logo

Posted: 2012-03-22 by

HORRIBLE SERVICE

CENTURYLINK
Ft. Myers, Florida
Centurylink/Prism is by far the worst service I have ever had. For months and months, I have had TV and internet problems. I've had to spend hours and hours on the phone while their Prism TV "technicians" try to find the problem from their office, usually in LA, when I'm in Floirda. After I get the "tier 1" technicians, its inevitable that they will pass me on to the "tier" 2 technicians, this, after being on hold for yet another interminable amount of time. The bulk of my monthly cell phone minutes goes to trying to solve the problems of the lousy Centurylink service I have. Also, the bill has now entered in to the equation, making for me, yet another problem to deal with. For the bill problems, I have to call Centurylink itself, and when doing so, I get a different story from each and every customer service rep that I am in contact with. I recently was sent to the "Retention" department, to help resolve my bill, and to keep me as a customer, I suppose. It is with this man, in LaCrosse, WS that my bill amount was determined, credits applied for all of the bad service and time down, etc. Well, lo and behold, the next month bill comes out, and BAM!! Its 30 dollars MORE than what the retention person and I settled on!!! Back to the phones!! I still have not received any satisfaction, and I now get the excuses of "well that service went up, the box rental went up, the internet went up", and on and on and on!! This is the most maddening service I've ever had in my lifetime! And not one person has been able to find out the problem of my serivce, it continues til this day, and I've had technicians out to my house time and time again, to no avail. The most recent visit of a technician was today, as my son's tv would not "boot", although it was properly hooked up, etc., and we had totally gone over the options of fixing it the night before and yet another 1 hour phone conversation to get our TV service working, as mine was down too. So, the tech comes to my house today, I don't even know he's in the house, as my son let him in, apparently he went to my son's room to look at his TV, and what do you think happened next?? This technician just barges in my room, no knock, no, "hello, are you decent", no NOTHING! I was at my computer working on something, in my nightgown, and I WAS MORTIFIED that this man had just blatantly entered my room!! He went straight for my modem and started a restart, which, also booted me from my computer, on which I was in the middle of something! Oh, and it was the same tech that always has come to my house, and has yet to find anything wrong with my system. All he has done is replace equipment in the hopes that that would "do it". I am disgusted at best, I owe a past due balance that I am refusing to pay until they fix the current bill, and I'm also not going to pay a dime until they fix this broken system!! I'm tired of the techs in LA that have done nothing, I'm tired of the techs in FL that have done nothing, and I'm tired of the customer service reps who are extremely rude and could care less if you're unhappy about your incorrect bill, and have no intention of resolving it, all they offer are excuses as to why I should pay it. ADIOS YOU TERRIBLE CENTURYLINK/PRISM SERVICE, YOU GET AN 'F'.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
I, too, have had terrible service, especially with the TV freeze up thing. I've had a tech out to my house time and time again, the last experience being horrible. I didn't even know the tech was in my house, as my son had let him in, and before I knew it, this guy had just barged into my room, no knock, no, "hello", no "are you decent", nothing. I started complaining immediately, stating that I was in my nightgown, to which he had no reaction. Then he just decided to restart my modem, when I was online in the middle of something, never saying what exactly he was going to do or giving me a chance to finish what I was doing online. That's when I threw him out! I'd had enough, and it was the same tech that had been at my house time and time again, never rectifying a thing. This company doesn't know its butt from a hole in the ground, and they can't fix the problems. Also, the bill has come in to play in this as they have raised it on me, even AFTER I talked to the "retention" department, where we settled on a price, the next bill was 30 bucks higher than even my original bills!! Also, if you're trying to get credit on a bill, good luck with that too. They tell you that they won't issue a credit until the problem as 'been resolved", meaning, another visit from a tech...BULL! I'd have to have to tech to my house every single day to 'get credit" on my bill for the poor service, because it screws up every single day!!! Its all a bunch of baloney! And if you call the tech service, and they can't resolve the problem from their desk, they issue a service ticket for the almighty tech to come to your house, AGAIN. The whole system is a sham, not to mention the problems with the billing. DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE. My location is N.Ft.Myers, FL
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
Hello SherryLynn1976, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I'm sorry to read about that experience you've had with our Prism service, and with your bill not being correct. I wanted to reach out and offer to help out with your services, as we would hate to lose your business. If you would like further assistance, e-mail me at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com, and we'll be happy to help out.

Thanks,
B
CenturyLink Help Team
 28th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
I too am having a horrendous experience with Prism. I have had five tickets in for the picture freezing on my television. You have to watch tv with the remote in your hand and switch up or down every 10 minutes. I have been told there is a piece of equipment that needs to be replaced, but Prism is going back and forth with the manufacturer. They told me it will be a month before service might be corrected. Although I was given one month credit for tv service, I have been inconvenienced for three months. I am currently seeking my options with Comcast and will be switching as soon as possible because PRISM will not address my problem in a timely manner.
 13th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
Just had Prism installed yesterday. Techs were on-time and very professional. I helped them with new wiring. I have five TVs, telephone and Internet for several PCs in the house.

TV service seems good, but occasionally will freeze up. We only use two TVs regularly. Phone service seems OK (that is what the company is!)

Internet is another issue. My PC runs fine on Prism Internet, connected to my switch at 1-Gb. Speed test shows over 10-Mb. My wife’s PC is another storey! It also connects to switch at 1-Gb, but all internet access seems like it is not even connected. Speed test takes forever to run and finally shows up .32-Mb. That’s right – point-32! I called service and they had me run the speed test. She could not believe it. I have a service call scheduled for today.

I thought her PC was broken since everything else seems to get to Internet OK, so I reconnected my old RoadRunner modem and ran speed tests on both PCs and they BOTH showed over 26-MB speed! One even showed over 32-Mb!

Don’t know what to say. Guess I’ll see what the tech says when he comes. It will be easy to cancel this mess and go back to Roadrunner, since nothing there has been removed yet.

I was hoping for good things as this package was going to save me over $50 a month.
 23rd of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
Report unresolved bills to the FCC; you should receive a call back from the corporate office!!
 11th of Nov, 2013 by    0 Votes
I was thinking about switching to Prism from Directv but after reading about your problems I think I will stick to Directv.
 7th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
I also have prism tv. Its horrible service and bad pictures. I had cox hd before and the pictures are far better. prism hd sucks. they have my rooms on wireless. all wireless cannot produce the same picture quality. you can see grains and blurs. its worse on regular channels. I have led flat screens Samsung 60 inch. makes my tv looks like shit. Not happy. I want out from prism and go back to Cox.
 7th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
Another thing. even my families noticed it when they come to visit and we all watch a movies together. You think they would want to switch to prism after seeing how bad the pictures on my tv? Now when i go to there house, some of them has dtv and cox, the pictures are far better. id wish i had wait it out to see other customers with prism before i switch. Why dont you have direct connection? I hope this gets resolved. until then, i will let everyone knows how bad the picture quality is. Tried calling in, im tired of the hold, transfers, and get nowhere. Now im stuck with this contract for 2 years. ?
 18th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am new to century link prism... installed yesterday...TV froze last nite... I had to call 3 times today as it keeps freezing...told they will send a tech on Monday as tech do not work in this area on Saturday...yet I saw a century link van drive right by my door... after reading above replies and complaints I am glad they offer 30 month trial...because I am going back to direct TV...
I don't like it always freezing and then to wait 30 minutes to even speak to someone is absolutely ridiculous!!!
I guess I will be doing a lot of swearing tomorrow when my Patriots game freezes... NEVER had this problem with direct TV
 25th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
Centurylink prism is the worst service I've ever had. Everything interfere with my internet service, the microwave, the dryer, etc. My tv channels keep going blank saying"protected by tv 14". Centurylink has tried to talk me thru this and nothing happens when I go by their instructions. I've had prism about 1-1/2yr now, & have had several promises to come fix, and no one calls or shows up when they say they will. I'm currently looking for another service that's better and has better customer service. I'm paying too much money to not have internet & tv service working.
 15th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
Prism is the absolute worst TV experience I have ever had. An antenna would be better. We switched from Direct TV to Prism. Ever since the switch, we have had TVs freeze up temporarily then resume at a later point in the show. A tech came out to the house, screwed around with some wires in the junction box outside and said it should be OK now. Channels were still freezing up all the time. Now the HD channels are all unavailable...CenturyLink says they know about the problem and are trying to fix it. No estimate on when repairs will be complete, or information as to what the problem is.
Going to switch back to DISH. They provided the best service we've ever had. The only time we ever lost a signal was during a torrential downpour.
If you're thinking of switching to Prism...think again. It's not worth the few pennies you'll save.
 21st of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I recorded and saved lots of shows so that i would have something to watch over the next 2 weeks, because of the holidays there's not much on TV to watch until Jan 4th. Now all i have is a BIG RED X. First reboot was an X13 and now an X10. All those saved recordings GONE!!! It's a Saturday night so they can't schedule me until Monday late afternoon or early evening. I've had the freezes and the sluggish reaction time when using the remote and oh, when you do a search you feel like you're looking at a computer from when computers had dial-up modems watching swirly circles and waiting for your search to finally process. I'm a pro at resets, unplugging and rebooting. I am disgusted with prisms' DVR. Movies GONE, weeks of my favorite shows GONE, live TV GONE and my patience GONE. What am i paying for???
 12th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Prism is horrible! Since having it installed in December 2014 I have had multiple weel
Kay issues with phone, Internet and tv service. Techs are here at least twice a week which disrupts my schedule. I constantly have to unplug, reboot!! The tv streaming stutters and freezes, Internet and phone were down for a week. Do not switch to Prism!
 12th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I looked forward to when the service was going to be available in my area. When we saw the service trucks prepping the neighborhood I anxiously wait for to opportunity to sign up. At last a rep showed up at my door and we set up everything even having a call recorded as proof of the conversation. I had service in three days and enjoyed TV signal, internet and phone services. No problems at all. Then my first bill came which they had said would be high because of set up and other things I knew of but this was double what I expected. I contacted customer service and after more hen an hour I finally had someone tell me to pay what I thought was right and they would start an investigation and get back to me. I received my bill the following month for more then double what I was quoted plus late charge and what I had shorted them the previous month. Spent more then an hour on the phone but finally got the similar answer that I would pay what I quoted and they would check on the investigation. Two weeks later I received a disconnect notice. I spent a couple hours on the phone and using the web site before again getting a person to assure me we would not be disconnected because I have been making payments and the investigation was still in process. THREE DAYS LATE I WAS DISCONECTED. Again spent a couple of hours on the phone and our services were turned back on and the disconnect few was waved because of the communication I had been doing since I received my first bill. I was instructed to contact a customer loyalty number and they would clear up everything. This is the best part. I called the loyalty line and spent time with someone who didn't want to transfer me to them but eventually did. I spoke to a lady who said that they couldn't confirm what I was saying because that recorded conversation that was the proof of the quoted price and service was only held for forty-five days. No investigation was on record and that if I wanted she would sign me up again but at a much higher monthly rate and all the back payments were my responsibility because they don't keep any records that they could refer to and that I could be lying. I had the name of the person who came to my house, the name of the person that recorded the original quote. The service was great but the company is run by a bunch of idiots.
 16th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
I agree, I have had centrylink for awhile now. My problem is the bill keeps going up every month. The internet always cuts out and is never stable. I'm on the phone with their customer service and have been transferred six times now all to the wrong department! I'm so done with this company when ever I do get through you can bet that all of my services are being shut off as of today. That is if I can ever get to the right department. Horrible customer service all around and I would advise everyone to stay far away from their internet and phone service they are giving direct TV a bad name!

New Scam Targets Pet Lovers