logo

Choice Home Warranty
Non payment for repairs
2. (3 mins ago)
Choice Home Warranty
Fraud, failure to pay, lying
3. (10 mins ago)
Very poor Customer service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bluegreen Resorts Complaints & Reviews - They will not pay their employees on time

Bluegreen Resorts Contacts & Informations

Bluegreen Resorts

Posted:    Valerie

They will not pay their employees on time

Bluegreen Resorts
www.bluegreenonline.com
I was an opc for Bluegreen, had a family emergency and had to leave town but couldn't until I received my first pay check which I had to wait a month and half for. I have spoken to several other opcs who have had to wait just as long for their checks as well. Bluegreen is intentionally holding on to peoples check so that they can earn interest on them with no regard for their employees who have rent and bills to pay. I am pretty sure this is illegal and I plan on contacting the board of labour and wages.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Aug, 2008 by   joe 0 Votes
Sounds to me like your just broke and quit the company. Now your pissed at them???
 28th of Oct, 2008 by   Donna 0 Votes
I have to agree with everything that has been said about Bluegreen Resorts. I would also like to know how we can band together to file suit on this horrible company. Just recently I stayed at Christmas Mountain Village in Wisconsin. The bed linens were stained and torn. My sister-in-law had trouble with her sheet. It was smaller then her bed and kept coming off! I told the guy at the desk and he said, "Did you fill out the form we left in the room?" I said NO, BUT I AM NOW!! We, also, have had trouble getting reservations when we want, never have been able to rent our points out. We have had salespeople who made us feel that we would be treated as second class if we did not buy more points and had our matinance fees go up to $1300.oo this year! We can go on a nice vacation for that alone without the need of Bluegreen!
Just recently we were lied to about the yacht club. We were told our points would be worth more if we bought more points because of the Yacht Club. We bought in and our friends, who have half the points that we have were told that the points are worth the same no matter what. You can't believe one salesperson from the next. I am going to start bringing a recorder with me every time I have to talk to one of these liars!!
I can only hope these testimonies will help others who are looking into buying timeshares. DON"T DO IT!
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   Pearl 0 Votes
We stay at christmas Mountain at least 2 times a year and always have the same problem!! You would think with the maintaince fees we pay we should be sleeping on silk sheets and have gourme food supplied! I would love to get involved with a lawsuit to get my money back before my credit is destroyed because I can no longer afford it. (we go back to CM because it is the only one close to us)
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   jeffjohnson 0 Votes
It will happen, Bluegreen will be slapped with a lawsuit. My trouble started when I was about to make reservations and was told, I couldn't because there was a block. Maintenance fee had not been paid. I agree, Maintenance fee was not paid but it was not pass due until the end of the month according to someone in maintenance dept and the policy I had in front of me. Bluegreen totally denied the policy and told me if my maintenance fee wasn't paid on the due date, you could be blocked from making reservations. however, they fail to mention this in their policy they give you and they tried to change the wording around to mean something else. For example, the policy uses the term delinquent. They used the term "late" and they said told two words meant something different. Yeah, I like to see bluegreen with a lawsuit.
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   Lord Mankinholes 0 Votes
Jeffjohnson,
MF are due around 15th Nov each year if they are not paid then you cannot book a vacation.
This as always been the case it states several times on the BG online that everything depends on your account being in good standing

Maintenance Fees are billed in October and due in November, unless you are a new owner who purchased in August, September or October. If your purchase date was in August, September or October of the current year, your Maintenance Fees will be billed in January and due in February.

taken from Bluegreenonline.com

What if I owe Maintenance Fees or Club Dues?

Your Maintenance Fees and Club Dues must be current in order to make a reservation. You can check the status of your balances on the Payments page and conveniently make any outstanding payments to avoid delaying the reservation process. If you need to reach us by phone, call our Maintenance Fee* department at 800.456.CLUB (2582), option 2.

also taken from Bluegreenonline.com
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   John carls 0 Votes
BG is awsome. I have a platinum package and I love it. You people complaining are just stupid! Ofcourse you cannot reserve if your fees aren't current!! The sales people for the mist part are very honest. Consumers just choose to hear what they want to hear...
 19th of Mar, 2010 by   John carl 0 Votes
And the yacht club is unbelievably great. The staff is amazing! 2 complaints out of hundreds of thousands of owners. 2 morons ofcourse with nothing better to do. Looking to sue and get free money... So sad!
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   shu 0 Votes
John Carl is full of CRAP!
If you are retired, and have all the time in the world to go to a resort at a crappy time of the year, or at the last minute then yes, absolutly you'd be happy. These scum bags pray on hard working middle class WORKING!!! families by selling "FLEXIBILITY, AVAILABILTY, AFFORDABILITY". They know for a fact it doesn't work that way. YET, they lie their A$$es off just to get that commission check. These bastards are bottom feeding puss trolls.

Bluegreen will tell you anything to get you to sign that contract. Anyone who gets on here and cries about "Well you should have read your contract" is one of those parasites trying to distract anyone reading this thread from the truth. Bluegreen is nothing more than a nest of thieves and liars.

One last thing...John Carl, If you are so pleased with Bluegreen...why in the hell are you at http://www.complaintsboard.com posting???? Suspect John Carl...very suspect.

Top 4 Money Scams