logo

Classic Escapes
Classic Escape Holidays
4. (34 mins ago)
Sheridan Labs
Charging my Debit CArd without Auth.
5. (48 mins ago)

CenterPoint Energy
Houston, Texas
Phone: 1-888-572-4399
www.centerpointenergy.com
This company is a joke. We received a bill for $794.00, after never having received a bill for more than $300.00. We called the provider Stream Energy who told us Centerpoint they received a letter from Centerpoint stating they changed our meter. Centerpoint has not been to our home in more than 15 years other than to read the meter, and they claim they sent no such claim of a meter change to Centerpoint Energy.

One of these companies is behaving deceptively and based on my conversation with the Customer Service Representatives at both customer I have discerned that it is Centerpoint Energy. Their claim was that the meter reader probably made a mistake. This an unacceptable practice in that you, , the customer receives a bill that is some $500.00 to $600.00 more per month than you have allocated.

I would like for anyone else who is or has experienced this problem to contract me. I would like to see if we could get an attorney to look at filing a class action lawsuit.
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Jul, 2008 by   cog 0 Votes
themagiccog@rocketmail.com... thats my email. Mail me, I have the same complaints. Guess what, my bill rose from 180 to 800 then to 1000 dollars.
Centerpoint (or dynowatt) are the antichrist!!!
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Jeff Crockett 0 Votes
I am having the same problem with this company right now! Everything started out great price wise, but over the last six months or so we have noticed our bill going from an average of $200 a month to almost $500 dollars this month! I am interested in participating in any class action lawsuit that might happen. Please contact me at jeffcusmcsemperfi@sbcglobal.net with any information regarding a lawsuit! This company is cheating people somehow, and it needs to come to a stop IMMEDIATELY!!
 6th of Sep, 2008 by   Jared 0 Votes
it is true centerpoint are nothing but crooks messing people around giving fictious readings to cheaper energy providers like streamenergy and alot of other's keep this in mind folks reliant lost alot of there monopoly tittybar and beer money over the power to choose electric providers here in texas that is why centerpoint energy or aka HL&P lost out on alot of there tittybar and beer money over deregulation and there pressureing the little man who does'nt waste alot of electricity to pay more but poppycock let us all do those money hungry idiots a favor and sue there sorry no good asses straight to court is what i say and steal there money lets see how they like it huh? piss on them lol ;-P report them to the Federal Trade Commision there online vent out your frustration on those thieving money hungry self righteous basterd's that they are lets show them who's boss we the pulic flip the bill they don't keep that in mind.
 25th of Nov, 2008 by   kelvin woods 0 Votes
I know how you feel about centerpoint ! i just got a bill for $1200 and i never got a billover $250 in the past . They (centerpoint ) claim there was a billing error and they forgot to charge me for 3 months back . I got and paid my bill every month for the last 2 years . You are right this company is a scam and somebody need to take them down
 8th of Dec, 2008 by   Anthony 0 Votes
I am interested in being part of a class action suit against Centerpoint Energy and would like to know if you know of any individuals or attorneys organizing this. I would really appreciate any information you can give me. I have attached a summary of my complaints regarding Centerpoint to this email.

Anthony June

I have had an ongoing problem with Centerpoint Energy in Houston, Texas concerning my faulty meter and connections, not having my meter tested or calibrated in as many as 28 years despite being told by that it had been tested and found accurate upon enrolling with 2 different energy companies, and my energy bills more than doubling from a range of $35 - $100 monthly to $180 - $320 monthly in a 1 month period for a 792 square foot condominium. I had an independent electrician check my the balance of my home's electrical load from my fuse box and found it to be balanced within 2 amps of each phase and concluded that I have either a faulty meter and/or faulty main connections of my meter. I am now without power and have outstanding balances due to 2 energy companies while attempting to resolve this. I filed a complaint with the Public Utility Commission of Texas who found no fault of Centerpoint Energy. I have exhausted all options (including the ones proposed in Joanna's posting) except legal or a class action suit (which I am willing to participate in).
 10th of Dec, 2008 by   Anthony 0 Votes
My contact information is dableus2002@yahoo.com - Anthony June
 22nd of Mar, 2009 by   CenterpointsBiatch 0 Votes
I would love to be part of this lawsuit or get some kind of info on what I should do, Ive allready posted my story but Nothing is being done and I dont know where to go.

I was told someone would be sent out to check my place for leaks (to explain my normaly 40-50 dollar gas bill spking to 800$!) they never sent anyone and still sent me a letter saying they did!

"Centerpoint energy is not found to be a t fault for your gas bill"

This is total crap and Im getting royaly screwed, I hardly use ANY gas and centerpoint is scamming the hell out of people!Isnt there anyone to regulate these crooks?!?!?!

My name is Daniel and can be contacted at patrick032307@yahoo.com

Soon I will be without gas and all because of one greedy scam artist of an energy provider.
 23rd of Jun, 2010 by   centerpoint gas houston ripoff 0 Votes
These are crooks, people beware the latest scam is you DO NOT get a seperate disconnect notice ...its part of your bill in a box . I was one day late on a $19 balance, these bastards came out and shut the gas off...they want $80 to turn back on and a deposit of $90 ! and the guy thought it was funny.
 24th of Sep, 2010 by   judymLaut 0 Votes
I live in a 600 sq. foot apartment our bill has been over $300 a month then i call and ask them to come check the meter they say if theres nothing wrong with it i will have to pay a fee (which i already know from past experience they cant charge you a fee if it hasnt been checked in 7 years) So i ask when it was last checked she says 1980... hmm 30 years? so they come check the meter find a problem with it give us a new one and say they are going to watch the readings to see what are ACTUAL usage is. what do i see next month a bill with an estimated usage amount and what does centerpoint say? there was a broken seal thats why they gave us a new meter the usage was correct? so then why was it estimated? oh they couldnt get to the meter. so then how did they give us a new meter a month ago?
SCAM
judymlaut@aol.com
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   maui34 0 Votes
i have been billed a different meter for over 2yrs. and when i ask for them that its a billing error, they refused to believe and told me i needed to hire a heating tech to trace and read my meter, even though it is clearly marked already. and when i moved in, i had a gas guy come out and turned everything on and tested my furnace. i am at maui34@live.com
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   jmh03 0 Votes
Centerpoint Energy is a nightmare that just will not go away. This service company literally sucks. They have no since of compassion for the consumer or the community in a whole. They installed a smart meter on my property a few weeks ago. I have not received a bill for this billing as of yet. I will stay intouch on this matter. However, my issue is personal due to me overlooking my payment and getting disconnected and paying a high price to get reconnected and still don't have gas service since last week 3/10/2011. I am interested in an investigation of Centerpoint Energy into the operations of customer service and management. I am furious and outraged that I do not have service on 3/15/2011. So if there is a class action suit in existence I would like to a part of the suit. Contact jmhenry03@yahoo.com
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   Kenneth D. Smith 0 Votes
Horrible Company
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   Kenneth D. Smith 0 Votes
Should be shut down
 23rd of Jun, 2011 by   Queen Elizabeth 0 Votes
I want to take them down they are liars turned me off after I made a payment twice in a role just told me walmart isn't authorized to take payment
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   Victim07 0 Votes
We are looking to join others with smart meter issues in a class action lawsuit - please contact us montana002@clear.net
Since March 12, 2011 of our installation of smart meter we have had ongoing health problems - we have contacted numerous state and local officials with no response or they just dont care because they try to convice you its all about saving money!!! So while we die from RF Radiation being emitted into our homes and killing us - look on the bright side, you are saving money -
Please contact us if you are experiencing any type health issues or other issues -

Thanks
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   jodyinwoods 0 Votes
I have been having the same problems please contact me, i am interested in a class action law suit. jodyinwoods@yahoo.com
 8th of Apr, 2014 by   Azent Renewal 0 Votes
After they put the smart meter on my home my electric bill is extremely high. I am interested in a lawsuit.
azentrenewal@yahoo.com