logo

Triple L Horse Rescue
Fraudulent Solicitation for Funds
3. (3 mins ago)
uadreams.com
The owners need only money and you get nothing
4. (30 mins ago)
Lufthansa
Missing Undelivered Baggage
5. (38 mins ago)
wigsway.co.uk
They took money and haven’t provided order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Service call

Cogeco
Ontario
Canada
I had no phone service for a full week (Feb 21-28, 2010). I called Cogeco for a service call. It was booked for Feb 26 between 8 AM and 12 NOON. I said I had to leave at noon so please make it as close to 8 as possible. I was told I would be called the day before and to mention that to the person who called. No one called the day before.

I called Cogeco at about 11:20 on the 26th as I was panicking about the lack of a call, and the fact that I had to leave at noon. The woman I spoke to said the repair person would call when he was on his way. I informed her I HAD TO LEAVE very soon to pick up my son by noon (he had to be picked up by noon from school). Finally, the repair guy showed up at 11:40 while I was on the phone with Cogeco yet again trying to find out where he was. He sat in his van chatting on his cell for 4 or 5 minutes. Not likely business related given his body language and facial expression during the call. I finally went out and knocked on his window to tell him I had to leave. He said "he'd be there in a few minutes." He made it inside at about 11:48. Said he couldn't fix the problem in 10 minutes and I had no choice but to rebook for Sunday Morning. Which I did. I called Cogeco back to say I needed it early again as I was just informed I had to go to work right after lunch, and I had already taken a half day off work for Cogeco once that week, and I couldn't do it again. On Sunday the same repair guy arrived at 11:59AM... could it have possibly been any later and still within the time frame... not too likely. He was aware I had to go, the booking people were aware then he pulls this stunt.

I was late for work as I needed to have my phone fixed. The boss was very unhappy and it cost me financially. I am switching back to Bell. They have quoted me a price considerably lower than what Cogeco has been charging me.

Also, their service guy tried to walk out the door with my hand held plug in phone (In his defense, it looked a lot like his - but I really had to convince him he had taken mine.) He also took my long black telephone cord I had been using for the modem. He left a much shorter one and I had to go and buy another one.
Comments Canada Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jun, 2011 by   HatesYOU 0 Votes
word of the wise.. bell is a rip off and they do nothing but harass you.. good luck with that

Protect Consumers from Credit Card Rate Hikes