CA EDD

NO PAYMENT/NO RESPONSE

Sacramento, United States
edd.ca.gov
To whom it may concern,

I have been collecting benefits from the EDD and was just recently given another extension in December 2012. I have complied with all rules and regulations asked by the EDD and have not had many problems thus far. I never received my last month’s payment for December in the amount of $450.00. I have also not received claim forms for January.

On January 8th 2013 I received a letter titled “Additional Instructions” asking for information of my last date of work and last employer information. I was given a telephone number and website. I have called the EDD over 3, 000 times over a period of one week. I have had no success contacting EDD. I have also written 12 emails with no response. I drove to a career center that the EDD instructed me go to for a past meeting and they too said that the EDD is not answering phone calls and the best thing I can do is to continue to email daily. Finally, I decided to reapply for benefits as a backup plan. No response.

On January 10th 2013 I received a letter titled “Notification of Unemployment Insurance Benefits Eligibility Interview.” The letter states that I would have a phone interview between 10am and 12pm, Pacific Standard Time on my cell phone (805) 402-9385, on January 17th 2013. I waited next to my cell phone all day from 7am to 5pm. I never received a phone call, missed call or voicemail. Again, I tried contacting the EDD via phone calls, emails, and career centers. I have had no responses.

I write this letter as a final plea for help. Like many other suffering Californians, I lost my job due to lack of work from the recession. I have paid into this program and have always been a strong believer in the EDD. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Film Production and further training in Clinical Psychology. I continually look for work everyday. I depend on these payments until I can get back on my feet again. With no payments in the last month and a half ($2, 700) I have failed to pay my rent and insurance. I currently am being evicted from my home, and have had phone calls that my car will soon be repossessed.

I have never in my life been late on a payment. I ask for help with this matter. I understand that there are many others in my situation asking for help. I understand that the EDD is understaffed for the amount of “clients” it currently has. All I ask for is past due payments and future claim forms and payments.

Respectfully,

Casey Simon
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

12th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
EDD is a fraud. You're lucky you received anything at all.
I noticed this post is from 2012. It is 2014 now. I have been trying to collect since march 2013 ( about a year ago). No mail response. Phone calls are never answered by anyone (they make you listen to 7 minutes of irrelevant messages and then tell you they are overloaded) and no response to web inquiries either.

Lost your job because of a recession? I lost my job because it was outsourced to people with "Pedigree". The US government said it wont do business with our company (Safran / Morpho / Morphotrak / Morphotrust) unless all the employees are white. (Carefully worded of course) but the word Pedigree was in there.
So naturally our jobs were taken from us and we had to train 2 groups of people out of state as well as out of the country to take over our work which we helped startup.

I thought "great well at least we have California's EDD to fall on". BZZZ! Wrong! EDD is a farse! IT does not exist!

Employment Development Department Logo Employment Development Department