logo

bluefirepits.com
Animal cruelty/Puppy Mill
3. (16 mins ago)
WHITESCIENCE Teeth Whitening
Product does not work - Refund refused!!!
4. (20 mins ago)

Bigspot.com, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Have not made any money yet

Bigspot.com Contacts & Informations

Bigspot.com

Posted:    Bettys-Reviews

Have not made any money yet

BigSpot
Florida
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make some extra money and saw their commercial to do surveys at home. Well it’s been two months and I have more spam and less money! They take your information then keep trying to sell you something.

I thought they were legit like NewDataPublications.com which I have made a few dollars doing surveys.

I give them thumbs down!

Sincerely,
Betty
Bettys-Reviews.com
Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2009 by   inetman 0 Votes

Bigspot.com - False Advertizing
bigspot.com
bigspot.com

Their TV commercial states that you'll be paid to complete surveys and "never pay a fee". VERY misleading. For one, THEY don't charge a fee, but they also don't offer anything at all.

You fill out a form & "get instant access to our FREE database of online survey companies" This "database" is just links to other sites. I gave up on the few surveys I tried because of the catches, like minimums that are hard to reach before you can ever receive any money.

What looked interesting at first were the secret shoppers. The pay looked OK to visit stores and restaurants, but the catch is you only get a summary of the assignment for free. You DON'T get the addresses and CANNOT get the assignment unless you pay a MONTHLY FEE!
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   lala 0 Votes
Its tottally a scam it also mentions that its for all ages but then when it directs you to other online surveys you need to be over 18 years old...very misleading and false.Just because it came out on T.V does not mean it is legit!I just saw an ad come out on Nick for kids channel !Parents beware!!!
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   jimmieh 0 Votes
damn.well there goes that great idea.sure needed the extra...
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   ChristyP 0 Votes
Im a mother of a 19 month old and is 3 months along with my second.My husdand works and I wanted to try to find something to make a little extra cash for us.I saw the add it looked ok, I went on it singed up and everything 3 days later I had 3000 spam mail in my inbox.I was only looking to work from home becouse its hard to find work where I live and I wouldnt have a babysitter and daycares well I dont care for them, I had the kids I need to raise them myself.I wish there was a work from home out there that we could trust!
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   finesse898 0 Votes
I am SO grateful that you all took the time to write your reviews and comments! I am disabled and was considering Big Spot as an option to earn some much needed money. Fortunately, I decided to research the company's reviews first. Thank you for your info. I will NOT waste my time.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   jrg508 0 Votes
Im glad I read this.I had clicked on the url to find out..but then I saw this and read it first.Im so happy I did. Are there any real good work from jobs at home?
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   KryspyKlean 0 Votes
this is absolutely ridiculous. so far ive signed up on several freepaid surveys sites. some are pretty much legit except for the fact that whenever you get asked to take a survey half the time it says i dont qualify or they have enough people taking this survey. the the other times it just redirects you to another site which you have to put personal information in such as your email phone number etc. why would i wanna do that? i wouldnt be able to keep track of anything i sign up on? i write everything down for every site and im sick of having to do that and put in personal crap that internet sites shouldnt need. i will recommend a few sites that have a pretty good rep and ive tried out myself. the bad part is that no matter what site you go to you will rarely make much money. oh and p.s. anytime you sign up for anything for sites read the terms and conditions!! or else they charge you something you never agreed to. take a look at some of these:

surveyhead.com
americanconsumeropinion.com
focusline.com
greenfieldonline.com
epollsurveys.com
opinionoutpost.com
npdor.com (NPD OnlineResearch)
paidsurveysforyou.com

please if you find any decent free paid survey sites post the sites on here. thanks!
hope those help ^^
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   catcorisara 0 Votes
Try www.pineconeresearch.com They give you $3 for every survey you complete. It's legit and free, I use it. They don't require you to do a set number of surveys before you get any money either, you get a check, or PayPal deposit, every time. No spam.
 29th of Jun, 2009 by   marysailor 0 Votes
I was going to join, but after reading this, will not. I have tried various different survey sites & have only made money on one & that takes 1, 000 points for $10.00. That one is Paid Surveys, I think. I am going to try the survey site stated above. pineconeresearch.com as suggested by catcorisara.
 3rd of Jul, 2009 by   agiedoll72 0 Votes
I can recommend a survey site that I have been with for almost four years now: http://www.mysurvey.com it's free to join them. Most of their surveys start out at 10 points. But there are some that are higher. Once you reach 1000 points, you can request payment. It usually takes up to 3 weeks to get the check, but it does come and I haven't been disappointed with them yet.
 4th of Jul, 2009 by   foorever 0 Votes
Thanks to everyone who wrote their experience with Big spot.com.

My brother ask me to check this site out for him, so he could make him
alittle extra cash, since he is disable.

Do we have any honest companies left?
And thank you for the othe legit sites.

God Bless!!!
 8th of Jul, 2009 by   Ginger'smom 0 Votes
Seriously, thanks for the head's up. Please if anyone finds anything decent without all the b.s. please post it. The last thing we need is to be flooded with more spam than we already have. It sounds so simple- feel out their survey and get paid for it. Why all the tricky business attached?

Thanks again
 9th of Jul, 2009 by   heaven65078 0 Votes
I was going to sign up for this bigspot surveys. I am glad that I checked this first. I won't waste my time with them. I want to also point out one other site to watch out for but it is not a survey. It is a game site and it is called iWin.com. My computer has crashed twice because of their site. I have had to put out over 400 dollars because the hard drive was gone. I will not ever use them again. Please save yourself the problems that I had to endure because of this site.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   Catgirl6 0 Votes
Thanks most sincerely to inetman and also to all of you who responded to his complaint. Like many of you I too am looking for ways to earn extra $$, preferably from home, saw the bigspot tv commercial, and was thisclose to signing up. I'm glad I decided to check out this post first! So many scams out there... sigh...
 18th of Jul, 2009 by   Dianna49 0 Votes
Just wanted to say thanks for all the post regarding BigSpot.com. I was about to go there and I saw this and I am so thankful I did. There are so many scams. I am arguing all the time with my husband because I keep trying these things for a few dollars and then they charge you a regular monthly fee. If anyone knows of a legit thing to make money online please let me know. Again thanks for all the info.

Thanks Dianna
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   BigSpot Support -1 Votes
I represent bigspot.com and would like to provide some clarification around some of the complaints here. Our TV commercial provides a fact that market research companies do invest millions of dollars a year to offer cash and rewards to survey participants. This does not in anyway claim that you will become rich or be able to replace a source of income, it is merely a way to earn extra cash and/or have the opportunity to win prizes in the process. Furthermore, our website makes it completely clear what our service provides on the registration form, therefore, users have all the information about us directly in front of them prior to registering with us. To be clear, our service provides a free listing of online survey panels owned and operated by legitimate market research companies. We nor our clients ever charge any fees or require any kind of payment ever.

Clearly, I do not expect anyone to sign up with bigspot.com as a result of this posting, but I certainly hope that it does remove some confusion around our service.
 23rd of Jul, 2009 by   BigSpot Support 0 Votes
I represent BigSpot.com and I am disturbed by your claim that you receive spam from our site. We do not sell your information to anyone and niether do the panel companies in our listing. All of the panels in our listing are owned and operated by legitimate market research companies. Also, neither us nor our panels ever attempt to sell anything to anyone. Please check your facts on this claim and substantiate your claim with evidence. A posting like this dafaces our company and our site and I request that you retract your comments.

What I find most disturbing is that you are leveraging an medium, such as http://www.complaintsboard.com, for consumers to share information about consumer experiences to promote your own website and marketing scheme which is centered on directing honest consumers to SCAM site which will force consumers to make a payment for false hopes of earning money from home. Please retract and request to remove this posting immediately to avoid legal action.
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   B31779 +1 Votes
I am not sure who to believe. There are way more fraudulant sites than there are legitimate ones. I have been looking into the money from home schemes and have yet to locate one that i feel comfortable with. I wish that everyone would say what they mean and mean what they say. Honesty is like pregnancy, either you are or you aren't. There is no straddling the fence.
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   Mireliongrey +1 Votes
In answer to the comment that BigSpot gave to the report of their practices. I believe its the freedom of speech thing and I want to hear both sides before I make up my mind who is right or wrong. You really must fear Betty and her comments if you are threatening her with legal action. That right there to me proves she has a real complaint against you or you would have just dismissed her as just someone with a pet peeve and it would have been forgotten. But now I find myself more on her side because when a big company goes after a small person, they are weak on something and it means you have something you don't want the public to hear. You feel by threats you can drown out what people feel if they have been wronged. Also I did not hear anywhere in your statement that you paid Betty one single dollar for her work as promised so much in your TV adds. And as someone who was nearly about to sign up for your service, I will no longer consider it a fair place to work. Grow up BIG BUISNESS, and stop pushing little people around just for their opinion. And and isn't that what you asked for in the first place.

Just someone with my own opinion.
Loleta
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   jatrse +1 Votes
I also signed up for Bigspot.com and I was not pleased either. I signed up for many surveys completed surveys continued to do surveys upon surveys and only received more surveys. I don't recall too much spam I did receive offers and more surveys from different companies but I can't honestly say it was all because of BigSpot.( I did begin to receive it around the same time though.) And in my opinion, I was really disappointed as i looked foward to the opportunity to work @ home because I have an infant. And lets face it who doesn't need extra income. Getting a legitimate job would mean more expenses like daycare. I guess it was too good to be true.

Mass Joinder Lawsuit Hustlers Exposed