logo

Posted: 2012-03-22 by    SherryLynn1976

HORRIBLE SERVICE

CENTURYLINK
Ft. Myers, Florida
Centurylink/Prism is by far the worst service I have ever had. For months and months, I have had TV and internet problems. I've had to spend hours and hours on the phone while their Prism TV "technicians" try to find the problem from their office, usually in LA, when I'm in Floirda. After I get the "tier 1" technicians, its inevitable that they will pass me on to the "tier" 2 technicians, this, after being on hold for yet another interminable amount of time. The bulk of my monthly cell phone minutes goes to trying to solve the problems of the lousy Centurylink service I have. Also, the bill has now entered in to the equation, making for me, yet another problem to deal with. For the bill problems, I have to call Centurylink itself, and when doing so, I get a different story from each and every customer service rep that I am in contact with. I recently was sent to the "Retention" department, to help resolve my bill, and to keep me as a customer, I suppose. It is with this man, in LaCrosse, WS that my bill amount was determined, credits applied for all of the bad service and time down, etc. Well, lo and behold, the next month bill comes out, and BAM!! Its 30 dollars MORE than what the retention person and I settled on!!! Back to the phones!! I still have not received any satisfaction, and I now get the excuses of "well that service went up, the box rental went up, the internet went up", and on and on and on!! This is the most maddening service I've ever had in my lifetime! And not one person has been able to find out the problem of my serivce, it continues til this day, and I've had technicians out to my house time and time again, to no avail. The most recent visit of a technician was today, as my son's tv would not "boot", although it was properly hooked up, etc., and we had totally gone over the options of fixing it the night before and yet another 1 hour phone conversation to get our TV service working, as mine was down too. So, the tech comes to my house today, I don't even know he's in the house, as my son let him in, apparently he went to my son's room to look at his TV, and what do you think happened next?? This technician just barges in my room, no knock, no, "hello, are you decent", no NOTHING! I was at my computer working on something, in my nightgown, and I WAS MORTIFIED that this man had just blatantly entered my room!! He went straight for my modem and started a restart, which, also booted me from my computer, on which I was in the middle of something! Oh, and it was the same tech that always has come to my house, and has yet to find anything wrong with my system. All he has done is replace equipment in the hopes that that would "do it". I am disgusted at best, I owe a past due balance that I am refusing to pay until they fix the current bill, and I'm also not going to pay a dime until they fix this broken system!! I'm tired of the techs in LA that have done nothing, I'm tired of the techs in FL that have done nothing, and I'm tired of the customer service reps who are extremely rude and could care less if you're unhappy about your incorrect bill, and have no intention of resolving it, all they offer are excuses as to why I should pay it. ADIOS YOU TERRIBLE CENTURYLINK/PRISM SERVICE, YOU GET AN 'F'.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Mar, 2012 by   SherryLynn1976 0 Votes
I, too, have had terrible service, especially with the TV freeze up thing. I've had a tech out to my house time and time again, the last experience being horrible. I didn't even know the tech was in my house, as my son had let him in, and before I knew it, this guy had just barged into my room, no knock, no, "hello", no "are you decent", nothing. I started complaining immediately, stating that I was in my nightgown, to which he had no reaction. Then he just decided to restart my modem, when I was online in the middle of something, never saying what exactly he was going to do or giving me a chance to finish what I was doing online. That's when I threw him out! I'd had enough, and it was the same tech that had been at my house time and time again, never rectifying a thing. This company doesn't know its butt from a hole in the ground, and they can't fix the problems. Also, the bill has come in to play in this as they have raised it on me, even AFTER I talked to the "retention" department, where we settled on a price, the next bill was 30 bucks higher than even my original bills!! Also, if you're trying to get credit on a bill, good luck with that too. They tell you that they won't issue a credit until the problem as 'been resolved", meaning, another visit from a tech...BULL! I'd have to have to tech to my house every single day to 'get credit" on my bill for the poor service, because it screws up every single day!!! Its all a bunch of baloney! And if you call the tech service, and they can't resolve the problem from their desk, they issue a service ticket for the almighty tech to come to your house, AGAIN. The whole system is a sham, not to mention the problems with the billing. DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE. My location is N.Ft.Myers, FL
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   @CenturyLinkHelp 0 Votes
Hello SherryLynn1976, this is B with the CenturyLink Help Team. I'm sorry to read about that experience you've had with our Prism service, and with your bill not being correct. I wanted to reach out and offer to help out with your services, as we would hate to lose your business. If you would like further assistance, e-mail me at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com, and we'll be happy to help out.

Thanks,
B
CenturyLink Help Team
 28th of Sep, 2012 by   Alliebob 0 Votes
I too am having a horrendous experience with Prism. I have had five tickets in for the picture freezing on my television. You have to watch tv with the remote in your hand and switch up or down every 10 minutes. I have been told there is a piece of equipment that needs to be replaced, but Prism is going back and forth with the manufacturer. They told me it will be a month before service might be corrected. Although I was given one month credit for tv service, I have been inconvenienced for three months. I am currently seeking my options with Comcast and will be switching as soon as possible because PRISM will not address my problem in a timely manner.
 13th of Oct, 2012 by   JerryOrlando 0 Votes
Just had Prism installed yesterday. Techs were on-time and very professional. I helped them with new wiring. I have five TVs, telephone and Internet for several PCs in the house.

TV service seems good, but occasionally will freeze up. We only use two TVs regularly. Phone service seems OK (that is what the company is!)

Internet is another issue. My PC runs fine on Prism Internet, connected to my switch at 1-Gb. Speed test shows over 10-Mb. My wife’s PC is another storey! It also connects to switch at 1-Gb, but all internet access seems like it is not even connected. Speed test takes forever to run and finally shows up .32-Mb. That’s right – point-32! I called service and they had me run the speed test. She could not believe it. I have a service call scheduled for today.

I thought her PC was broken since everything else seems to get to Internet OK, so I reconnected my old RoadRunner modem and ran speed tests on both PCs and they BOTH showed over 26-MB speed! One even showed over 32-Mb!

Don’t know what to say. Guess I’ll see what the tech says when he comes. It will be easy to cancel this mess and go back to Roadrunner, since nothing there has been removed yet.

I was hoping for good things as this package was going to save me over $50 a month.
 23rd of Jul, 2013 by   Happy w/ CL Now. 0 Votes
Report unresolved bills to the FCC; you should receive a call back from the corporate office!!
 11th of Nov, 2013 by   azoney 0 Votes
I was thinking about switching to Prism from Directv but after reading about your problems I think I will stick to Directv.
 7th of Jan, 2014 by   hk40cal 0 Votes
I also have prism tv. Its horrible service and bad pictures. I had cox hd before and the pictures are far better. prism hd sucks. they have my rooms on wireless. all wireless cannot produce the same picture quality. you can see grains and blurs. its worse on regular channels. I have led flat screens Samsung 60 inch. makes my tv looks like shit. Not happy. I want out from prism and go back to Cox.
 7th of Jan, 2014 by   hk40cal 0 Votes
Another thing. even my families noticed it when they come to visit and we all watch a movies together. You think they would want to switch to prism after seeing how bad the pictures on my tv? Now when i go to there house, some of them has dtv and cox, the pictures are far better. id wish i had wait it out to see other customers with prism before i switch. Why dont you have direct connection? I hope this gets resolved. until then, i will let everyone knows how bad the picture quality is. Tried calling in, im tired of the hold, transfers, and get nowhere. Now im stuck with this contract for 2 years. ?
 18th of Jan, 2014 by   Crappy s 0 Votes
I am new to century link prism... installed yesterday...TV froze last nite... I had to call 3 times today as it keeps freezing...told they will send a tech on Monday as tech do not work in this area on Saturday...yet I saw a century link van drive right by my door... after reading above replies and complaints I am glad they offer 30 month trial...because I am going back to direct TV...
I don't like it always freezing and then to wait 30 minutes to even speak to someone is absolutely ridiculous!!!
I guess I will be doing a lot of swearing tomorrow when my Patriots game freezes... NEVER had this problem with direct TV
 25th of Feb, 2014 by   L.T. H 0 Votes
Centurylink prism is the worst service I've ever had. Everything interfere with my internet service, the microwave, the dryer, etc. My tv channels keep going blank saying"protected by tv 14". Centurylink has tried to talk me thru this and nothing happens when I go by their instructions. I've had prism about 1-1/2yr now, & have had several promises to come fix, and no one calls or shows up when they say they will. I'm currently looking for another service that's better and has better customer service. I'm paying too much money to not have internet & tv service working.
 15th of Sep, 2014 by   PasqualeC 0 Votes
Prism is the absolute worst TV experience I have ever had. An antenna would be better. We switched from Direct TV to Prism. Ever since the switch, we have had TVs freeze up temporarily then resume at a later point in the show. A tech came out to the house, screwed around with some wires in the junction box outside and said it should be OK now. Channels were still freezing up all the time. Now the HD channels are all unavailable...CenturyLink says they know about the problem and are trying to fix it. No estimate on when repairs will be complete, or information as to what the problem is.
Going to switch back to DISH. They provided the best service we've ever had. The only time we ever lost a signal was during a torrential downpour.
If you're thinking of switching to Prism...think again. It's not worth the few pennies you'll save.

Mechanic Scams