logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
WES.ORG
Bad customer service & delay of evaluation
2. (7 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
award two million dollars
3. (18 mins ago)
Allegiant Air
flight attendants
4. (24 mins ago)
isharedmedia.com
I couldn’t browse my video and moderators ignored me
5. (26 mins ago)

BestBuy Eyeglasses

Posted:    Lyn

eyeglasses

BestBuy Eyeglasses
My glasses work. However, I chose this vendor because they promised them between October 16 and 20. About October 20 I got an e-mail saying they would arrive about October 27. They didn't arrive until November 1.
Comments United States Vision, Glasses, Lenses
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Jan, 2009 by   guest 0 Votes
Yes, There are hundreds of complaints online for this company, Best buy eyeglasses sells fake copies made in china not genuine sunglasses or glasses.
 7th of Jul, 2009 by   customer11 0 Votes
This is a completely fraudulent company, all fake glasses, even sells fake lenses as "Transitions lenses" no certificate of authenticity, incompetent customer service, verbal abuse. I am amazed there is not a class action lawsuit against them already. If you are looking for a good company try framesdirect they are excellent.
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   PopularGal -1 Votes
BestBuyEyeglasses, haha more like WorstBuyEyeglasses. They have no originality, they are fake and they lie about what they have in Stock.. They don't have anything in stock.
This company is a fluke. I would stay away. I just bought some glasses from Go-Optic.com, but they actually did not lie about availability, and I received them sooner than they advertised. Don't know too much about frames direct, but Go-Optic.com did a great job on filling my order. Once again, Stay Away from BestBuyEyeglasses.com, they even lie about there Verisign certificate. Hahah, what a joke.
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   Customer Service @ BestBuyEyeglasses.com 0 Votes
Dear PopularGal and Customer11,

BestBuyEyeglasses.com is the online leader for all sunglasses, eyeglasses, and optical products. We are authorized dealers for all the brands that we carry. All of our products are brand new and come directly from the manufacturer. We do not sell any used or second hand products. We inventory thousands of products and a large percentage of our orders ship same day. If for any reason you are unhappy with your product you may return it for a full refund.

BestBuyEyeglasse.com

Phone and Fax
Customer Service: 1-800-501-4002 (toll free)
Local: 561-997-7776
Fax: 561-910-6063

Mailing Addresses
Customer Service: Customer Service
BestBuyEyeglasses.com
2901 Clint Moore Rd #127
Boca Raton, Fl 33496
 21st of Jul, 2010 by   tommyboy805 -1 Votes
Bestbuyeyeglasses.com THEY SUCK ! Poor communication, lousy customer service and generally poor shipping times. going on a month now and a simple return is taking way too long
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   jollyolly94 -1 Votes
i deleted my receipt number and my glasses should be here today but they of course are not. i really really was so excited about these and am truly upset about them. my income is limited so this will not go to well with me at all. reight now i am just hoping they come in at all.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   gia6 -1 Votes
I bought Fendi 664 frames from bestbuyeyeglasses.com and they are fake. I looked at the authentic ones at a store before I purchased these. I will be returning them asap.
 29th of Nov, 2010 by   k061886p -1 Votes
Ordered in August 2010 and STILL have made no contact after numerous emails and phone calls. DO NOT BUY-I believe they are a fraud and am reporting them to the BBB.
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   Debra Hargraves 0 Votes
I am not surprised to read these negative reviews about bestbuyeyeglasses.com. I returned three pairs of eyeglass frames and was credited for only one minus the restocking fee. The company blamed UPS for the supposed loss of two frames even though the securely packed and insured parcel was received intact. Customer service reps were rude, used stalling techniques (eg. "A manager will call you back tomorrow, " "File a claim with UPS if you want to recoup your money, " "We will not take any action until your claim is investigated, " then "Too much time has elapsed to offer you store credit, " etc.). My credit card company told me to work something out with bestbuyeyeglasses.com, UPS would not honor my claim because the package was not packed by a UPS employee (yes, I've learned that UPS insurance is virtually worthless), and even my complaint to the BBB resulted in no action taken by bestbuyeyeglasses, which has given the company a "B" rating. I can only conclude that BBB grades are bogus. Don't buy from bestbuyeyeglasses.com!
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   Debra Hargraves 0 Votes
I am not surprised to read these negative reviews about bestbuyeyeglasses.com. I returned three pairs of eyeglass frames and was credited for only one minus the restocking fee. The company blamed UPS for the supposed loss of two frames even though the securely packed and insured parcel was undoubtedly received intact. Customer service reps were rude, used stalling techniques (telling me that I must talk to a manager, who will return my call "tomorrow, " insisting that I file a claim with UPS, which was a long, convoluted process that came to nothing because UPS apparently denies claims unless the parcel is packed by one of their employees, then finally denying store credit because too much time had elapsed since my order was placed). Even though I filed a complaint with the BBB in south Florida, the rating for bestbuyeyeglasses.com remains a "B." BBB ratings are bogus; UPS provides merely the illusion of insurance; bestbuyeyeglasses.com engages in fraud. Don't buy from bestbuyeyeglasses!
 25th of Feb, 2011 by   CTL 0 Votes
My frames seem authentic, however, this is the second replacement pair and I can comment on the lab work for lenses which I think is a real weakness for the company. The lab seems to be the bottle neck in the process as that takes an inordinate amount of time -- I presume they have difficulties in grinding lenses to fit, and the final products aren't nearly as finished/professional as other labs in my local area. Frames seem fine, though.
 25th of Mar, 2011 by   oscar8732 +1 Votes
I order on 3/13/11, a pair of carrera sunglasses and I paid 1 day shipping. I call today 3/24/11 to see the statues of my order and they told me that my billing address didnt match my credit card so I need it to fax or email MY BANK STATEMENT ALONG WITH A COPY OF MY DRIVER LINCENSE!! is this people nuts!! talk about IDENTITY THEFT!. Cancel my order right away, hopefully i wont have issues with my money! oh and fyi i had this card over 10 years with the same address and I buy at least once a month via internet and never had a single problem... People DONT buy anything from this company!
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   Anonymous651 0 Votes
I work for bestbuyeyeglasses so I have hand on experience with what goes on in the company. All of the frames we carry are authentic and come from a manufacturer. The call volume is usually high on Monday's and Tuesday's, however that is common with all business. We have been in business for over 10 years and we value ALL of our customers. Items that become discontinued or on backorder are in controlled by the manufacturer and not are company. We are authorized dealers for thousands of name brands so before you bad mouthed our company read our reviews on the Better Business Bureau.
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   Guest0 0 Votes
Anonymous651- You are an employee for the company and you can't even respond to the complaints with correct grammar or spellings??? That says enough.
 31st of Aug, 2011 by   Unhappy2013 0 Votes
Stay Away!!! This company is one of the worst for customer service and product. Purchased a pair of glasses last summer. Ordered Gunmetal and received Brown. Sent them back because prescription was wrong and told them about the color issue. They said it was Gunmetal... We needed the glasses and when they sent them back the prescription was correct. This all started in June and we finally received them in September. Wrong Color... The lenses became so scratched over the year and in June they broke in half... I contacted them and they said to mail them back to be inspected. I asked them to contact me when they received them... Nothing... 6 weeks after mailing they were sent back wrapped in a piece of paper with a rubber band... BUYER BEWARE!!!
 30th of Nov, 2011 by   ELav11 0 Votes
I had lost a pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses on a flight...they were prescription..and I really like the style but didn't want to shell put $400 to Lenscrafters. I ordered the same frame and prescription 3 days before Thanksgiving and they came on the following Monday. I am not sure where all of these people who are saying they are fake are coming from...I have taken them to a store and compared them...they are real as can be. I will buy sunglasses again if needed from bestbuyglasses.com
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   lztaylor 0 Votes
I'm glad I checked these reviews. I was about to order from them but thought I'd check out the comments. These comments probably saved me a bunch of money. Thanks.
 12th of Jan, 2012 by   NigelWhitney 0 Votes
I would NEVER recommend that anyone buy glasses from bestbuysunglasses.com. It has been 1 month and 2 days since I placed my order online and I have yet to receive my prescription glasses. On their website, it states that the shipping time is 12-17 days. At the time I placed my order online, the frames I purchased were listed as 'In Stock'. After a week passed I decided to call and check on the status of my order since on my online account, it was listed as 'processing'. I was told that the frames were not in stock but were expected to arrive that day so my glasses would be sent to the lab the following day. Another week passed and nothing. I sent a complaint via email. The only 'customer service' I was offered is that I can cancel my order at any time. To which my response is; Bestbuysunglasses, why don't you properly run your business and see that I get my glasses in a timely matter as advertised. Another telephone call and email later, I am told that they are still waiting for the frames to arrive from the manufacturer. All the while these frames are listed as 'IN STOCK'. This was not the end of the fiasco, I was told that my glasses were shipped and provided a tracking number, which I checked and was a tracking # from another customers order 2 years ago! That same day, I received a phone call from bestbuysunglasses saying that my credit card was declined. It turns out my credit card is fine, but the hold they put on your credit card at the time your order is placed automatically expires after a month... and since it wasn't until 1 MONTH after I placed my order that they tried to process the transaction, the hold was no longer valid. Why staff was not aware of this, I'm not sure.
Like I said, I would not waste my time buying from this site. I am certainly passing on my experience and will be reposting this complaint on other websites. I might have more to say after I actually receive my glasses. We will see.
 27th of Apr, 2012 by   KurtK1962 -1 Votes
This company SUCKS! I ordered sunglasses that said they were Rx available, followed the fours steps to enter my prescription, completed the order and paid via PayPal. I received an order confirmation via email and thought all was fine. A week later I inquired about the status of the order and the customer service rep. Heather, told me the frames I selected were NOT Rx compatible! She had no answer as to why the website would allow me to process my order, nor why they did not contact me to tell me this. They simply took my money and sat on it for a week. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!
KK
 12th of May, 2012 by   unhappy5 0 Votes
I'm sorry I didn't read these comments sooner. I ordered prescription lenses from Bestbuy in April 2012. They sent me glasses that I couldn't see through because they hadn't made the lenses properly for the progressive fit. The PDI was off and the vertical measurement was never asked for. When I looked through the lenses all I got was blur-- because I was looking right at the transition line. The said they would remake the lenses-- but were so incredibly rude and basically said it was my fault that the lenses were that way. They said they never refund prescription lenses and if I wanted to take my business elsewhere they would only refund me for the frames. They gave me a runaround about speaking to a manager. They said that if I wanted to submit a formal complaint-- I would need to send an email with my complaint in writing. I have done so-- and haven't received any reply whatsoever. I believe that if best buy was a legitimate company, that they would stand by their lenses and frames equally--- and fix, replace or refund when necessary. I will NOT be ordering from them again- their customer service is even worse than the quality of their lenses!

Last Minute School Shopping