logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Global Personals
Stop charging my account....
2. (13 mins ago)
progarciniacanada.com
Don’t buy free trial – big scam
3. (13 mins ago)
Scam and lies

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CIMB Bank - ATM & CRU Complaints & Reviews - CIMB ATM Machine Switched Off so I MISSED My Flight!

CIMB Bank - ATM & CRU Contacts & Informations

CIMB Bank - ATM & CRU

Posted: 2011-03-05 by    Ahmad S.

CIMB ATM Machine Switched Off so I MISSED My Flight!

CIMB Bank
Malaysia
On 21 Feb 2011, I was at KL Central on the way to the airport for my flight at 17.25 to Jakarta. I wanted to withdraw money from CIMB ATM machine and take the 15.30 bus to the airport. While the machine was processing the transaction suddenly its operating system shut down completely and restarted, so it retained my CIMB ATM card!
I rushed to the CIMB branch in KL Central and asked for help but they said they don't have the key for ATM machine and I have to fill up request and wait for them to process. I had to hurry, if not I would miss my flight so I didn't have time for all that. I had NO cash with me at that time and I had just counted on the money in my account, so I tried to find someone to borrow RM10 to reach the airport, at the same time I called some of my friends to come and pick me up. Finally one my my friends managed to pick me up maybe 30-40 minutes later.
We rushed to the airport but I missed my flight anyway! I had to buy the next flight at 18.15 because i had some important work in Jakarta. So I went through a lot of stress and I had to ask money from people like beggars and finally I missed my flight, just because of one faulty machine which had not been maintained for ages probably!
Now the annoying part is that the CIMB CRU (Customer Resolution Unit) instead of compensating me for the loss they caused, they are putting the blame on me because I didn't have enough money on me or I was rushing to the airport. They are just the fake version of complaints units in the foreign banks, and trust me, the only word which can describe them is 'STUPID'!
Comments Malaysia Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Mar, 2011 by   robinvanarsenal 0 Votes
Please be real. How can expect them to compensate you that way. You might as well said that because of their atm's, you've just missed to close a billion dollar worth of business contract.

New Cedit Card Scam