logo

OSIM
Useless Product
4. (37 mins ago)
bingo hall.com
did not authorize this site
5. (1 hr 4 mins ago)

Posted:    Mike

Mortgage Payoff

Citimortgage
Iowa
I have been attempting to payoff my home with Citimortgage since June 2, 2008. It is now July 28th and I still have not received a refund check from them. I first called in to request a payoff on May 28th 2008 due to my home being destroyed by a tornado on May 25th 2008. The faxed me a payoff on May 28th good until July 1st - because it takes 30 days to pay a mortgage off - funny thing is it takes them one day to clear the payment!!! I sent my check off on June 2nd, requesting any refunds or return items to be mailed to my new address...well they returned my 'PAYOFFcheck, the check I sent them, to me at my old address - which sat there for 5 days until I finally called Citimortgage to check on my status and they told me what they had done. So I went to my old hometown and picked up my check at the City Hall - where all of the undeliverable packages were going. I then returned it to Citimortgage requesting a payoff again - this time as of August 1st because it was July 1st already. I then called them weekly checking on the status. Well - IRONICALLY on July 2nd I also signed a new mortgage with Citimortgage for my new home - they applied my payoff check to that loan! So when I called in and found that out I was furious and told them they should fix it, payoff the correct loan as of the date they received the check (which was supposedly July 10th). This was July 17th and I talked to a man that said the loan would be paid off as of July 10th and I would receive my 'refund' check - it would be sent out no later than July 21. I called back on July 28th and asked about the status and they said my loan was paid in full as of July 17th and my refund check was to be mailed on August 3rd - I told them they were wrong and I was not paying interest from July 10-July17. And I requested my check to be sent overnight ASAP - she could only promise me it would go out the third overnight. Today is July 28th and we will see how this plays out - Citimortgage is by far the WORST company I have ever dealt with and has the WORST customer service in any industry PERIOD!!! They are out to screw you out of every penny they can. As soon as I can justifiably switch mortgage companies - it is happening and I will NEVER recommend or support in any way any of my customers to place their mortgage with Citimortgage.
Comments United States Mortgage Companies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jul, 2008 by   Connie Meek 0 Votes
We are fighting with them too. Do you know that they actually put the wrong zip code on the Delaware
payment address. Our mortgage check has been lost somewhere in their system not cashed luckily but
in trying to deal with this all, I was put on hold, disconnected, unable to talk to anyone but voice mail when customer service had just spoken to someone in charge themselves. YES THEY HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TREAT YOU LIKE SOME LOSER WHO IS TRYING TO WORM OUT OF PAYING WHEN WE PAID EARLY every month for the last 5 years.
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   Realty Mediation Services 0 Votes

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

I take all that frustration away from you and create solutions that work. I know that it may be hard to swallow, but I do. I have done it for several people. And I can do it for you too. If you want more specifics or just want to talk to me, call my office at 888-453-1518 and check out the website, which is being updated with a few new options available. And this isn't just for people facing foreclosure, people that are current and want to pay off their home early, call me. I can and will help as many people as I am able to. What have you got to lose? Website address is http://www.onlybusiness.com/members/RealtyMediationService. Or send an e-mail with a number to reach you and a good time to call...and if not for you, best of luck. In all your endeavors.
 22nd of Aug, 2008 by   Rain Carmicheal 0 Votes
Just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I hope that you have this resolved now.

I have had a ton of problems with Citimortgage. Every time I would try and put extra money on my principal they would credit the next month's payment instead, even when I wrote on the check PRINCIPAL ONLY in florescent ink. Then they would delay crediting my account for a week after I wasted huge amounts of time trying to talk to someone on customer support.

I am about to pay off my loan next month and I am sure it is going to be a huge hassle. Customer service is amongst the worst I have ever seen. I cannot wait to wave goodbye to having to deal with this company. I wish that Mortgage companies were not allowed to sell their loans. That is how I ended up with Citi. I HIGHLY recommend if you have a choice to steer clear of them.
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Dan Kidd 0 Votes
For three months I have been trying to drop the PMI on my Citimortgage account. They make it near impossible because everytime I send the form with the proven criteria and option choice, they never get it. Most of the time I get to talk to friendly far away individuals that cant help or understand my standard-american accent. It is my third and final attempt by mail, and 10 different phone calls. The only thing I can do is switch companies if they dont meet my needsand the interest rate is right. These greedy corrupt banks dont need a bailout, they need a plague that consumes fecal matter.
 21st of Jul, 2009 by   help in Indy 0 Votes
Does the world know what is going on with this company. We put our house on the market one year ago and bought another home and moved into it thinking the home would sell soon due to its location. Then the world in the housing market went crazy. We were employed in the housing industry and found out in Feb. of 09 we were loosing our jobs in March of 09. We started calling Citi mortgage in Feb. 09 knowing we would be out of money by June if we did not find jobs. We always ended up with someone in India you could not understand and since we were not delinquent nothing could be done. Well June got here and we were correct if no job no money. We didn't make our June payment. The calls started, 13 in one day from India alone, but we thought maybe our prayers were answered when we got a signed offer on the house. The offer was $4000.00 off from covering the pay off of the mortgage. We are now into our 2nd mo of trying to get an answer of some sort to close this deal but citi mortgage would rather fore close on the loan than to take a short pay of $4000.00. We have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country in our area. We are fifth in the country on foreclosures. Houses in our market are selling at 65 cents on the dollar or less and when they get this house back they will loose at least 50 to 60 thousand dollars on this home.
Someone needs to let the world know what is going on and how these companies are just pi___ng the money away. I guess when the government gives you billions no-one cares what you do with it or how you care for it. If I told the goverment that I miss handled my money and made some real stupid mistakes they would send me 3 million dollars so I could continue to be stupid and keep Pi__ing the money away. No they will not. I will have to file Bankruptcy loose everything I've got and start over. What is really wild about the whole thing is I'm 57 years old been working since I was 11 and I have never in my life made a late payment. Thanks to a few greedy companies and a government that is wanting everyone on the same level { the bottom} and Citi Bank

ATM Scam