Charter Communications

Service Outages

Charter Communications
My family has had Charter Communications as an internet service provider for over 4 1/2 years now. Ever since Spring of 2008, we have had DAILY SERVICE OUTAGES.

We pay $60.00 a month for SERVICE WE DO NOT RECEIVE.

Tech support is a total nightmare! Charter outsources their technical support to a foreign country where none of the "technicians" speak nor understand the English language.

Tech support refuses to tell you when you call that the outage is Charter's problem. They tried to make me uninstall hardware from my computer. When I continually refused, they finally told me that CHARTER HAD THE OUTAGE and that MY COMPUTER WAS NOT THE PROBLEM. These clowns were trying to get me to uninstall hardware and reinstall it for absolutely no reason at all! The outage was in their lousy system!

They also can never find my account when I call because I had a phone number change and CHARTER BILLING IS UNABLE TO KEEP ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE RECORDS. I have been told repeatedly that I have no account. Yet they manage to get the damn bill to me each month! Whenever I ask to speak to a supervisor, they refuse. They tell me they cannot transfer me to a supervisor unless they can look up my account. Last night, they ASKED ME FOR MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. What sane person is going to give some foreigner their Social Security number?!! I refused this as well.

We are now changing to another internet service provider. Charter is the worst company I have had to deal with in recent years, and CHARTER WILL NEVER GET MY BUSINESS EVER AGAIN!!
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Providers

24th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have the same problem but the only issue is I can't go to another ISP. DSL is unavailable in my area and Satellite doesn't work for what I do online.

I'm frustrated beyond belief. It's costing me so much when I can't look up prices for customers online. It goes out almost everyday for at least 10 hours.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Had service outtages here and there last two weeks. Call and request to cancel! They will send someone out within 2-3 days- at same time ask them to reduce your monthly bill! I got the cost down $10 a month same as their current promotion for new customers.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
Get Dish or Directv...
 28th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
no contract fees bull its promotion as they call it ive been with charter for over 12 yeas now or was I had internet and basic tv 99.00 I was charged each month than the promotion ended and my bill went to 149.00 a month they would not give me a new promotion so I cancel now try to make a payment on line to pay off bill imposable and they want to charge you 5.00 to make a phone call payment whats this charge 5.00 to pay off your bill, what use to be a good company is not so anymore ive since went to wifi tv and internet I pay 13.78 a month now for internet tv is free yes that's right free I have airfiber for internet just as fastas charter and the free tv I get I have over 300 channels to watch there is how ever pay for view channels showtime hbo max encore ex but at only 6.99 a month look what charter charges, is company has turned into a ripoff lying about no contract flees I guess its all in the words not truth so if your tire off getting ripoff look for other ways to get service its much cheaper and just as good or better

Charter Communications Logo Charter Communications