logo

Test Prep Services
Possibly Fradulent
2. (17 mins ago)
DVDpearl
They tell fake promises and excuses
3. (17 mins ago)
Refund issues!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper, Spotsylvania, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - Plastic Piece in Food

Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper Contacts & Informations

Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper

Posted: 2011-04-08 by    MrsMegsS

Plastic Piece in Food

Spotsylvania, Virginia
Tonight I cooked Hamburger Helper for my family, like I have done many times. However, an additional ingredient I was not looking for were plastic pieces mixed in the food. After cooking the hamburger I then poured the pasta and sauce mix into the hamburger as the direction say to do so. After mixing it all together that is when I noticed the plastic pieces that had not been there before I poured the Hamburger Helper mix. I ended up having to dump the whole thing and make frozen pizza because I didn't know how many pieces were in the mix and I was not feeding plastic to my family.
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Mar, 2012 by   amazingchanges 0 Votes
I had this same issue!!! Last night I cooked Hamburger Helper Cheddar Cheese Melt, after I was done and serving it I found plastic like pieces that looked like fishing line in the product. I picked the pieces out to examine them, it was plastic!!! I will never again purchase Hamburger Helper again!!!
 29th of Mar, 2012 by   You are NOT in fact a person known as V 0 Votes
Ugh. I always loved Betty Crocker dishes.
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   jeanne welter 0 Votes

I found what look like worms in the Mexican Double Cheesy Quesadilla (in the rice packet). - Betty Crocker

I found what looks like some kind of worms in the rice packet that came with the Hamburger Helper Mexican Cheesy Quesadilla. I squeezed one of the worms through the plastic to make sure it was not just a dark piece of rice but it exploded between my fingers in the plastic. I am sure this is some kind of worm. I can not find any holes in the plastic that may have let them in after packaging. I will attempt to attach a photo with this complaint. Thank you.
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   foxygrandma 0 Votes
Email them and more than likely they will call you for more information and in turn send you an envelope to mail a sample of what you found in the package.
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   PaulLewis 0 Votes
The newer Hamburger Helper recipes, like Cheesy Ranch Burger and any others created in the last year all turn out like soup. It's become so gross that my children won't even eat them. I still serve them Beef Pasta on occasion, and they like it, but like every other food company, they feel that watered down cheapened meals are acceptable for families now. They have gotten worse on their morals than our government. As for this household, we will find something else than Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper.
 18th of Sep, 2013 by   CMelissa 0 Votes
I recently bought a box of Hamburger Helper and it was missing a pack is sauce. Also the mash potatoes that came with it was absolutely awful.
 18th of Sep, 2013 by   sundaytimes10 0 Votes
If you had called the toll-free # on the box and given them a UPC # I think its called, they would have sent you coupons for a free product(s).
 27th of Nov, 2013 by   jackie lawrence 0 Votes
crunchy taco hamburger helper is inedible. the chili pepper is#11 ingredient but comes across as #1. Also cumoin is not listed as one of the spices and we are allergic to it!! Probably won't buy hamburger helper again
 27th of Nov, 2013 by   sundaytimes10 0 Votes
I think there are a bunch of incompetent cooks on this thread who might should try chef boy ardee instead
 17th of Aug, 2014 by   Sharon McNease 0 Votes
I cook a lot of muffins and the Chocolate Chip muffin mix had big lumps of large chocolate in it. I had to literally cut them with a knife in order to mix up to bake. I buy this plus the blueberry mix and have never had this happen before. Needless to say this was very time consuming because the chips would not even come apart when water and oil was put on them. The mix was not old because it had a 2015 date on it. I am very disgusted with this.

Stop Holding for Customer Service