logo

Barnes and Noble

Posted:    TedE51

Bad customer service

Barnes and Noble
Customer service is horrible and cannot answer for anything. I made an online order and waited a few days and didnt recieve a confirmation. I had to call them and they said I cancelled the order. I was mad but decided to order it again this time from an actual customer service agent. AGAIN they canceled my order! I contacted customer service twice and did not recieve any reassurance that the product is on the way. Whats funny about this is that they are proud to say that they havent outsourced their customer service yet; with service like this I think they should outsource because people in other countries try harder to keep the customers happy! I recommend not to order from Barnes and Noble online unless you actually go into the store.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Dec, 2009 by   Nick1112 +1 Votes
I would not visit their store either... I used to go there all the time but their service is horrible. The one I went to is the one in Cherry Valley Mall in Rockford IL!! Very bad!! Their manager chase people away from their sitting tables...even though I bought their food, they still chasing me and my kids away!! DO NOT GO THERE. I now switch to Borders Book Store. They offer free Wi-Fi Service. I have since bought a lot of foods and coffee as well as many books. GOOD BYE Barnes and Noble! Good luck to your horrible service!!
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   Happy Dude +2 Votes
Barnes and Noble has horrible unfriendly customer service. Triaglen Town Center, Raleigh, NC 27616.
 27th of Dec, 2010 by   liquidgee +1 Votes
The blatant incompetence, if not outright ignorance, some of the B&N customer service reps exhibit borders on wanton criminality of human pretense. Untrained circus animals have more potential than many of these so-called people. Example in point, is the time I was contacted regarding an order being in. At the checkout counter the person waiting on me told me it wasn't there - I knew it had to be so I waited and got back in line ... the next person found it no problem. This was not the only incident I've had with B&N. Another time I called in an order, providing the ISBN number to the rep on the phone - to the person's credit, they the title and author back to me to confirm it was the item I wanted, which it was. However, when it came in it was the wrong book - fortunately what I was looking for was on the shelf.
 25th of Jan, 2011 by   Madhatter1968 0 Votes
I thought I had cancelled my rewards club membership back in Dec of 2008 but I was charged the fee again in December of 2009. I was irate, but I thought I could have made a mistake, so I called and complained. They just said no more charges would be done for membership the next year. Well in December of 2010 guess what happened, a charge. so I called, and complained, the day after the charge appeared, and they said they would refund my money. a month later, no refund so I called again, they said nothing was ever done but they would refund the money. 2 weeks later they still didn't do anything, so I called again and they said check with my bank for pending refunds. My bank has no record of anything for Barnes Noble. I called again and I got a nice but ignorant CS rep who said she can't do anything, but wait a few days and call back. I called back (I am in January 2011 now, a month and a half later from first call in December 2010) and even though there are a ton of notes about my situation, no refund was processed yet. Still trying to get satisfaction!!! Worst CS I have ever had!
 5th of May, 2011 by   Sonia Hernandez +1 Votes
I am also disgusted with B&N. I have been waiting for a refund for a ColorNook that was returned after having encountered problems connecting it to the web at home. I gave up on it after 3 days. I complied with all their instructions upon returning it. Almost 3 months later there is no fund for the $300+ spent. After my 6th phone call, , I decided to do a formal complaint with the Attorney Generals Office (both in Albany and NYC). I am hoping that the AGO will get on their tails and get them to move a little quicker on this refund. Please be aware of their lousy refund track record.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   Karucha +1 Votes
My worst experience ever! DON´T BUY AT BARNES AND NOBLE. They have the worst customer service team. Very bad experience.
 17th of Jan, 2012 by   Frustratedcc 0 Votes
Worst experience I have ever had when I talk to one rep they always sent me to the opposite of them either store online, or telephone rep. It was horrible. NEVER IN MY LIFE BEING A CUSTOMER OF THEIRS.
 21st of Apr, 2013 by   Rachel1987 0 Votes
Please DO NOT EVER rent a textbook from Barnes and Noble. I ended up paying for $139 for a book that should only cost me $40. First of all, the rent is $32 for 60 days (neither quarter or semester last only for 60days), second of all, if you tries to extend the rental due date, they wont warn you that you could only rent it for certain period of time. So in my case, i paid barnes and nobles to extend my rent and, without any warning or email they removed my payment for extending the book and charged me for the full price of brand spanking new book instead. Thanks to Barnes and noble, instead of saving money, i got ripped off instead. Bad customer service! the advice that they gave me was "the best thing that you could do is to keep the book cause $139 already been charged to your bank account".

Do Gas Saving Devices Work?

Latest Groups