logo

Disconnect of Reliance Netconnect+

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc., Timonium, Maryland Complaints & Reviews - Letter received saying no credit given

Bill Me Later Contacts & Informations

Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc.

Posted:    Julia Thompson

Letter received saying no credit given

CIT Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc.
P.O. Box 5018
Timonium, Maryland
Phone: none given
I received a letter dated 11/18/09 from CIT Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. stating that I was not approved for a purchase from Aeropostale. I have never heard of CIT Bank and have never tried to purchase anything from Aeropostale on line or in any store. It seems that alot of people have gotten these. What should I do if anything?
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. complaints
Cit Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. - Letter I received

Comments

13th of Jun, 2012 by   Shannon Nugent 0 Votes
I just got the same Letter from WebBank c/o Bill Me Later (which I had never heard of until today) saying that I tried to open an account with them in connection with a recent purchase at Ebay on 5/29/2012. My information (never gave them any) was incomplete or innacurate so they could not complete the request. I DO have an Ebay account, but I haven't bought anything there in years!!! Just like above there is no contact number. Just the mailing address. I contacted WebBank to see what was up. I got their phone number from the internet!!!. But WebBank just told me to call Bill Me Later and gave me the number. 1(866)-528-3733 if anyone needs the number. I DON't have a Bill Me Later account so calling that number did me no good!!! I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?????
 21st of Jun, 2012 by   kimdar 0 Votes
I received a letter on 6-20-12 from WebBank C/O Bill Me Later, Inc. PO Box 5018, Timonium, MD 21094. The letter states as follows" This letter is in response to your recent request to OPEN A BILL ME LATER ACCOUNT.Our records show you requested to open an account or make a purchase using the BILL ME LATER PAYMENT METHOD on 6-2-12. We regret that we are unable to approve you for the service at this time for the following reason: your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was NOT MADE BY YOU. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESPOND TO THIS LETTER. If however, you have any questionsabout this service, please contact BILL ME LATER at the above address. Thank you." Sincerely, WEB-BANK, SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH.
 21st of Jun, 2012 by   kimdar 0 Votes
I would like to post this for all to see regarding online pharmacies and needing to purchase ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH GREENDOT SCRATCH CARDS. The online PHARMACY IS MEDCO.COM The agent is on a recorder and goes by the name of Peter. The number used is out of Wison, North Carolina and is 1-252-296-2210. Another name is Dan Ellis. I was told by PETER he needed my charge number, dob, health questions, ss#. Then computer was down. I was to purchase the GREENDOT SCRATCH CARDS from rite aid. All numbers were given to PETER. I received a call from DAN ELLIS who was his SUPERVISOR and said PETER WAS SUSPENDED FOR WRONG PRICE AND GETTING MY CHARGE INFO, ETC. I WAS TOO HAVE PAID MORE MONEY, THAT THE MEDICATION HAD ALREADY BEEN SHIPPED AND I NEEDED TO PURCHASE MORE MONEY CARDS. I GAVE THIS INFO. TO MY ATTORNY. I CALLED MY CHARGE CARD. I CANNOT DO ANYTHING AS IT WAS A PURCHASE UNDER A RETAIL., HOWEVER, I CLOSED THAT CHARGE ACCOUNT. I BOUGHT FRAUD PROTECTION AND FOUND PETER HAD MADE A PURCHASE AT A WALMART STORE FOR $50.00. I am going to contact the ATTORNEY GENERAL OFFICE IN NORTH CAROLINA, AND IN MY STATE AND MEDCO, WHICH IS BEIG FRAUDED SINCE ITSELF IS A LEGITIMATE CORPORATION, AND I AM GOING TO CONTACT WALMART HEAQUARTERS RE. ABOVE. Thank you for your time. BECAREFUL AND TAKE CARE.
 15th of Oct, 2012 by   MIKE31294 0 Votes
I DON'T KNOW WHAT EVERYONES PROBLEM IS, BUT I'VE USED BILL ME LATER FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. I'VE PAID IT OFF SEVERAL TIMES AND I USE IT QUITE OFTEN TO BUY COMPUTER PARTS TO BUILD, REPAR, OR UPGRADE FOR PEOPLE. HAVE EVEN BOUGHT HOME ELECTRONICS. NEVER HAVE HAD ANY PROBLEMS.

MIKE HERREN
BOSSIER CITY, LOUISIANA
 15th of Oct, 2012 by   kimdar 0 Votes
What is not seen here is, WE DID NOT REQUEST THESE ACCOUNTS FROM BILL ME LATER. IT IS CALLED IDENTITY THEFT AND FRAUD...BEWARE. AND GET FRAUD PROTECTION.
 15th of Oct, 2012 by   kimdar 0 Votes
I recently stayed at the Park Place Hotel 300 E. State St. Traverse City, Michigan. I have stayed several times in the last six months, including the Presedential Suite. This visit was the worst I have had. I have had in the past stayed and informed staff about the bugs, dirt, spiders and webs. This time, I got sick from something eaten in the restraunt in the hotel. I talked to the hotel manager. She was RUDE, NOT HEARING WHAT I HAD TO SAY, AND NOT WILLING TO ACKNOWLEDGE I WAS EVEN ILL AND APOLOGIZE FOR THAT. I give this place a complete no star rating. There are too many chances given to this hotel, and this was the last. There are also too many hotels on the water and other restraunts nearby to go to. This one is, as the brochure says"In my history book".
 10th of Jan, 2014 by   djsoffar 0 Votes
This problem is still going on. I got the identical letter that Kimdar got except that mine is dated 1-6-14 and is from Comenity Capital Bank c/o Bill Me Later, Inc. in Timonium, MD. and says it in connection with a purchase at BMI.com Acquisition. I have never applied for a Bill Me Later account and have never heard of BMI.com Acquisition.
 19th of Mar, 2014 by   redsfan 2 0 Votes
I, too, received a letter like the above. Of course, it is bogus, so I logged on to this website to see if other complaints were there. Now that that has been confirmed, I called my debit card company to see if an attempt was made there. So far, not, but a couple of weeks ago there were nine attempts on my debit card but they blocked them all and I had to change my card number. And that was not the first time. I would advise everyone to check their cards often. I wish their was something that could be done about these hackers and thieves!

Franklin H
Ohio
 14th of Apr, 2014 by   fereshdhes 0 Votes
I too recieved a letter stating that i was denied a bill me later account. Same letter as djsoffar, but for 4/10/2014. I have never applied for bill me later. Is there no other way to contact the company other than the address??

Fereshdhe s
California
 2nd of May, 2014 by   Sarah Goldstein 0 Votes
I just got exactly the same, I have never applied, but I have been disapproved...I will try to find some phone number where I can contact the bank and clarity...
 4th of Jun, 2014 by   Tom Varghese 0 Votes
Me too got the similar letter from Comenity Capital Bank. I have never applied for Bill me later account
 18th of Jun, 2014 by   TeeShell 0 Votes
I also got a letter from Comenity/Bill Me Later telling me my request to open an account had been denied. I was relieved, because I didn't submit an application to open an account, and suspect it was our neighbor's son, who has been tampering with our mail. It's good if you DO get a letter stating you've been denied for an application you never submitted, because that means they're just not accepting every application they receive. If they HAD, I would have been dealing with bills I never incurred. It looks like this has become quite an identify theft problem, though.
 15th of Aug, 2014 by   dogonband 0 Votes
I also received a letter from Comenity Capital Bank co/ Bill Me Later, Inc dated 08/11/2014. It did not give me an amount of the purchase but did say that i was denied credit approval to open a bill me later account. The main body of the letter says that it is from Trans Union (with a space and not one word. Suppose to be the credit agency).
 16th of Oct, 2014 by   coachag 0 Votes
My mom just received this letter in the mail last week and it said that she applied for a PayPal Credit back in September 17, and didn't get approved. Whatever it is, we called TransUnion and put a fraud alert on her account, and I am going to help her do this with the other two credit companies so this way, no one can just start making credit cards under her name. I was going to write to them letting them know that my mom never applied for any PayPal account and then I noticed that while the Comenity Bank address is in Maryland, at the bottom of the letter with the Federal Credit Reporting Act, they are saying they are from Ohio, and they also didn't spell Federal with a capital F. So it is VERY obvious that this letter is a FRAUD and a scam. They did go into her credit report because TransUnion shows it on there as an inquiry. Now I am in the process of calling TransUnion to help my mom dispute this inquiry. All of you should call your the three credit bureaus and also check your credit reports for any inquiries that are strange or has any of your wrong info. I noticed that in the inquiry they have my mom's wrong phone number listed in the inquiries.

AIG Fraud Perpetrated on the U S by Dodd Franks amp Pelosi