logo

Chevrolet Online Lottery
Winning notification
3. (33 mins ago)
Matrix Cellular
A variety of plans to cater to all your needs
4. (33 mins ago)
Gphelp247.com
$34.95 showed up on my credit card. I do not know this site.
5. (41 mins ago)
MisterBigMale
Non Delivery of Product

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CashOldPhone.com Complaints & Reviews - Scam and cheating!

CashOldPhone.com Contacts & Informations

CashOldPhone.com

Posted:    thomas wright

Scam and cheating!

On vbullein there are several complaints that phones were sent in, it took several weeks for the company to acknowledge receiving the phones and none of the consumers have yet to receive any money for their phones. I found CashOldPhones on this (ComplaintsBoard.com) website, fortunately i only sent 1 phone and will not send anymore.

Beware of the scam advertising!
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2007 by   Erica Calix 0 Votes
I sent in 3 phones. My account shows that they have received the phones and they are being checked. It has been over 1 month that they received the phones and I still haven't heard from them. I sent them an e-mail to try to find out at least how long it would take for them to check the phones, but I have yet to receive a response. I am starting to get concerned. The longer they take the more my phones depreciate. I don't know what to do. I'm still hoping that they will respond or send me some money soon.
 7th of Sep, 2007 by   Cheryl Cohen 0 Votes
I haven't received my payment yet either! I was told "my check is in the mail" but WHERE IS IT! I wish I spoke Chinese so I could talk to the webmaster/business owner, a "Mr. Dennis Lee". I don't have his phone number now, but I found it on another website. His wife answered the phone and didn't seem to like the idea of another woman calling her husband! I would not need to talk to him if he would keep his word and send checks for all the phones he gets!
 14th of Feb, 2008 by   gat 0 Votes
I sent in my phone several weeks ago, and just received an email saying that they are not going to send me a check because my phone was water damaged. My phone was perfectly functioning when I sent it to casholdphone. I have used Simply Sellular in the past with no problems. I do believe this company is engaged in deceptive practices because they know the customers have little to no recourse once the phones are out of their hands.
 6th of May, 2008 by   k branham 0 Votes
I sent in 3 phone approx. 3 weeks ago and when i looked it up on my acct. it just keeps saying that the phones have arrived and that they are being checked out. I emailed them and asked them why it takes so long to check out a phone and they told me that they recieve thousands of phones a day and that they cannot get to all of them at the same time. I know my phones were in excellent cond, since they werent even 6 months old so hopefully they wont send me an email that they are not good cond. because I know better.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   Melissa 0 Votes
I sent in my phone the middle of April, it is now June. I received an email stating that they received it 4-28. Today, 6-04 I get an email stating they are not sending me anything because my LCD is broken. Funny, it was in perfect condition when I sent it to them. What a joke.
 13th of Aug, 2008 by   J Consumer 0 Votes
CASH OLD PHONES IS A SCAM AND RIP!!!

I came across this website when I was looking at cell phone recycling options and decided to give them a shot. After mailing them my one year old Motorola Razor V3i, I was expecting to see their published payout amount of $28.00. After a month of "assessment" time, they shot me an email on the 30th day and said there was a Broken Hinge and consequently they would pay $0.00 for this used phone. After a couple of emails and CashOldPhone.com generic replies about how it would cost me $7.00 to get it shipped back, the phone will be acquired by CashOldPhone.com for $0.00.

The worst part of the story is that they will put this $.50-1.50 part into it and sell it on aftermarket for $30-35.00.

My consumer transaction went from $28.00 to $0.00 based on a "slick" assessment and their ability to get the phone onsite and then require $$ to get it back (after it was determined it was broke but sent in perfectly good shape to them).

This company should be called KeepOldPhonesforFree.com. DO NOT SEND YOUR PHONES TO THIS COMPANY BECAUSE YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND THEY WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE $$$ ON THE CONSUMER WITHOUT LIVING UP TO THEIR END OF THE AGREEMENT!!!

Consumers beware,
J Consumer
 13th of Jul, 2009 by   Benard 0 Votes
You can reach Dennis at 646-509-0960. He was very helpful in locating my return-auth and expiditing my check. He told me that they we really backed up. I don't think I would have gotten my money unless I called.
 24th of Jan, 2010 by   William924 0 Votes
Never send these rip off artists more then one phone, they will always find fault with one or more of them and keep it, unless you want to pay to have it sent back. Notify the FTC & the BBB if you have any problems, seems they have quite a few complaints against them.
 23rd of Feb, 2011 by   Pissedoffinindiana 0 Votes
This company is a complete ripoff. I to sent in 3 phones-all in perfect working order-and was told I sent in only 2 and they were damaged. Someone should file a class-action lawsuit against them and shut them down. Someone should track this sob down who runs this scam and beat him with a cell phone. I could have donated the phones to a charity but instead got screwed over by these aholes.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   GOTRIPPEDOFFINCT 0 Votes
I sent in 3 phones in March and its now April and havent heard anything back accept that they are being reviewed they were in perfect condition and of course there is no number to contact them. WHAT A RIP OFF DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE!!!
 12th of Nov, 2011 by   Aliasllt 0 Votes
I also sent in a phone to this website. Had to go to the BBB to file a complaint and get my money back after 3-months.

Account Verification‏ Western Union Scam