logo

usuaria de internet
FRAUDE Y ESTAFA
5. (12 mins ago)
theautopartsshop.com
They took double sum from them and didn’t provide any order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bankers Life and Casualty, Topeka, Kansas Complaints & Reviews - Home Care Insurance

Bankers Life and Casualty Contacts & Informations

Bankers Life and Casualty

Posted:    Rebecca

Home Care Insurance

Bankers Life and Casualty
Topeka, Kansas
Last year my mother needed home care for about 7 weeks during cancer treatments. I have had nothing but trouble contacting Bankers in Chicago or the local office in Topeka, Kansas, and getting the correct forms. When I finally was sent the correct forms, a good six months had passed, but I tracked down 25 caregivers to fill out the forms I should have been sent when I first asked for this material. When I called to ask questions about the form (it was difficult to tell if it should be completed by the week or by the caregiver) I was told that none of the agents could meet with me because they were all out selling policies. When I said, "So, you are more interested in selling new policies than backing up the ones you have sold, " I got an 8:00 a.m. appointment with a representative who couldn't understand the forms either.

I had finally sent everything off and called the Chicago office to find out the status of the claim. I was told that it was difficult to understand the forms and to photocopy everything, receipts, forms, the spreadsheet I had made, etc., and resubmit it. Last week I got a letter accusing me of trying to file a duplicate claim! In the meantime, the check for one week of care that had been received was unable to be deposited and had to be returned. Calls to the Chicago office have been frustrating, they are rude and unhelpful, and only once have they bothered to return my calls.

How in the world does a sick and elderly person file a claim with these people? Do they hope the insured will just give up?
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Jun, 2009 by   William B. Palazzo 0 Votes
I have had Bankers Life and Casualty (Health Insurance) as a supplement to my Medicare for the past year and a half and have had no problems whatsoever.

I have dealt with the Rhode Island Office and they have always been more than congenial. I have no complaints whatsoever. My agent, John Travers, is very concerned and follows up occasionally to see how I am doing. I think it is a great company.

Bill Palazzo
Coventry, Rhode Island
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   Gary l Watson 0 Votes
It sounds terrible to begin with, but I might question if some of the communication difficulties might not have been directly attribuitable to you. Large corporation do not as a general rule become successful by ignoring customers and treating them badly. It might possible be a case of un-met expectations compounded by a lack of understanding of the situation.

My father has a policy with Bankers for long term care, he is currently in a facility getting very good care for Alzhiemers. The have been very pro-active in getting information to my family and setting up appointment to discuss options to possible better improve his care.
 19th of May, 2010 by   Juny 0 Votes
I am in the process of trying to help my Mother decide whether to continue her Bankers Life Home Health Care policy. The rates are going up, no suprise. I have read through the policy several times. She has contributed some $40, 000 so far and her maximum benefit is $100/day with a fairly low maximum yearly benefit. The requirements for filing a claim (she has never had to do so, thankfully) seem rigorous along with restrictions on what will or will not be paid. Is there another company I should be looking at or is Bankers Life reputable.
It appears to matter quite alot who the local service representative is.
 25th of May, 2010 by   Andrew David 0 Votes
We are starting to see the same trend. My mother, sister and I met with a Bankers rep in Feb 2010 to discuss the final details of here in home care insurance. During the visit there were a few questions that the rep said he did not have the information on him but that he would get it to us the following week. We signed up for the police and wrote the check but have not been able to get a call back from the rep or the office manager. Over the next several months I left massages for the rep and then the reps supervisor to contact us but there was no reply. Last Tuesday my sister and I stopped by the new office location hand written on the card we were given but the receptionist said that no one was available but the office manager would be in touch with me the following day. We have not heard from anyone and while I plan to visit the office again this afternoon however it wouldn't surprise me at this point to find them closed and moved. I see that some of the replies are positive so I will remain hopeful.
Andrew