I saw that someone else had complained about Cages by Design located in Wisconsin and I would like to support the consumer. I, too, was a consumer of Cages by Design and bought a cage from them approximately 2 years ago for $2, 000. Here is the short version of what they did:
1. They lie about the quality of their cage. It's flimsy and the parts don't fit well together, including things like screws that just fall off randomly.
2. They are way overpriced for the crap they sell. I've bought $35.00 cages that weren't as big, but that held up better.
3. They lie about how easy it is to put together. It isn't and that's assuming they send you all the parts. Adam told me that a 90 year old woman put their cage together, the kind i bought. I'd love to meet the lady...she's my hero. I had 4 young, strong men and 2 days worth of work at 6-8 hours each day and they barely got it together. Two pieces cracked because they are so flimsy. Ultimately, we had to drill into the only steel part to try and secure the cage - this included using duck tape. All this yours for $2, 000.
4. The cage "instructions" are written by someone who has never put one of those overpriced cages together.
5. They don't send you all the parts and then claim they will give you a refund, which never comes.
6. They are plain and simple about scamming and any lies they have to tell, they wil do it for your cash.
7. The BBB of WI has several complaints on them, including mine, and I believe it is the consumer's responsibility to warn others from being suckered by this horrible company.
8. They don't return your calls and when they do, don't believe anything they say.
9. When the owner feels overwhelmed by complaints, he blames the customer - yeah, we deserve the blame because we freakin gave up our hard earned money for your scam
10. RUN, don't walk, from Cages By Design; they suck at customer service and more importantly, their products are horrible.
If anyone wants further details or verification, email me and I'll give you proof of their scamming. I was had and yes, I want to make sure they don't get others.