logo

Be2 dating agency Complaints & Reviews - charged me even though i cancelled

Be2 dating agency Contacts & Informations

Be2 dating agency

Posted:    sarah campbell

charged me even though i cancelled

be2 dating
Luxembourg
I had cancelled membership and registration with be2 and they charged me anyway. I demand to have my money back . They are a total scam
Comments Luxembourg Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Aug, 2009 by   Michaela be2 0 Votes
Dear Ms Campbell,

I´m Michaela from be2. I´m sorry to hear you had problems with the cancellation process. Such feedback is very important for us, as we are trying to make our customer service more responsive. You are welcome to explain the issues you mentioned in greater detail at opinion@be2.com. We will do our best to find out what happened and resolve the issue.

Best wishes,
Michaela
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   sergey_2110 0 Votes
Yes, BE2 is a scam.

They overcharge credit cards (look carefully how much you are charged and what the current price tag is! They hide current prices from you while you are subscribed, so you can miss this)

And yes, they actually do not stop billing after cancellation.

They will ignore any complaints, it's useless to write them on this subject. Because this is how they earn their $$$.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   misstiffy 0 Votes
yes i agree, i am having the same problem. They keep sending me reminder emails to pay, and they refuse to reply to any of my mails.
 4th of Oct, 2009 by   rowanpony 0 Votes
I am currently in the same situation. £119 was taken with no warning despite not being able to log onto their website for the month i was with them.

Has anyone actually got them to refund. The way i look at it, I have cancelled yet they wont refund the 6 months payment in advance. Isnt this illegal?
 1st of Nov, 2009 by   steve122 0 Votes
We are all saying the same thing. They took £119 from my account when i only signed for one month. I have emailed them and have so far been ignored. I am going to get intouch with TRADING STANDARDS and see what they can do. If everyone does the same perhaps we can try and get our money back and stop this happening to others. steve122
 18th of Dec, 2009 by   mbwsl 0 Votes
I'm in the same boat and haven't had a response from my emails of complaint to them. Has anyone had any luck with Trading Standards?
Next step - Watchdog!!! :-)
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   putsiemich 0 Votes
I have had exactly the same thing happen to me, i find now that the only way forward is to actually cancel my bank account and open another. They have ignored all of my e-mails, the cancelation process on the site does not work as they do not provide a cancellation code when you request it. Some people i have noticed on other forums are getting threating e-mails for failure to pay as they have cancelled cards etc.

I have now complained to Watchdog at the BBC, please could more of us to this if only to stop this company in its tracks, and to stop others being taken for this kind of money, i have currently lost £119.94 with another billin to come in six months!!
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   Delusu 0 Votes
I agree with the previous complaints. I had money taken out of my account and now they're trying to take out another 6 months payment and threatenting me with debt collection action if I don't supply them with the bank details I removed, to stop them removing more money. I have complained to them via emails pinting outing that they themselves have broken the agreement as they have not folowed their own terms and conditions. I was thinking of containg the Citizens Advice Bureau before I read the previous complaints. I am at a loss as to what to do next.
 15th of Feb, 2010 by   Jack71 0 Votes
yes be2 has a lot of scammers, many girls coming from Nigeria are trying to approach me while I have less market value in term of my appearance, they are no not good looking and also sexy. I'm wondering if they are real? they asked me to pay for ticket to visit my country in Holland. strange...
 6th of Mar, 2010 by   pink2k 0 Votes
i have had same problems, £119.94 was taken out of my account without any warning, i would never have signed up if i had know this, the website is quite poor and no way i would pay this sum for 6months... they are refusing to give me refund so i have took it upon myself to contact watchdog, i have read so many complaints dating back as early as 2005, they are making a fortune from people and far from make themselves clear upon signing up!!!

i have also had messages on there from people including email addresses and when i attempt to add the emails dont even exsist. it seems to be a huge scam... everyone should make formal complaints as i have to stop this from happening!!
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   mandula 0 Votes
hi everyone, the same happened with me, but the next day they took the money from my bank account i went to the bank... and i got the money back, changed the bank account

(sorry about my mistakes, i am not English)

i am pretty sure they have very good programmers what is more, hackers ... and they collect the bank details.

of course be2 went angry and since then they have threatened me with dept collectors would find me...

1. i wrote to Watchdog and went to C.A.B. too... and more people should do the same complaints.

2. the Nigerian woman / man are not real ... or they might be real but they know how to lie... i had 2 same stories with man
be careful and not to send money to anybody... i know friends who did.
better not to reply to these people.
What`s more better to find a partner in the real life.
mandula
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   misstiffy 0 Votes
I managed to get a lady from Be2 and she waived off the sub fee for me. It has been 6 months since, but I cannot help it but worry that someday they may just charge me out of the blue again.
 23rd of May, 2010 by   bollocks999 0 Votes
This is a total scam. Great for the ego.the messages pour in as soon as you join. Of course you cannot access anything until you sign up ...and that's where the problem is. You can delete your profile easy but they do tell you that this does not cancel your subscription. they give you another link for that...if you think you can follow that, try finding the Holy Grail first.

Total scam playing on people emotions. Most of these firms are funded by former drug barons who find this an easy and legal way to rob people.
Ignore them all and use the social networking sites for dating or put an advert inthe personal column of the newspaper (not the dating site adverts).

There are some real people on dating sites but most are morons who live there because no one esle will speak to them. Always check the formums and see what they are saying and you will find they are all focused on really weird depraved stuff. Sad bastards.

THE TRUTH IS YOU WILL NOT MEET THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE ONA DATING SITE!!!
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   D Woods 0 Votes
I am so glad I am not the only person to have had problems with this company. What a complete nightmare! I did actually cancel my bank account but have now received a letter from a debt collection agency. I am not sure what to do now because according to a consumer helpline, I have to contact the European Consumer Agency for help. I have never been in debt before and have been asked to send my email which I sent to Be2 billing section trying to cancel my membership, because I could find no other method of contacting them, to the debt collection agency. Please, please I could do with some advice I actually had £122 taken out of my account and am expected to pay a further £122 pounds, which I managed to stop by cancelling my card but now the debt collection agency need this money and I am still not sure if my membership is officially cancelled!!!

On a lighter note though, I did use another reputable dating company and am now getting married this year.
Donna
 10th of May, 2011 by   Sucker Sue 0 Votes
I too have experienced the same with Be2. I did subscribe to the £5 monthly offer using my debit card. I cancelled my subscription but they took £149.49 out of my account. I did not recognise the transaction on my statement as it said it was for www.b2.com which when I checked it out it was a building construction company! The bank refunded my money however they then sent me another e-mail stating that I was in breech of contract and they would take this money out of my account next month. I have now cancelled my debit card. they have threatend me with debt collectors. I have offered to pay by 3 monthly installments via a cheque, but they have not responded. Having now read the comments on this web site I am adverse to paying them. I told the guy on the phone that this was a scam and he totally ignored me. Can anyone advise me what to do, very upset and worried. Just been made redundant so money is tight anyway.
 19th of Jun, 2011 by   natasha1975 0 Votes
I have also found out today that i have had hundreds yes hundreds taking out my account ongoing cant cancel but can cancel your emails easy though. then you forget your with then or ever have been. they are unreal i had no idea i was paying for the £5 dael what a load of rubbish you cant use the site easly you cant see the blurred out faces of your messages you recieve they charge you to view each mail you recieve. this is one of the biggest scam there arte in dating and a waste of time.
 25th of Jun, 2011 by   samsongmusic 0 Votes
oh my god i have just signed up and it doesnt tell me how much ill be paying and i cannoot cancel it
 13th of Apr, 2012 by   Dick Lloyd 0 Votes
I have been scammed by the Be2 company too. They took £149 from my account without my agreement. thjey have nmot respionbsded to my messages. Does anyone have a phone number so I can talk to them?
 26th of Apr, 2012 by   Seahorse10 0 Votes
I have also found out that they have taken out £149 from my account without my authorisation after I signed up on a £5 a month trial, after getting hold of them they have said that the money is non refundable and that they do not accept cancellations via emails, I have to write to them in person as they are based in Luxembourg. After this experience it has put me off any dating sites that have a deal going
 5th of Nov, 2012 by   potty su 0 Votes
I spent 3 days trying to send s fax to cancel after paying £5 for a month. Eventually I sent an email with a photo of me and a copy of my passport scanned to cancel. I did receive an email confirming that the 6 month subscription was cancelled. I have se many men saying they had lost their wife and wanted love with me. There are so many unreal people on the sight.

Advice From 1998 - Bottled Water