Confirmation email and no reservation

Shanghai, China
Two hours before departure of the flight, I presented the booking confirmation that CTRIP had emailed me at the check-in counter for Southern China Airlines at Zhuhai airport and, the agent informed me that I had no reservations. Presenting the evidence of the confirmation, an eticket that they had emailed me, I insisted that there must have been a mistake. Since the reservation confirmation did not contain any contact information for CTRIP, the agent graciously offered to call CTRIP in order to inquire about our missing reservations. After speaking with someone from CTRIP, she passed the telephone to me and I was able to speak to the CTRIP representative and ask myself what had happened to my reservations. I was told that my credit card had not been charged and that the reservations had been cancelled. CTRIP had emailed me confirmation of our reservations and at no point was I ever contacted by CTRIP to inform me that there was a problem and that the reservations had been cancelled. As as a direct result of CTRIP's emailing me an eticket and their subsequent failure to communicate to me that there was a problem, I was forced to repurchase the round-trip tickets at a much greater cost.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country China Complaint category Travel Agencies

2nd of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
Same happened to me except that I called the airline the day before actual flight and was told that there was no booking from me. It was a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.

I contacted Ctrip via email to request confirmation on actual flight details and explanation on this, but all I received was a forwarded email which I received before. Worse still, the amount was actually already charged to my credit card and there doesn't seem to be a proper channel for me to lodge a complaint. I am really starting to wonder that the site is a scam.

Advice to all fellow travelers, book your flight on Ctrip at your own risk!

Ctrip Logo Ctrip