logo

Unprofessional

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bill Me Later, Salt Lake City, Utah Complaints & Reviews - Overcharge!

Bill Me Later Contacts & Informations

Bill Me Later

Posted:    Mary Rose

Overcharge!

Bill Me Later
Salt Lake City, Utah
Phone: 866 528-3733
www.billmelater.com
I opened my Bill me Later account in Jan. 2007, paid for a vacation on the "no payments until 12/07" plan. I have paid steadily every month, and have used this option for online purchases. In December I received an email again hyping the "no shipping charges", through "Bill's Free Shipping". I went to the site, registered and linked to the participating merchants. One of which was Walmart. I placed my order for presents, clicked the Bill Me Later option to pay (as stated in the terms), and was charged $62.15 for shipping! I immediately emailed customer service at Walmart and filed a complaint, I also called Bill Me Later. Long story short. It is almost 2 months later, I have received 3 emails from Walmart Customer service outlining and showing the actual "Bill's Free Shipping" terms, and yes, indeed it is the responsibility of Bill Me Later to refund my shipping costs. I have spoken to date to 7 customer service reps. My claim for shipping was finally submitted last week. No word yet... almost 2 months to the day after the order was placed at Walmart. Then today, I received an undated letter from Bill Me Later, beginning with this month's billing cycle, my interest rate goes up 1.53% to 19.99%!!! This is outrageous interest. I spoke to another customer service rep. She looked into the shipping refund... still no outcome. But, more importantly, she told me that the INTEREST RATE IS NON NEGOTIABLE, THERE IS NO ONE TO SPEAK TO ABOUT THE INCREASE. In essence, tooo damn bad. This company sucks for customer service and for the rates charged. STAY AWAY!!! I have already sent letters to their customer service and I now have a customer service fax number:
(443) 921-1996... send supporting documentation...
Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Feb, 2008 by   Heather Fields 0 Votes
I work for Bill Me Later and would be happy to speak with you about your situation. Please feel free to contact me at heather.fields@billmelater.com

10 Products You Should Always Buy Generic