the motor is strong! Deck wash is not effective at all. The belt from clutch to deck pops off the idler pulley with the slightest bump on the left side, but deck keeps running and chews up the belt. No problem if you bump something on the right side. Nobody mows close on the right because of the discharge, so Cub needs to reverse the idler pulley mount so a bump on the left does not slacken it. .I'm going to try cutting the baffles out under the deck so there is more open space under there to hopefully allow the grass to drop outside the blade area, and coat under the deck with no-stick graphite grain chute spray. If that does not fix it - FOR SALE!
 30th of Jul, 2013 by   Josem 0 Votes
I have ztr 50 bought new in 2009 and it is the BEST mower I have ever owned! I am almost sixty and I have always done my own mowing and upkeep. It still has original
So that is saying something. It even has the original battery. Any trouble or damage is because I abused it. I go out there every spring and it starts right up.that never happened for me with all past mowers.It is my first zero turn and I would never go back to a standard tractor. Be sure to get the Kawasaki engine. Very happy with this mower.
 7th of Aug, 2013 by   Rosiecook 0 Votes
My husband and I are both seniors, 65 and 69! We purchased a cub cadet zero turn mower, because walking behind a mower was getting hard. Well the mower only has 52.5 miles on it and the motor blew!!! The oil was fine, it is checked every time my husband gets on it!!! There is no reason the motor should have blown, unless there was a defect inside!!! There is a huge crack along the bottom and up the side, with a hole big enough to put a finger in!!! We will never again purchase a cub cadet mower of any type!!! The motor is made by kohler, it is 17 HP! It ran great, never made a noise, and then when he started mowing the other night, he made two swipes and it started smoking, my husband shut it off and looked at the motor and saw the crack and oil running out!!! The oil was very clean, no reason for this to happen!!! Now to repair it, the cost will be about $1400. for a replacement motor, WTH!!! Never again!!!
 17th of Aug, 2013 by   Fred Fenner Jr 0 Votes
I bought a Tank M48 in 2008 and I mow approx 2 to 3 acres a week and every time I mow I have to clean out the deck. If I try to mow a second week without cleaning, the deck will get so clogged underneath that it will essentially stop discharging? It obviously has a poor design that doesn't promote proper grass discharge. From what I read on other posts this is not just an isolated case. I paid enough for it that I intended for it to outlast me. Other than the poor discharge I don't have any other complaints. I always had a good level of respect for Cub in the past but they sure have a lemon when it comes to this mowers deck design. I may look at some of the competitor’s decks and see if I can get some ideas on altering the baffles or if I could get a different style of blade that may encourage better discharge. If anyone hears of a recall of decides to go after Cub for this lemon I'll support the cause. I kind wish I’d have gone with the X-Mark at this point. A friend bought one and said he has never had to clean his deck. I have an older 42” cut Craftsman that I can mow thru water 3 inches deep and it keeps its deck clean all by itself. I have never in 18 years had to clean the deck.
 6th of Sep, 2014 by   Gray Lyon 0 Votes
I have a Cub cadet Tank with a 19 hp K 48" deck. I had the same problem with the deck clogging up. I corrected the deck by cutting another opening on the other side of the deck. This took care of the grass clogging the deck up. The other problem I had was if I turned it off for less than 5 min it was hard to start back up. I replaced the plugs with a high standard life time platuam plug and it helped it 100 percent. Now that all that was done I'v owned it since 2007 has been a great mower. It does look like Cub Cadet would have some kind of a up grade kits to correct their mistakes.
 10th of Sep, 2014 by   Mark Carroll 0 Votes
I have a z Force 44'. with a stamped deck. The original deck was welded on by a welder for everything from spindles breaking off to wheels. The front wheels are a joke. It was welded on about 8 times. The last time I took it in the welder said, "I can't weld on it anymore, you'll have to buy a deck or buy a different mower." Will anybody from Cub Cadet read this and call me 205-475-2273.

Health Care Scam Costs Rising Up to $250 Billion