logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
hackhimnow.com
They started to steal from me
2. (1 mins ago)
Select Portfolio Servicing
Extortionists
3. (9 mins ago)
Orite hair
Rubbish hair
4. (20 mins ago)
silkroad-pharmacy.com
They didn’t send order and communicate with clients
5. (28 mins ago)
Dealdash.com
Whatever you do, do not waste your time here

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Citizen Public Adjusters

Posted:    Timothy

Buyer beware

Citizen Public Adjusters
We attempted for the last 4 months to communicate, by phone with Citizens Public Adjusters of Bensalem PA (Jerome J. Sacco Sr; President) regarding our dissatisfaction with their company's service. Each time we have received the run around, blatantly ignored and when I finally received a call back by Manager Jay Massuco I made a meeting and was stood up. In the spring of 2010 I contacted Citizens Public Adjusters because we had a leak in our kitchen that destroyed all of our floors and rugs and leaked down to our basement. I wasn�t sure if we should just go directly to the insurance company or go through an adjuster, I was assured by Dean they would collect money for the floors, rug and basement ceiling. All of which never came true. I had to do a lot of leg work with the insurance company and once the insurance company agreed to pay, Citizens with out our knowledge agreed on the amount of which would only cover the flooring of the kitchen not the carpets or the ceiling of the basement. I contacted Citizens several times about our concerns. When I finally spoke to IGO I was told he didn�t know what to tell me. I would have to go after the insurance company. Which I did and they informed me I would have to go back to Citizens, when I did I left several messages for Igo and then called there main office to leave messages for Roxanne. We didn't hear from them after that for about 2-3 weeks. Finally in the end of October 2010, I finally got a call back from Jay Massuco. apologizing for everything and asked me to get quotes and give a call back on Monday and he and I would handle, in which I did and was told he would call me back. This proceeded for another two weeks. My last call to Renee told me that Roxanne couldn�t come to the phone as she was sick, but I had to make a meeting with Jay. I mentioned there unprofessionalism and I should report this to the BBB, two minutes later Jay called me on his personal Phone number. He then scheduled an appointment with me at 5:30 on November 15th at 5:30. I left work early to meet Jay in which he was a � NO SHOW�. I called after he was 10 min. late and didn�t get an answer, attempted again 10 min later and was hung up on twice. I finally left a message that evening on Jay Voice Mail. The following day I called Jay to follow up and left another message asking for him to return my call. Wednesday I received a call from his secretary stating that Jay said he never made an appointment with me, but if I wanted one he would be glad to offer me one. I have been given the run around on this company from the start; I have had to do a lot of the leg work for this claim. And now they have stood me up. There customer service is horrible; I will never work with this company again. And I am asking that the 30% once agreed to be cut down to 15% as they did nothing.

BUYER BEWARE.. Don't use this company there sales man says anything to get you in the door and the rest of the company DOES NOTHING..
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of May, 2011 by   hurt by citizens +1 Votes
I agree. This company promises a lot when they first come home. You will always lose. They don't deserve the 30% they ask for. Please don't pay them more than 10% which is the standard. Better yet, avoid them and never fall for their dirty tactics. When you are in an agony, they will get everything signed by you, and you don't even bother what you are signing on, as you are promised 1000's of dollar. They will never even contact you and you and your agony simply keeps increasing.
I have never seen such unprofessional people in my life.
 4th of Aug, 2011 by   Phillip77 0 Votes
Wow I am actually surprised to hear this. I saw this blog about 5 days after I signed with citizens and I thought let me see what happens... The insurance company came to my house with my adjuster Mike Macintire and he really worked for me. The insurance company tried to only pay for part of my damages and mike got them to pay for the whole thing. My claim went from 5k to 35k, just with one meeting then he got another 5k with a few of the letters he sent. In total I received 40k for my claim and the insurance co. Only wanted to give me 5k. They charged me 25% but that was well worth it. I even went to 3 of the large companies and 2 of them wanted to charge my 35%. I think as far as the above comments are concerned you guys must have caught them on a bad day or a bad adjuster. I have recommended 2 people to mike and Bob Davis and they done nothin but great jobs.
 19th of Nov, 2011 by   lillianann_98 +1 Votes
I had a horrible experience with this company also. They charge and astronomical rate 33% and they did nothing except forge checks from my insurance company(yes they signed my name) for money allocated to my contractor! They never returned my calls about the issue, its been 6 months without contact and without any money to actually fix the damange to my home. Please dont use this company..check out rates for other adjusters (going rate is about 10%).
 10th of Jan, 2012 by   Verlapp +1 Votes
Will NEVER deal with this company again. Follow up, non existent. You do your own legwork, what are you paying them for???? BEWARE of this place!
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   MikeDV 0 Votes
I have used Citizens 2x now for 2x large losses that I have had in my home. Both times their adjusters hit a home run for me!!! My insurance company was offering me peanuts for the amount of damage I had! If it weren't for Citizens I would have been screwed! They are well worth the percent they charge! And it's my understanding that different claims warrant different percentages! I believe I was treated very fare with the rate they charged me.
I have personally met with Jerome Sacco (the owner), and in my entire life I have never come across a more professional and generous person. Class act!
I have highly recommended Citizens to many family and friends. all of which used this company, all of which are very happy with their work and their outcome of dollar amounts they have gotten back.
I can see how some people may be bothered with the lack of communication. But this is with any company. Have you ever called into comcast or peco about an issue! good luck getting through to them! Not saying that this makes it right, but the bottom line is...as long as the end result is in my favor, I am good! Just be patient and good things will come from it!
On behalf of myself, and the countless family & friends that CItizens Public Adjusters has helped...THANK YOU!
 2nd of Nov, 2012 by   Okkappa96 0 Votes
I believe this must be Citizens writing their own false review. Quite simply, why would a reputable, business, who hopes to get more business FORGE signatures on checks. They falsely endorsed not one, but 2 checks dealing with our claim. Of course they haven't responded with an explanation yet. But they don't need too. As I said in the beginning no reputable business would do that. Only a crooked one. Stay away from Citizens.
 16th of Jul, 2014 by   Scott Tucker 0 Votes
Citizens Public Adjusters are in it just for your money. They are just ambulance chasers. They approach you at your most vulnerable moment and make all these promises and then you wont hear from them until you chase them down. You do all your own legwork and they just want your checks. A legitimate company will wait for your call. Bottom line: DO NOT USE CITIZENS!!!

5 Tips on Finding a Real Estate Agent