logo

www.richgoptr.com
why hold my payment ?
3. (7 mins ago)
Ak Management
Money taken out of my account
4. (7 mins ago)
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM - SCAMMER

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Carrington Mortgage, California Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and lies to consumer!

Carrington Mortgage Contacts & Informations

Carrington Mortgage

Posted:    Russell Collins

Fraud and lies to consumer!

Carrington Mortgage
California
We were called on the phone and they offered us to make a payment over the phone with them waiving the $15.00 Fee. I then received a letter in the mail stating that they charged me $15.00 anyways. They then refused to refund our money to us and decided that they would remove $15.00 from our next payment After fighting for over 15 minutes on the phone! They like to steal money out of your checking account with out your permission and lie to you anytime they choose! We are only with them NOT BY CHOICE, only because New Century went Bankrupt...

Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2008 by   kim 0 Votes
You are RIGHT !!! I was late twice, and now they start calling me on the 4th of the month to ask where my payment is !! I don't even answer their calls anymore. I am in an ARm (my fault), and they go WAY UP EVERY 6 months, just because they can. I, too, am trying to refi to get out from under them. MY ADVICE TO ANYONE CONSIDERING MORTGAGE, CHECK OUT THE COMPANY...DO NOT BORROW FROM CARRINGTON. If New Century hadn't sold out, I would never have used them.
 19th of May, 2008 by   Robert 0 Votes
They purchased my loan from another lender and two months later started to tell me that my insurance was suspended and that they would add their own if I did not get insurance. i had insurance the whole time and my insurance agent sent a copy to them and month after month they continued to sned me the same letter, my agent and I sent them a copy every month for 4 months. Between the two of us we sent over 7 times and then they add the insurance that cost me only 900.00 a year and then tell me I now owe them 3812.00 for their insurance. I'm getting a lawyer tomorrow.
 27th of May, 2008 by   Marc 0 Votes
I am so upset with Carrington. I oringally had a 2yr Int Only with New Century. The loan was then transferred to CMS when Carrington went bankrupt. After, trying to keep up with the adjusting payments, we were unable to refinanance, so after 3 times of sending in our finanical information and Carrington loosing the information all 3 times and with a pregant fiance I decided to secure us a rental home and place the house up for a short sale in October. Around or before the beginning of the year we had 3 offers ( 2 all cash and 1 financed offer) $185K, $190K, and $200K. After months off getting no response they finally respond and want more money. One of the buyers increased their offer to $225K to satisfy the request made by Carrington. Because the buyer raised their offer to $225K they needed a little more time to do inspections and what not. Well them son of *itche* wanted to charge the buyer a per diam and now the buyers have decided to walk. First of all they requested an amount that was above the property value. We went from having 3 legitamate offers to now getting ready to expedite foreclosure. I did everything that could be done here. If you are going through a short sale you might as well have them expedite the foreclosure, because they make it impossible even when everything is laid out for them. There is a reason they call the department that handles short sales/foreclosure the lost mitigation department, because they are *ucking lost and clueless as to what to do.
 1st of Jul, 2008 by   Lisanne Jordan 0 Votes
Did they have a specific short sale package that needed to be submitted. I have a client who's loan is being serviced by Carrington and he needs to do a short sale. This is not good news, but we are going to try anyway. Any information would be appreciated.
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   Josh 0 Votes
Carrington is nothing but a deceitful company. For 3 months my buyer held out waiting for Carrington and its excuse that they were behind on processing their documents for closing. Two weeks to the end of the third month they suddenly asked for about $15K more, we came up with the amount now they are asking for almost $25k more and are saying that they cannot guarantee that this will go through. They are dishonest and do not waste your time with a short sale. Just walk out on them if you can.
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   lisa 0 Votes
Carrington Mortgage lost my hardship paperwork (34 pages) every time I successfully faxed them. THREE TIMES. So, I expressed mailed them with a signature. Still no one has them. It has been a month. Worse company. the government should be investigating them. I am calling the Attorney General's office today. To date: one month later. NO ONE CAN FIND MY 34 PAGES SENT TO THEM 4 TIMES.
 3rd of Feb, 2009 by   tkw 0 Votes
We were also with Carrington and an ARM (our fault), by August of 2008 we had three months left before foreclosure so we got a realtor and put the house up for short sale. First offer was for around 220, 000 and the bank said no so when we put in the second offer of 272, 500 with 45, 000 of that in cash we were sure that they would jump at it. Nope, they said they wanted at least 350, 000. Long story short, it went to foreclosure and was bid on and bought by Wells Fargo for guess how much? 272, 500! Exactly what our highest bid was for! Way to much of a coincedence for our taste. We think they were working with WF the whole time and told them how much the highest bid had been, WF bought it and now they are renting out the house for 1200.00 a month until the market goes up and they can sell for 400, 000. They are snakes.
 9th of Feb, 2009 by   charlie -1 Votes
Carrington mortgage has helped me and I have only good things to say about them.
I missed payments from Funeral Expenses of both my parents and kept making payments 60 days late, despite foreclosure notices.
They now modified my load which I couldnt afford and was going to go up in July.
I am on a lower fixed rate for 5 years
Mr Nash was very nice and pleasant on the phone and all the people I spoke with at Carrington were exceptionally nice, ...Hey we are all humans!! and they treated me like one and not a dead beat.
I would like to add that I have lived in my house since 1992 and had to refinance due to divorce, etc and was stuck with a bad mortgage. I do believe I was a victim of predatory lending with the bad loan terms but I never blamed others for my mess. Carrington Mortgage helped me and I feel obligated to publicy thank them after all the bashing
 30th of Apr, 2009 by   Craig L. 0 Votes
I had a New Century Loan that went from 71/2 to 9% after two years. I filled out hardship papers and received a fixed rate of 71/4% from Carrington in a process that only took a week. My experience with them was very positive all through the process.
Craig L. Reno, NV.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   phf 0 Votes
I had some late fees (for 3 months of late payments) but I made my payments online. The online site never showed the late fees and did not allow one to change the amount to a higher amount. Then almost a year later they tacked on all the late fees on the online site and wanted me to pay an additional $800 all at once. Now I have to pay by phone and make payments on the late fees and incur an additional $15 every month until the late fees are paid in total. What a scam.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   phf 0 Votes
Carrington did a loan modification and brought the interest back down to my fixed rate of 6% nearly 2 years ago but after I had already paid a year of higher payments due to New Century's foreclosure (total of $9, 000 extra). Didn't know I could get a lower interest rate and they certainly weren't going to tell me. Additionally, they told me not to make any payments while I was in the modification to the tune of 3 payments (at the higher rate which was $1000 more a month than at the 6% fixed rate) and added that to my loan amount = $12, 000. It took them 3 months to complete the process -- till my next increase!!! I really liked New Century. Carrington does many underhanded things. If you have not experienced this, don't worry, you will eventually.
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   DMErnst 0 Votes
Carrington purchased our loan from Flagstar Bank - we were in good standing at the time. In the two months - August and September 2009, we were called daily with different numbers every time. The July payment was an NSF (yes, bad but it happens) and we covered it soon after we realized. In four months, we have paid almost $2000 over what we owe. One of their reps called us and said that he would waive the accumulated fees if we got a cashier's check over-nighted the next day. We did it and - you guessed it - no waiver. I've been fighting ever since. They are obnoxious, disorganized, rude and thieves. Because they are not a bank, I'm looking for their oversight entity and will do my very best to bring them to their knees.
 19th of Oct, 2010 by   RebeccaPratt 0 Votes
My August payment to Carrington mortgage was mailed on the 9th through Chase- Chase sends the check and gave a estimated delivery time of 5 days. Carrington claims that they did not receive the payment until the 17th and are insisting on charging me a $52 late fee, even after I proved that my payment had been mailed in a timely manner. I, nor chase can control our mail system, the post master estimates 3 days, and who knows how long it takes their mail room to process, however what extremly poor business practices this company has, NEVER would I recommend this company to anyone.
 11th of Mar, 2011 by   cfish 0 Votes
We had an ARM mortgage with New Century (went to CMS) that kept skyrocketing (our fault to a point, but they lied). We have not paid in 1 year, had our mortgage investigated and it is fraudulent). We have a lawyer and if nothing else we are buying time. CMS supposedly refi'd to a fixed rate - we could NOT afford the huge mortgage, but they lowered it by 90 a month AND punished us by making us pay our taxes separately - which now they are stuck with cause I'm not paying taxes on a house I am most probably losing. I can't wait for our day in court, even if we lose at least we fought. We have 4 kids who will soon have no home because they are greedy and would not fix THEIR lies. We are missing 8 papers from our mortgage, requested by our lawyer. Hmmm, wonder what happened to those! It doesn't matter whose fault it is, it would be nice if they helped people b/c they lose more in foreclosure than they would if they truly made it affordable. I'm disgusted with them and will see them in court.
 18th of May, 2011 by   Dareb 0 Votes
I am a single Mom who has been trying to save my home for years. I have given 10's of thousands of dollars to these people and they have lied, cheated and intentionally put the house underwater. I was a 20% down buyer in 1996 who always made my mortgage payments. I refinanced with New Century Bank and lost everything. I was a 50% equity homeowner who did a lousy $25k refi after 12 years of ownership. New Century Bank intentionally made it hard for me to pay and I fell behind (of course because that is the scheme). I sent them back 30k to bring account up to date and get a modification. All they did was raise my payments. I am now in foreclosure and have not made mortgage payments in a very long time. I have been intimidated and manipulated for far too long. I am NOT PAYING ANYMORE...I DON'T HAVE ANY MORE MONEY, THEY HAVE IT ALL and I will still lose my home...I DO NOT WANT A LOAN EVER AGAIN. I HATE BANKS. What has this country come to when Women and Children are being put out into the street. THEY SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!
 18th of May, 2011 by   mike916 0 Votes
carrington mortgage... hmmmmm wat to say! THEY SUCK! I am currently going to them to purchase my first house and they are very unprofessional about everything. I call my loan agent and he doesnt answer my calls, so i would email him and he will answer right back. i hate checking my email so why cant he just answer my phone calls. now he just doesnt answer back on anything, so the only way i have been getting ahold of him is by calling his company and bitching @ them to get him 0n the phone, then all of the sudden he answers!? WTF! he doesnt keep me informed @ all, i will have to contact him to see whats going on about my loan. so i signed my loan docs a week ago, and still have not recieved my damn keys! this company is the most childish, unprofessional, rediculous F*^%kn company ever!
 31st of Dec, 2011 by   Kingcloser 0 Votes
Carrington Mortgage needs to be handled in a very aggressive fashion. They are nothing more than a giant collection agency. They purchase all of the old sub prime loans at 5 cents on the dollar or less...then they begin with the ruthless collection tactics. However, they can be challenged & pressured from numerous angles. Imminent BK threats, litigation threats or forced state mandatory mediation methods tend to work the best. We have been working cases v. Carrington Mortgage for about a year now. We have built inside connections with their loss mitigation and legal departments...great success in working cases v. Carrington Mortgage. Please call our office at 877.297.7011 for more info or visit www.FreshStart-MortgageSolutions.com. We contact all mortgage lenders free of charge.
 15th of Nov, 2012 by   jwl06sll06 0 Votes
Carrington Mortgage Services SUCK...they purchased our loan from First Franklin at first we thought they would be good they stated our interest rate was to high so they wanted to lower it so we thought was a great start until the day we closed that is when we found out that they took us from a 30 year loan to a 50 year loan..they added our insurance and taxes which made our payment 30.00 higher than our previous interest rate payment..then they didn't pay our insurance and we were almost canceled when I contacted the insurance department the man that was taking care of that was no longer there so they had to investigate it well it finally got paid in time but then our insurance rates went up and that caused our payment to go up because of the escrow we were not informed our payment was higher so we were paying our regular payment then we found out that we were behind because of the escrow payments we were told to contact the escrow department and see if we could extend it out to catch up well they never returned our calls so when I asked why we were not informed of the payment increase they said it was just a miscommunication but when we asked to modify our loan they stated they only give one modification and we got it when they lowered our interest rate and they were not part of the OBAMA housing program so they did not have to offer modifications we tried to find a company outside our loan company and we did not qualify because we make to much money so needless to say CARRINGTON stole our home from us they foreclosed on our homein December 2010 for less than $2000.00 in escrow payments.
 19th of Jun, 2013 by   samarieharris 0 Votes
Carrington Mortgage took our house Nov. 26, 2008, the day after Thanksgiving. When we asked about a loan modification; we owed $359, 000 but our house was valued at $150, 000 they said, " No, although some banks are doing loan modifications, we are not ! "
That was that. We would have gladly gone for a 50 year loan. I believe the insurance probably covered all their loses, so the bank had no incentives to help the homeowners. They even charged us $7, 000 in rent because we took a couple months to find another house.
It made me sick to see all the foreclosures in the 2 towns we live near, there would be 15 to 20 in the daily newspaper everyday. I wish our government would have stood by us like they did the Big Banks.
 17th of Apr, 2014 by   Muffy McGee 0 Votes
I am a real estate agent dealing with Carrington Mortgage for a client. They "say" approved. Then spend 2 weeks and over 200 more emails asking for more pieces of paperwork one by one. Prove you are going to live alone? Prove why a year ago that you got this kind of pay and now you are paid in a different fashion... show us 12 months of previous rent checks -- front and back... ( what if he lived at home with parents and paid no rent)... paid off a student loan? prove how much it was ( it is ON THE CREDIT REPORT as ZERO$ owed) Sign a paper that states you will pressure wash the driveway within a month and weed the yard ( foreclosed unoccupied property 6 yrs old). Send us signatures of the buyer/seller/ buyer and seller agent stating it is ok for you to get a USDA loan--- well that was ALREADY on the contract DAY ONE. No lock in fee...oh wait there IS a lock in fee. Then there is a point -- funding fee--- ( all NOT on the original application) BTW they are also misinformed about USDA loans and duplexes or homes with in-law suites...NONE will be approved for an applicant. NO multiple living situations any way at all-- owner occupied doesn't count...over 200 emails and hundreds of texts...oh... and did I say my poor client is DEAF?

Health Care Admonished by Tom Price!

Latest Groups