logo

Carhop

Posted: 2011-10-27 by    KellR

Don't buy car from them

Carhop
Long story short, here is how car hop operates. First like the lady says above. you go in first thing they want to do is get you approved. You don't look at cars or anything they get your credit done. Then with no real explanation they tell you what cars you can choose from. All of these cars will cost you exactly the same. (around 2x blue book value) You can not choose a cheaper car or even a more expensive one and pay the difference, we had about 5 choices.

So we pick one of our 5 choices, looks nice, is clean. I ask about the AC and they tell me it works. I ask if there's any known problems, they assure me its been to the reconditioning center and there are no issues with the vehicle. Well the next day the brakes make a horrible noise in the back, sounds like a dying duck. Car Hop says its not their problem we bought the car. Then March comes it gets a little warm, and i am in the drive thru at a restaurant, its warm...AC only blows hot. Once again not their problem even though he lied to me and said it worked, 2 days later still not even licensed the car, it dies and has to be towed. Fuel pump is out. We have to pay for the tow but the fuel pump is covered. As stated above their policy is to replace your broken part with used parts. (not reconditioned.. USED) A used fuel pump usually doesn't work since used parts come from wrecks, and the fuel pump dies to avoid fires. it took 15 or so calls and over 3 weeks for them to finally decide they would allow the shop to put in a new fuel pump. The mechanic tells us about why used ones don't work and that he had tried 3 before we finally got the new one approved.

And that was the short version.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Shopping By Season