logo

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and scam

Bluegreen Vacation Club
bluegreenonline.com
My wife and I went to a owners update in Dec. 2005 and were persuaded to buy another ownership to increase our points. We were reluctant to buy the second ownership but were told by our salesman that bluegreen would help us sell it if we didn't need it.

I called Bluegreen a few minutes ago to sell and was told that they don't do that. Public BEWARE.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of May, 2009 by   SHERRYLL ROBERTS 0 Votes
WE WERE TOLD THE SAME THING IN 2005 AND NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH THIS TIMESHARE. WE HAVE TRIED TO SELL IT THROUGHT TIMESHARES ONLY (BEWARE OF THAT SITE ALSO) THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND NOTHING ELSE IS DONE. :(
 9th of Feb, 2011 by   carol100 0 Votes
bluegreen is a huge scam-can't get a vacation, fees increasing yearly and our local shenandoah crossing just added yurts.a new pool, more campsites and redid the cabins yet we can't rent our time, reserve any time and i guess pay for all the new items even tho' there are many new owners now. has anyone called their attorney generals office ? only if we all complain will something get done..
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   kimberlywilliams1570 0 Votes
In June 2009 I was in a Bass Pro Shop in Westminster Colorado, and found the sales agents selling a $99 weekend vacation in Vegas and other locations. July 26, 2009 was our tour date, and we were to spend 1.5 hours at the tour – however this lasted for 5 hours! In the end we decided to purchase a Bluegreen ownership because we have been planning on traveling to Italy, Greece, Spain, and all around the world for the rest of our lives. They said we could go to all these places for $169 per week after the purchase our lifetime 1-time membership of $26.000. They said we would spend at least $7, 000 on each vacation we talked about without a Bluegreen membership, so owning a Bluegreen membership would purportedly save us a lot of money.

During the presentation, we fell victim to a variety of material misrepresentations, which we only later found to be false. We were told that we would receive 20, 000 points a year that could be used at RCI as well, and that our timeshare was a real estate investment, which would appreciate in value over time. We were also told that new nearby developments would drive up the price of our timeshare in the near future, and that we could easily sell (or rent) our timeshare for a profit. We were also told that we would be able to exchange our property location and go anywhere without paying any fee other than the $169 booking fee. The sales representatives told us that Bluegreen representatives would act as our travel agents, and that they had monitors which displayed specific client travel times and potential airline accommodations as well as car rentals. We were told that Bluegreen agents would also have all of our offers loaded into a database profile, which would allow them to choose the best offer for us to use for a specific trip.

We were also told that we would be able to refinance our timeshare at a local bank, but later discovered that banks don’t refinance timeshare loans. We were also told that we would be able to write off timeshare interest or the timeshare itself on our taxes, but later discovered that this is an exception only made for vacation homes, and that timeshares don’t belong to this classification. We were told that our 20, 000 point plan would grant us far more amenities than it actually did. The sales representatives claimed that resorts were available al the time, and that we didn’t need to plan our vacations more than two-three months in advance for any resort. The representatives also claimed that we would be granted three extra two-week vacations for free, one of which was a yacht vacation. These vacations never materialized.

We told the representatives that we wanted to take a group with us in 2010 to Mexico or Hawaii for Scott’s 40th birthday. They assured us this was definitely going to happen; that we would have no waiting period and the timeframe was long enough. So I called after I got my ID number to book this trip and the representatives I talked to at Bluegreen laughed when I repeated what I was told at the presentation would happen: that they had my profile and could tell me what was the best to use, and that there were big screens in the office showing all of the various flights and vacation areas available to me. There was no availability at any Hawaii resort for 1.5 years; and if I booked it I had to use it or lose the points. This was in stark contrast to the specific promise made by the sales representatives at the time of sale. We were told that Bluegreen representatives would aid us in booking a vacation that was guaranteed to be available, yet there was no availability and we were laughed at by representatives over the phone.

I decided to transfer 8, 000 points to RCI so we could go to Mexico with our friends as planned. When I tried to book this trip, I was told that the all inclusive resort would cost $1500-$3500 per person per week! The cost to book the trip was $169. After three days, if we decided we couldn’t go, we would lose the $169! None of the resorts that were affordable were even available for a year. We had been told at the presentation that the only cost for a week at any resort would be the $169 booking fee. We had been told that there would be no other fees. We would never have purchased this timeshare if we had known that we would not be able to book reservations at any time we wanted, and that we would be subject to fees far beyond what we were told we would be responsible for paying per vacation.

no attorney generals office wants to accept responcibility. they point the finger to the next office! I want to be part of a class action law suit.

Scam Artists Preying On Trusting Elderly