logo

Opusys technologies g INOL
Fraud Company
2. (0 mins ago)
carcamwarehouse.com
I returned broken camera and never heard from them again
3. (1 mins ago)
Poor Service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bluegreen Timeshares, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Suing Bluegreen!

Bluegreen Timeshares Contacts & Informations

Bluegreen Timeshares

Posted:    Ron Walker

Suing Bluegreen!

Bluegreen Timeshares
North Carolina
Hey everyone out there who has been had and who has had enough of Bluegreee, I have a lawyer in Charlotte, NC willing to file a Class Action suite. We will need as many people as possible to join our cause. I was lied to as everyone else was about Bluegreen buying back the timeshare if I was unhappy or couldn't afford it. As all of you know, that is a big fat lie. I went to an owners convention in Winston -Salem, NC a few years back and at least half of the people there had complaints but just like every other time I have tried to get things resolved, there was no won there with any authority to do anything and of course they had never heard of buying back the timeshare.

Well it is our turn!!! The lawyer I am using said he would require some money up front to get started but not much. The exact amount I don't have yet but if you read my earlier message, the more we have involved the less we will have to put up. I don't know about you but all I want is out of the contract. No refund, that money is just gone. Chalk it up as a lesson learned in life but I can no longer afford this thing because I am on disability retirement. They don't care so that is the reason for the Class Action.

Please contact me a flatpicker133@hotmail.com with your contact information and I will forward it to the lawyer. He can then get an information form sent out to everyone as soon as he can get the addresses set up.

I hope to hear from many of you.
Comments United States Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Apr, 2008 by   Lord Mankinholes 0 Votes
Sucker.

Money upfront?

Now thats a scam if ever I saw one
 24th of Apr, 2008 by   Shelly 0 Votes
My husband and I have been trying for two years to sell our Bluegreen Timeshare thru an additional timeshare buyer company.
We have only used our timeshare twice it is a huge joke!! We are so over their increases in the maintenance fees and their excuses with the rental arrangements each time you try to book a room.
We never were able to use the cruise or gas vouchers that were part of the scandal in the beginning due to all the red tape and hidden expenses.
We would love to take part in a class action suite because we are tired of paying for something that we can never use.

Lonnie and Shelly
 3rd of Jun, 2008 by   Ann Marie 0 Votes
Bluegreen just kept promising more and more stuff...a "free" cruise, tickets to Disney, free food at all the resorts, etc...

any other business would also check your credit history--- NO other person on the planet would give me a loan but Bluegreen will... every year I get locked out due to the ever rising maintenance fees... I want out...
 24th of Jun, 2008 by   John Bond 0 Votes
Our maintence fees have been the same for three years, we have points every other year, but maintence fees are due every year even if you don't use them.

This was not explain to us in our meeting that was supposed to have last for 1 hour, which last for 4 hours.

We attend another timeshare meeting saying Bluegreen was a rip off. What I would like to know will I every have 1 week deeded to me when I pay my points off.

The other company Summer Winds
tried to buy me out from Bluegreen & even went so far to put a broker on the line to ask me what I needed to get out .

This was really confusing, all me & my husband wanted was a nice place to take our grandchildren to every other year.

Do you sell, what do you do? Will the points ever go up to where you would have to buy extra?

How do you get out of something like these?

Need some feedback
 14th of Oct, 2008 by   cheryl 0 Votes
My husband and I also have a timeshare and we would love to sell or just stop paying for it but cant, can anyone give us some advice?
They are taking the money right out of our account and we dont know how to stop this
Please we need help.
cheryl
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   RobinAnn Collins 0 Votes
Get in touch with your local Attorney General in your home state. Tom Corbett (The AG in my state) has just as of Oct.14, 2008, filed a major lawsuit against Bluegreen and it's four parent companies. They state in the suit that they have "scammed" more than 5, 600 Pennsylvanian's out of thousands of dollars. When enough people complain they are forced to investigate. And when they look into the business dealings of a company such as Blueshit (as I refer to them) then they will know that something has to be done to stop these thieves in their tracks.

They have had so many lawsuits filed on them or about to be filed that they will most probably go bankrupt within the next couple yrs.

Here is an abbreviated version of the suit but, beware- when you read it-it will force you to re-live the nightmare known as ... Bluegreen.
Here goes:

:HARRISBURG - Attorney General Tom Corbett today announced lawsuits today against four Florida-based companies accused of illegally marketing vacation packages, using "free" airline ticket offers and other worthless prizes to lure consumers into aggressive and deceptive timeshare presentations.

Corbett said consumer protection lawsuits were filed against Bluegreen Corporation, Bluegreen Resorts, Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc. and Great Vacations Destinations, Inc., all of Boca Raton, Florida. Bluegreen contacted consumers by phone and through kiosks at shopping malls, fairs, and festivals throughout Pennsylvania, and also operates full-time sales facilities in Hershey and King of Prussia.

"Virtually any consumer with a checkbook and a pulse allegedly qualified as a 'winner' in these promotions, " Corbett said. "Unsuspecting consumers who believed they were contest winners were actually drawn into a high pressure bait-and-switch campaign designed to push timeshare vacation packages costing thousands of dollars."

Corbett said more than 5, 700 Pennsylvania residents purchased Bluegreen timeshares, with many paying $20, 000 to $40, 000 or more for packages that violated Pennsylvania's Consumer Protection Law, the Real Estate Licensing and Registration Act, the Telemarketer Registration Act and other consumer regulations.

Phony Prizes
Corbett said that Bluegreen representatives allegedly called consumers who believed they were entering contests and other promotions promising cars, cash and vacations.

According to the lawsuit, consumers were told that they had not won the "grand prize, " but had been selected to receive other items, like free airline tickets. Consumers were also promised free gasoline and meals when they collected their prize, if they attended a 90 minute timeshare presentation.

Corbett said the lawsuit alleges that consumers who were contacted by Bluegreen were not actually randomly selected prize winners. Instead, virtually everyone who entered the contests was contacted and falsely told that they were a prize winner.

In one case, Corbett said a consumer informed a Bluegreen representative that the person they were trying to reach did not live at that address. The consumer was told that it wasn't a problem - they would give her a prize too.

High Pressure Sales and False Advertising
Corbett said that in order to collect their "prizes, " consumers were required to schedule an appointment with a Bluegreen sales representative. In some cases, consumers who believed they would be attending a 90 minute timeshare presentation were actually subjected to relentless marketing pitches that lasted five hours or more.

According to the lawsuit, numerous deceptive statements were made to consumers during these presentations in an effort to get them to sign contracts immediately, including phony claims that prices would increase the next day, misrepresentations about when and where consumers could travel if they made a purchase and false statements about certain fees being waived.

Corbett said that some consumers bought vacation programs because they were told they were entitled to a one-week stay in Hawaii, only to learn afterward that the program they purchased could not be used in Hawaii.

According to the lawsuit, consumers who sat through the timeshare presentations received "prizes" that were nothing like what they had been promised. The "four free airline tickets" were actually booklets that offered two airline tickets with each hotel room reserved, at high prices, in a limited number of cities. In some situations, consumers were required to commit to a 10 night stay at overpriced hotel rates before being able to select a local airport for their flight.

Corbett said "free" gasoline and meals that consumers were promised turned out to be coupons or certificates with lengthy terms and conditions. For instance, consumers who were promised $40 in free gas were required to submit written requests to obtain a series of gas coupons. The coupons required consumers to pay for their gas first and then mail a receipt for reimbursement, with each coupon limited to a $5 purchase, with no more than one purchase per month.

Illegal Contracts
Corbett's said contracts used by Bluegreen failed to properly inform consumers of their right to cancel their purchase. Pennsylvania law requires that consumers have five days to cancel any timeshare or campground purchase. Bluegreen is also accused of violating a state law that requires all consumer contracts to be written in easy-to-understand terms.

Do Not Call Violations
According to the lawsuit, Bluegreen made numerous calls to consumers who were on Pennsylvania's Do Not Call list, allegedly basing those calls on referrals from other customers. Additionally, the companies are accused of making repeated calls to consumers who clearly told them not to call again.

"Bluegreen took advantage of hardworking Pennsylvania residents eager to find an affordable getaway, " Corbett said. "Using deceptive contests, relentless sales presentations and misleading contracts, consumers were pressured into paying thousands of dollars for vacation packages that don't meet their needs or their budgets."

Corbett said the lawsuits seek restitution for consumers who suffered financial losses because of these deceptive or illegal practices.

Additionally, Corbett says the lawsuit asks the court to void all illegal consumer contracts and give consumers the right to cancel any agreement that did not include the state-required notice of cancellation.

The lawsuit also seeks up to $1, 000 in civil penalties for each violation of the Consumer Protection Law, or up to $3, 000 for each violation involving a senior citizen.

The lawsuits were filed in Commonwealth Court, in Harrisburg, by Senior Deputy Attorney General David Sumner of the Attorney General's Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Corbett says the investigation began after consumers contacted his office to report these practices. He encouraged other consumers who have problems with Bluegreen to file a complaint by calling the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotline at 1-800-441-2555 or submit an online consumer complaint.

www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=3999 LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD-NOW!!!

Stir up any horrible memories??

***AN ADDED NOTE:

Please remember that you can file a complaint with the BBB. However, you must keep in mind, when doing so that the BBB is a paid-for endorsement. Companies pay hefty fees to be included on their list of "ethical businesses". So, essentially an endorsement from the BBB means VERY LITTLE. But, then again, if enough people complain and actually follow-up with them (you have only so many days to do this and then they close the case) they will also be forced to give the co. in question an unfavorable report.

The bottom line- THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS PEOPLE!! Let your voice be heard.
File today without delay.
Best of luck to you and yours. hope this helps!
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   Mike 0 Votes
BlueGreen used decepetive practices to get us to buy. They offered us free cruise vouchers that we could easily use for a cruise thru Italy for our Honeymoon. Didn't happen. Plus they offered free airline vouchers that we tried numerous times to use but couldn't. They also had a bogus chart that listed them as the #23 company on the Fortune 500 companies. That was a complete lie. Lastly we agreed to buy at $22, 000 and then when we got in there the forms were written up for $23, 000. When I said we weren't buying ath that amount, they said that if we didn't buy now than they would take the offer off the table and we wouldn't be able to buy again for another year because of marketing practices. My wife was upset and said we had to do it because we were close to our wedding date.

We went thru the Bloomington, MN BG office. Some lady with Spiked hair helped us out. She Madoff with our money. How is this business still operating? Let me know where I can signup to get my money back.
 12th of Apr, 2009 by   Amy 0 Votes
Anyone from MI filed a complaint with the Attorney General or BBB? I need help to get out as I am drowning in a sea of bluegreen debt. email me at ameara1977@yahoo.com and lets start getting out of this together.
 24th of Jul, 2009 by   Michelle Carswell 0 Votes
My parents are having an awful time with this "Bluegreen" company. I wish there was something I could do to help them out. Thay want to get out of this horrible mess so badly. They've even tried selling it with another company but got scamed in that as well. "Century-21" promised to have it sold within the first year of advertisting it but it's now been 5 years and still nothing. They've complained to me before that they are never able to stay with them. Their maintance fees keep going up and I believe it's up to somewhere around $700 and with prices like this and the economy going down and gas prices going up who can afford to save up money to go on vacation. If there really is a class action law suit or someting I can share with them please let me know. Contact me @ malibuchick89@yahoo.com with any information that will help. I hope this isn't a scam as well. Thanks...
 10th of Sep, 2009 by   Martha M. Weaver 0 Votes
I agreed to an upgrade and have been paying a monthly fee for that. I was told that I would be helped to rent the timeshare out. When I called the rep for help, I was blown off and told to contact Blue Green. I still didn't get any help. I am continuing to pay a maintence fee for something I have never used. I don't think I really need to help "maintain" something I haven't used. And, now I have had a phone conversation with their collection agency, Pinnacle, and that is even worse than dealing with Blue Green. The supervisor blew up at me for making a mistake and told me that they would access all the fees and interest they could for "my mistake" rather than trying to work the issue out with me. I just want out of something I don't plan on using.
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   NATTHULL 0 Votes
Please help us we are a military couple that have a deed to the Harbour Lights Vacation Community in Myrtle Beach, SC. WE HAVE NEVER been able to use our Bluegreen ever even on my husbands return from deployments - Bluegreen can NEVER offer us what we want...we are in financial hardship as we have a terminally ill mother who lives with us and is foriegn and has no insurance whatso ever and is unable to be claimed as a dependant thru the Military. Bluegreen do not care or have any compassion what so ever to help us, even when we were financially stable, we started to notice their ploys and schemes, i should say SCAMS and we WANTED OUT...but funny enough your stuck payment maintenance fees for a place you can NEVER get what you want - I WANT OUT PLEASE TELL ME IF ANYONE IS TRYING TO TAKE ACTION AGAINST BLUEGREEN IN MYRTLE BEACH SC...we need that extra $254 aND then we find out if you dont use your points after 2 years they are VOIDED...THAT IS SHAMEFUL AND A SCAM - I IWSH WE COULD GO TO THE MEDIA - SOMEWHERE PLEASE HELP US - we are a middle class one income family with a terminally ill mother and my husband has served 4 terms now overseas mostly the middle east and we are sinking slowly into hardship and WE TRIED OUR HARDEST YESTERDAY TO SEEIF BLUEGREEN WOULD HELP AND OF COURSE THEY DONT CARE AND DONT WANT TO KNOW AND STRAIGHT OUT SAID GO AHEAD TAKE LEGAL ACTIONS AGAINST US IT WONT GET YOU ANYWHERE we will just end up garnishing your wages (we are stationed in Florida now after he last one year term overseas) THEY JUST ARE PIGS AND I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW NOT TO USE BLUEGREEN
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   Michelle Carswell 0 Votes
I just want to know if anyone has been offered any help in this matter! I would really love to help my parents out in this issue which seems exact to everyone elses complaints. It's Malibuchick89 again, I'm here to find a way to and talk with someone that has already filed a class action suit against this awful company for there misleading information.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   dtwright 0 Votes
Bluegreen owners beware. I am attempting to sell my timeshare through the company THEY recommend. I learned today that I've lost my Charter program because I dropped my price below what Bluegreen wanted me to sell. They have informed the resale company that if we sell for less than $1.25 per point we lose our Charter membership. No nothing, not a letter or phone call nothing. I have attempted to contact the company headquarters... No such luck, no one has a contact number or person that you can call. I will not recommend Bluegreen to anyone.. indeed I want to join in the Class Action Lawsuit.. please sign me up.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   Guerry Phillips 0 Votes
I am with you all, we have been lied to. cheated on increasing maintenance fees and unable to use the units.
Sign me up
 28th of Apr, 2011 by   bluegreenscam 0 Votes
I've started a Facebook page in the hopes of starting a class action lawsuit like the one in Pennsylvania. Were you lied to at your sales pitch? Join the movement to get a class action lawsuit going. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_180578055325962
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   Ray and Mary Owen 0 Votes
I cant say anything that has not already been said. Please help. Mary Owen
 26th of Mar, 2012 by   mj1954 0 Votes
Anyone in Alabama in on this lawsuit? I want in on this one, Bluegreen sales people should go to jail.
 9th of May, 2012 by   bippy52 +1 Votes
My husband and I would like to joing this class action lawsuit. BlueGreen has lied to us so many times. Our maintenance fee increased over 4 times. They keep sending us bills for 3 different addresses. When we tried to sell it back via the company they work through, it sat on the market over 2 years and when I called to inquire about why we're paying all this money to have it sold, the woman was SO INCREDIBLY ignorant and rude. She stated, "I didn't tell you to sign the contract, that's your fault!" Then the other guy that called our home over 5 times EVERY SINGLE DAY AND NIGHT (including weekends) says to me, "Look, yaw' the ones with the problem, you owe us, I'm just trying help YOU so you need to help me by stop arguing and just pay me! Then he says, "you can avoid us all day, we "ain't" goin' away till you pay up. Then says, "that's whay you get for signing the contract"! These people are horrid and unprofessional. How can we join this class action lawsuit, please? bippy52@yahoo.com
 9th of May, 2012 by   bippy52 +1 Votes
BlueGreen told us we could sell the property through Pinnacle. That was a lie. BlueGreen told us the property was a tax write off-That was a lie also! They told us the maintenance $30, it went up to $900 after the first year!! We kept trying to use our points and they stated that we didn't have enough, (no matter where we wanted to go) and that we had to pay for more points. The representative gave us his "personal cell" number to call if we had any problems. We tried to call him 2 days later and the number was not in service.
They call our home every single day, called my husband place of employment, called my job, they call our home everyday all the way up until 11pm. I told a representative at BlueGreen via phone that we've been trying to sell this property for 2 years now and asked why we haven't has one single interest and she stated, " that's not my problem, I'm not a counselor". They debited our account so many times that we had to stop payment and shut the account down. They were charging all types of misc. fees on top of maintenance and the regular monthly fee for something we never got to use.
Please include us on this lawsuit!!! Thanks-
 9th of May, 2012 by   Ray and Mary Owen +2 Votes
How many people with bluegreen timeshare will it take to stand up to these people so we can GET OUT of this burden? Ray and Mary

Beware of the Information Your Smartphone Shares