logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Gigats.com
Hijacked during online job application
2. (15 mins ago)
CHANNEL 7
Bruce mcavaney needs to go
3. (21 mins ago)
Chennai Govt. MTC buses - (formerly PTC)
Crowded buses & worst roads
False reveiws

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

BookIt.com Complaints & Reviews - You get what you pay for!

BookIt.com Contacts & Informations

BookIt.com

Posted:    O. Hawthorne

You get what you pay for!

Much like the other complaint about not receiving a refund as promised, I too made a change to my trip within the guidelines of the travel agreement and was promised a refund (hotel change). As of today, July 3, 2007, it has been three weeks, twelve phone calls, two faxes, and one email with no refund as of yet. Their customer service line is EXTREMELY slow when you call and often times you are forced to deal with extremely rude agents who offer no follow up to your concern.

Feel free to contact me via email for more details. Sometimes deals are to good to be true. I guess you get what you pay for. I WILL NEVER USE BOOKIT.COM AGAIN!
Comments United States Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Aug, 2007 by   Larry Stover -1 Votes
Don't use book it.com there are to many complaints against this company to not listen!
 16th of Aug, 2007 by   dolores feinberg 0 Votes
I had to cancel my trip 2 months before the desires trip and had to pay$90.00 for the traveling back and forth to the hotel, not refundable , $100.00 for insurance I'll never use and $9.95 for canceling only 14 days instead of the 10 days they required. As you can imagine as a retired couple this is an abuse of the elderly. NEVER AGAIN.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by   KJ 0 Votes
Terrible company. I was supposed to get a rental car included in my package, but when I get to the rental car place they didn't book my car. I spent 3 hours in Hertz waiting for them to fix my problem. They never did by the way. I had to pay out of pocket for the car, now they are saying they will refund my credit card for 280 when the car cost 360. Never AGAIN stay away from this company. They like to take your money and not provide service.
 4th of Nov, 2007 by   STEVEN 0 Votes
THIS COMPANY SUCKS, THEY RUINED MY HONEYMOON AND I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS COMPANY GO BANKRUPT...

I SEE THAT EXPEDIA IS SUING THEM, I HOPE THEY PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS. I GAVE BOOKIT.COM MORE THEN ENOUGH TIME TO FIX THE SITUATION AND THEY JUST TREATED ME LIKE I WAS IN THE WRONG. WELL MR. ARTHUR FINLAW KARMA WILL CATCH-UP WITH YOU!
 18th of Mar, 2008 by   Antonia Hall +1 Votes
I just want to say that I have used the company a couple of times and not had any problems and I would not hesitate to use them again. Sorry some of you had problems, just thought it fair to say that they have had some satisfied customers...
 8th of Sep, 2008 by   Jim Cook -1 Votes
Absolutely a terrible experience. I travel and experience problems. This company sets new heights for customer dissatisfaction. Due not believe what they say. When they overcharge you and then reply we will credit you, do not believe. THEY SUCK
 8th of Oct, 2008 by   Shirley 0 Votes
I did have problems with Book it when I arrived with my family in Cancun. I booked 2 rooms and ask to be adjoining with either room having 1 king size bed and 2 doubles and be able to see the ocean( I booked the rooms 6 to 7 months earlier) because I was arriving with my husband and 2 of my kids 1 being 18 and 1 24 and a boyfriend that I did not want sleeping in same bed I know to some this may sound crazy but ...so I explained to desk that this is the situation and they gave us 2 rooms at either end of hall with the side view of Cancun, with king size beds and said we could get a cot they actually thought it was funny that I would care about the sleeping arrangements. I went over and explained situation to a women named Cynthia and she took great care of us and got us 1 king and 2 double rooms ocean view so this company is not all bad.
Shirley
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   sarah 0 Votes
This company ruined our family vacation to Mexico...
we arrived at the airport and no tranfers, then we get to the reosrt and had no reservation. I WILL NEVER BOOK A VACATION THROUGH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. I currently fighting to get my money ack
 29th of Nov, 2008 by   PETER 0 Votes
Hello... My fiance and I just came back from a wonderful Thanksgiving Vacation by which the Hotel was booked through BOOKIT.COM. ( please make sure you get the round trip transportation when you book your hotel as well). I feel that EVERYTHING was clearly outlined from beginning to end. At the CANCUN Airport, BOOKIT notified me to walk past the VULTURES ( time share scammers ) that you will meet IMMEDIATELY walking out of the CUSTOMS room at the airport. I walked through the next set of doors and We immediately looked for the BEST DAY booth on the left as we were notified. There they were in PLAIN sight. This made this process ALL so very easy !!! The nice gentleman working the booth told us to walk outside and look for the #60 sign which were the BEST DAY representatives for our trip. Your booking may give you another REPRESENTATIVE. We were VERY happy dealing with BEST DAY. I recommend them as well !!! When we met the BEST DAY people down the sidewalk ( a LITTLE bit of a walk but well worth it ), they were all courteous to us as well. Within 10 minutes we were on a shuttle van on our way to our HOTEL : THE GRAN CARIBE REAL RESORT. ( Another excellent adventurous ALL INCLUSIVE stay ). Need I say more ? We were BOTH very content with our CANCUN vacation. thanks to: BOOKIT.COM, BEST DAY, GRAN CARIBE REAL. ... WE SHALL RETURN... and use these same services AGAIN !!!
 12th of Jan, 2009 by   boomboom 0 Votes
This company has to be the worst...they screwed up our family vacation to Cancun. We showed up to the resort over the Holiday seson in December and had no reservations. Although we paid for them way back in July 2008. Then they said that they would take care of it so we were stuck checking into a fleabag hotel until they found us a place. 3 days later they wanted us to pay $2000 more for a lower star resort. Anyway I will never trust this company with my family vacation again. They are horible, don't use them...The staff for Bookit.com is very irogant and unprofessional
 18th of Jan, 2009 by   dtgirl 0 Votes
I hope bookit.com goes bankrupt and their arrogant and rude customer service representatives are left to take their rude arrogant butts to the unemployment line to look for jobs. I made the unfortunate mistake of booking a vacation with this horrible company and I regretted it. The amount of stress I incurred after my vacation trying to get them to fix a billing error erased any relaxing effect of my vacation. I sent an email complaining about it and received no reply let alone an apology.
I believe travelzoo.com- the website from which I found out about bookit.com - should desist from tanishing it's reputation by no longer associating itself with this sorry excuse for a travel agency.
I suggest people who want to go on vacation to go through travelocity.com or orbitz.com. The extra $10 you pay is worth returning from your vacation without any after stress of chasing useless companies like bookit.com around as a result of problems with your vacation. Besides travelocity.com and orbitz.com do not have cancellation fees while bookit.com has a cancellation fee of over $20 per booking (which they conveniently do not place in an area where you can read and find out about the fee until you call to cancel).
Bookit.com is thoroughly disgusting. I do hope they go out of business and leave some space for more scrupulous travel agents.
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   Patrick Cain 0 Votes
2/19/09 just returned from 10 days in cancun at riveria resort booked through Bookit. We will never use this company again! They are deceitful and clever. We negotiated $240 a night in a king suite with ocean view anniversity package with $150 per person spa credit for our wedding anniversary. We used air miles for our transportation. When we arrived they had no king suite available only a room with two double beds, no ocean view and the $150 spa credit was $15 out of a $150 credit for other little crap. like 50% at the resort jewerly store etc. The resort said bookit did not book a king suite. They said If we would read the fine print from bookit it says if availble.So we pay bookit for a king suite and they include fine print after taking your money "if available".In our discussions with others there they Got $99.00 a night including air. When we returned home yesterday Bookit had the exact same resort for $239 a night including air. Wanna know if they are giving us a refund? Do not use this company!!!
 12th of Mar, 2009 by   WendyD 0 Votes
I would also like to comment on Bookit.com. Don't do it. Do it yourself separately for the hotel, airfare and rental so that you are talking to an actual person or go through a travel agent. Everyone knows the old adage that nothing is for free. There are so many hidden fees and lies involved with Bookit that it could have made a very disappointing vacation for us. We didn't let it get us too down though and made the best of it. We just came back from Orlando and got screwed on the price of airline tickets, type of hotel room and the rental car. I paid over $200 more than I should have for the airfare and I paid over $400 more for the rental vehicle for a slight upgrade from the crappy alleged "SUV" that I had paid for.
I would be more than happy to elaborate to anyone who is interested about finding out how BookIt screwed me with my vacation budget.
 27th of Mar, 2009 by   johnnyb +1 Votes
This company ruined our family vacation to Mexico. We had two rooms booked at the Moon Palace and when we arrived at the airport, our transfers were not paid for, so we paid for that. Then once we get to the resort, they say that they have no reservation for us. So I call Bookit and they say that it must be a mistake, but still the resort refuses to give us our two rooms. So we had to pay for our rooms there, which was very expensive. Now I am fighting with Bookit to get my money back. This company is so unprofessional and has basically taken no responsibility for this mistake. I see that a lot of other people are complaining about this company. Take my advice, book with someone else, it's not worth taking the chance with this company. STAY AWAY FROM BOOK IT
BOOKIT.COM took our money and now we are fighting to get it back
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   Daniel G. Reynolds +1 Votes
With this problem I have I am hoping that it will be taken very care of expeditisously
Neutral
Ah
 15th of Apr, 2009 by   Daniel G. Reynolds 0 Votes
When is this going to stop!
?9
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   maureenz 0 Votes
I booked with Bookit.com three weeks ago using a flight credit from Alaska Airlines. The customer service agent told me that I would have to pay an additional charge to rebook my flight (travelling at a later date). I agreed and my ticket was processed. When I checked my online banking statement, I saw that Alaska Airlines had debited my visa for an extra $200.00 plus and I have been writing, calling non stop for the past three weeks to the service agents at Bookitlcom and NO one has bothered to reply one way or another. I am very upset and disappointed with this service and will NEVER use Bookit.com ever again.

Credit Report Ripoff?