logo

Yahoo UK & Ireland
Yahoo Award Prize
2. (6 mins ago)
Diet ultimo
no response to cancel further products
3. (11 mins ago)
TRADELINES TO BOOST CREDIT SCORES
Todd stockton of highlands ranch colorado ripped me off !
4. (21 mins ago)

Posted:    natsmom

Service Outages

Charter Communications
California
My family has had Charter Communications as an internet service provider for over 4 1/2 years now. Ever since Spring of 2008, we have had DAILY SERVICE OUTAGES.

We pay $60.00 a month for SERVICE WE DO NOT RECEIVE.

Tech support is a total nightmare! Charter outsources their technical support to a foreign country where none of the "technicians" speak nor understand the English language.

Tech support refuses to tell you when you call that the outage is Charter's problem. They tried to make me uninstall hardware from my computer. When I continually refused, they finally told me that CHARTER HAD THE OUTAGE and that MY COMPUTER WAS NOT THE PROBLEM. These clowns were trying to get me to uninstall hardware and reinstall it for absolutely no reason at all! The outage was in their lousy system!

They also can never find my account when I call because I had a phone number change and CHARTER BILLING IS UNABLE TO KEEP ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE RECORDS. I have been told repeatedly that I have no account. Yet they manage to get the damn bill to me each month! Whenever I ask to speak to a supervisor, they refuse. They tell me they cannot transfer me to a supervisor unless they can look up my account. Last night, they ASKED ME FOR MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. What sane person is going to give some foreigner their Social Security number?!! I refused this as well.

We are now changing to another internet service provider. Charter is the worst company I have had to deal with in recent years, and CHARTER WILL NEVER GET MY BUSINESS EVER AGAIN!!
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jun, 2009 by   orsty3001 0 Votes
I have the same problem but the only issue is I can't go to another ISP. DSL is unavailable in my area and Satellite doesn't work for what I do online.

I'm frustrated beyond belief. It's costing me so much when I can't look up prices for customers online. It goes out almost everyday for at least 10 hours.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   sls_medford 0 Votes
Had service outtages here and there last two weeks. Call and request to cancel! They will send someone out within 2-3 days- at same time ask them to reduce your monthly bill! I got the cost down $10 a month same as their current promotion for new customers.
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   buddrick fizzlemeister 0 Votes