logo

dresswe.com
No communication at all
3. (22 mins ago)
Etihad Airways
No food provided on board
4. (24 mins ago)

Posted:    Steven Dyszkewicz

Customer Service/billing

Best Western Airport Plaza-Reno
Reno, Nevada
We reserved a room at this hotel for Sept 26-28, 2008. Due to a family matter we could not keep the reservation and called to cancel on Sept. 22. We were told that there was a seven day policy for cancellations and that we were too late. We were not informed during the reservation process of this policy nor were we ever notified until we attempted to cancel. Best Western corporate refuses to get involved as the properties under their corporate umbrella are independantly owned and operated. They act only as an intermediary to attempt to resolve a complaint.

We are not questioning the seven day policy even though it really extreme. 48-72hrs. is what I have encountered at other properties. What we question is how can they enforce a policy that has not been disclosed.
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Jul, 2009 by   dalvik 0 Votes
It's hard to prove from a phone call if that information was disclosed. I would hope you don't raise issues like this over every business transaction, if so the amount of red tape all companies start to require before they can provide you a service will become overwhelming. If you requested an e-mail confirmation it states the cancellation policy on it. Or at least the last Best Western Reservation I made did reflect that policy on the confirmation e-mail.

Here is the cancellation policy section from my e-mail message from Best Western:
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you should need to change or cancel, please
do so by 4pm hotel time on 25 April 2009 or your
credit card will be charged.
 16th of Feb, 2012 by   BestWestern Sucks 0 Votes
The worst customer service!!!
It's been over 5 month since I ask for membership card and still I haven't got it.
I've asked to CS team many many times, and they never reply at all, completely ignoring me.

That's fine coz I can use membership number instead, but my rewards point!!!
I requested for retail card using my rewards point.
Guess what? They just took my points and did not send me the card.
Of course asked couple of times for the update, and no reply at all.

Several Tips How to Avoid Internet Scams