logo

TEGA SMITH
DO YOU NEED AN URGENT LOAN CONTACT MARTINKINSLOANFIRM@GMAIL.COM
4. (23 mins ago)
names in details area
need my bank details for money transfer
5. (36 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-05-26 by    5georgi

misrepresentation

Copart UK
United Kingdom
This car auction gave false online information for the car and after the sale I was told that according to their Terms and Conditions neither the auction or the seller ( in this case Royal Sun & Alliance) are responsible for the description of the cars they selling. This is unbelievable for 21th century Britain. So if you have to deal with this company be aware.

More details:

On 5th May 2010 I bought an Audi A6 from Copart UK (Who sell mostly damaged cars on behalf of insurance companies) on their Sandtoft auction.I paid £7717.25. It was clearly advertised as Category D and also stated as Category D on the Reciept. When I tried to register the car I was told the car is Category C . Insurance companies categorising damaged cars in 4 categories - A, B, C & D. Category A - for scrap only, Category B - for spare parts, Category C - damage repairable in need of Vehicle Identity Check before Registration document can be obtained and it states that car was substantially damaged and repaired, Category D – Damaged and repairable. Category D cars have much bigger value than Category C.

After more then 3 weeks and several calls and e -mails on Tuesday 8th June Copart e mailed me and told me that In view of Terms of sale the sale is final and the matter closed. The say I have to check the car information myself, but in order to do that I need the car registration, which is hidden in the web page.

On 6th of july I sold the car unrepaired with the right category C in Chester branch of Copart for £5875.56. So my lost is £1841.69.

For more information e-mail me on gia955@gmail.com

more details »
Comments United Kingdom Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Copart uk complaints
Copart uk - Fraud

Comments

25th of Jan, 2013 by   Mirza84 0 Votes
Hi
I am a car dealer mainly dealing with salvage cars (CoPart Chester UK). Contrary to my initial impressions, Copart has made me suffer a severe loss recently.

Once I had won a bid on my choice of car (Honda Civic), I was congratulated about how I had also won a bid on a certain Ford Focus. And that now I had to pay a whopping £4200 for it!! A car which I had absolutely not even viewed once, let alone putting it in my watchlist, and now I was to pay for it! I was disappointed with this online scam, and upon contacting customer services and talking to a manager, they insisted I had to pay up a minimum of £400 as a fine.

I am extremely dumbfounded at how such a well established company can possibly have such an unreliable online system. This tactic is worse than what crooks do. Why must I pay for a car I never bid for?? I find this to be a load of crap, for now, my account has been frozen and I cannot even claim the Honda Civic that I actually won and paid for.

Contact me on mirza84@hotmail.co.uk for more info.
 27th of Apr, 2013 by   k.don 0 Votes
i won a smart car from copart and when the car was delivered i realise the chassis and the frame were completely gone. i call them upand told them the car could'nt have been cat d that it should be cat B. The manager bulied me off and said its cat d. I ask my local garage for their opinion and they gave me their verdict that it's definately a cat b. I went online and check only to discover it's cat b. I sent them the report and they called to say they are coming to pick the car and issue a refund. But i had already incure some expenses. How do i claim my expenses on the car back? please help k.don74@yahoo.com
 11th of Nov, 2013 by   RJ AUTO 0 Votes
Copart are biggest scam, be aware from Copart if you read term and condition, you can term they made only to save Copart front any claim, Buyer have no right to make complaint or claim, they always have a excuse to tell.
in my case I won Vauxhall Astra 55reg, I seen on Copart web site that front bumper are fitted as normal and car have minor damages,
when I car delivered to be, I was shocked no bumper on the car, Front Panel front Chassis are damaged, Radiator are bend.

when I rise my issue The Copart Manager said I should come view before bid. Copart has 7 or more branch in UK, how can a Buyer go see car, when this are online auction and images should be true image of car, Copart has Misrepresentation the actual damage.

Be aware from Copart.
if anyone know who to complaint about Copart then please let me know.
Thanks
 14th of May, 2014 by   conanally 0 Votes
coparts are the biggest, lying, rip of merchants in britain, infact how the hell have trading standarts not taken them to court, are they above british law, if you or i did what they do we would be taken to court

Pigeon Drop Scam