logo

Posted:    C. McADams

E-mail Scam

Chevron Oil Petroleum
Georgia
On 6/14/09, I received an E-mail from from Steve Collins at chevrontexacodept500@msn.com stating that I have won $750, 000.00. Today 6/19/09, I received another e-mail, m this time from Mr. Terry Froster - Remittance Director, stating that I won One Million Dellars from the Chevron Oil/Gas due to the two unlimited oil wells just discovered in Africa. Frosters e-mail address is froster.remmitance.live@live.hk. Why can't something be done about this? It is a very cruel thing to do especially to folks who are in financial difficulty like my husband and I. It seems to me, with all the internet nerds out there, someone should be able to find out who is doing this and put a stop to it.
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Oct, 2008 by   MariJane Stahl 0 Votes
I received the following e-mail this morning, and don't believe it is ligit.

"You have been choosen by the Chevron/Texaco Board as one of the recipients of this year 2008 Donation.You are to contact mr. jeff cole our Executive Secretary via his email:chevrontexacoboard2008@live.com
Mrs.Deanna Showli."

Please advise.

Thank you.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   Sandra 0 Votes

won $500,000.00 - chevron/texaco

Mr. Kenneth Davids, if that is his name, needs to be caught and put a stop to this fruad.
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   Mickey 0 Votes
I got the same email, only I was to reply to a Mr. Taylor at chevrontexaco.grant@googlemail.com

Is this a scam?
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   Joe Shmoe 0 Votes
So when the sender/spammer is in another country, what are us "nerd types" suppose to do when we know who it is. Should we bomb their moms house since that is where the 17 year old computer jerk is? In a basement sending 100 emails a second. Also us "nerd types" dont have the ability to trace every spam email out there. Putting a stop to spam mail will NEVER happen. The sooner you realize this the sooner you will realize NO ONE wants to send YOU any large amount of money for nothing.

When I go outside to my mailbox, and get a publishers clearing house letter saying i won 750, 000 dollars, should I demand this stop if i do not get the money, cause I feel tricked. Of course not, sense common to have, yes?

PS. goog search mail spam filter, and allow mail from people you know to come to your mail box if it is so upsetting to get Ed Mcman type emails in your inbox.

Mechanic Scams