logo

Plenty of Fish
Fraud and cheating
3. (27 mins ago)
A1cashadvance
Impossible to get loan from them
4. (36 mins ago)
Fire hazard stove!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bankers Life and Casualty Company Complaints & Reviews - Get ready for the run around

Bankers Life and Casualty Company Contacts & Informations

Bankers Life and Casualty Company

Posted:    Valerie

Get ready for the run around

Bankers Life and Casualty Company
bankers.com
My mother suffered a massive stroke in 1975. She is partially paralyzed and is blind on her left side, as well as deaf on her left side. She has no use of her left arm at all. Today it is September 04, 2008. She is still alive and going strong. My mother walks with a supportive brace. In July she was visiting relatives and had a TIA. She fell and broke her good arm, fractured it in fact where she needed surgery. My mother moved in with my wife and I, after my father passed in 2002. After surgery we contacted Banker's. They informed us that with her doctor making the claim, to go ahead and get home healthcare started. We found an assisted care CNA business that sent CNA's to the house to take care of my mother. My mother has been spending $900.00 a week to pay these CNA's. Weeks pass. I began to write and call Banker's. I spoke to an agent who informed me that it would take time to process the forms and that they were waiting for billing. My 70 year old mother began to heal and her good arm was in a stabilizing condition where she had limited use, but still needed a CNA for perry care and hygiene matters, as well as fully clothing herself. My mother use to dress everyday, but now only wears a short nightgown. I call Bankers again asking about payment, they ask about my mother's condition and being the honest guy that I am I tell them that her health is improving. Again I had to wait for payments. Yesterday I get a call from an agent in some office in Chicago who informed me that Baker's feels that my mother's condition wasn't severe enough for them to issue payment compensation. I was informed that my mother had to be in a "catastrophic" state for 90 days before they issue payment for CNA care. And that if I read the Policy that I would've known this. I disagreed and informed them of my mother's past medical history. They never knew she has a massive stroke in 1975, nor a TIA. So now they are sending their nurse to evaluate my mother's condition. So at the moment I feel that my mother and I, who are now out of $6200.00 out of pocket, are fixing to get the "run around" even further.

On the advice of a friend, I decided to look for our state's insurance commissioner office to see if I need to file a formal complaint. I'm also speaking to a health insurance attorney for advice.

Be careful in dealing with these folks. Record all phone conversations with them and document everything. Remember if it’s not on paper it doesn't exist in the eyes of the court and don't forget to date everything too!! Even a large yellow notepad, with just dates and incidents can be used in court.

I went online to see if anyone else had problems and I'm glad I went online to read what I found here. It seems like the only way to get things done is to attack them legally. Bankers needs a rewrite in their policy and own up to helping people.

In truth I'm just disappointed... and pissed.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Feb, 2010 by   Navy Veteran +1 Votes
Thanks to all, i almost made a big mistake by going to my scheduled interview that was probably going to be some kind of group zombie thing. As a Veteran i find it that if it's too good to be true then it probably is. This company should be ashamed of themselfs, i have two kids and a house and they wanted to take my money and put me through a loop that would lead me to nothing.
 1st of Mar, 2010 by   GL Fla 0 Votes
Just got the same call for an appointment. Thanks for saving me the time. I have gotten 3-4 calls and e-mails since posting my resume; all from insurance companies. Been out of work for a while and can't afford to waste my time with these "too good to be true offers"
 7th of Mar, 2010 by   justanotherfakename 0 Votes
onlyaguywithanopinion,

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear you interviewed at their office in De Pere, WI, just by the description of how it happened and the behavior of the manager ;)
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   Disappointed.In.Bankers 0 Votes
Posted my resume on Monster on a Sunday afternoon, and Monday morning I get a call from an insurance agency in Concord, NH who sought me out for my "sales" experience and "impressive" education (in unrelated fields). Excited about getting a hit after being unemployed for months, I agreed to attend a meet-and-greet later that week. Came online to research the company, and quickly changed my mind when I typed in "Bankers Life and Casualty" in the search bar and "scam" automatically displayed as a frequent search. Thanks for saving my time and efforts!
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   suebear 0 Votes
I've been getting the same calls from Banker's regarding setting up an interview. I'm not quite sure how they figured that a Licensed Massotherapist would be either qualified for or interested in selling insurance. I know the company is technically legit, but since my mother had several policies with them (annuities, life insurance, and LTC insurance), I had the not-so-pleasurable experience of dealing with them after she passed away. It took me well over a year to get all the policies paid out (and yes we had read all the fine print on each policy). The annuities were pretty straight forward, but all I ever got on the LTC policy was massive run around and excuses. It's funny that, within one month of turning it over to an attorney, they sent the check out immediately. I will never deal with these people again if I can help it. It's just not worth the aggravation.
 12th of May, 2010 by   SteadyBallin 0 Votes
It's amazing how people always want to make "excusses" and blame everyone but themselves. Sales is hard, life is hard. There is no magic career out there where you are handed a six figure salary. Ask any succesfull business person if they complained about leads, or complained about investing time and money in their business?? It's always someones else fault, noboby gave me what I needed right? If you go online to a blog to make your carrer choices, Bankers isnt for you. Take it from a Bankers Agent in Delaware who has been making a great living for five year since I was 20 years old. I'm not real right? Am I a scam? This is my life. And I would love to see where these people are now?
 28th of Jun, 2010 by   pissedofftoledoan 0 Votes
the people at bankers are deceitful. i received a call from bankers insurance last week, requesting me to come in for an interview because i had sent them a copy of my resume. i thought that was kind of fishy because i don't remember sending my resume to any insurance company. i figured since they called me i could go in for an interview to see what they have to say. so i go into the office today (6/28/10), pick up the two copies that were being handed out and went into the meeting room where i am puzzled to see a group of people waiting. the first sheet is for my personal information and when i began to read the second sheet, it dawned on me that they needed sales people. to make sure i was reading this correctly, i went to the receptionist and asked her if this was strictly for sales positions and she said yes. i told her that i am not a sales person, i have no skills at sales and feel uncomfortable doing any type of sales. she talked me into staying to see what the meeting was about. i asked her about filling the first sheet out and she said i could hold onto it until after the meeting until i have decided. so i went back to the meeting room and sat down.

there were approximately 10 people in the room. no one knew anyone else and there was an extremely uncomfortable silence prevalent in the room. no one offered to come in to have an informal chat, to ask us our names, nothing.

finally, about 2 minutes before 4pm, a guy with greased back hair and an ill fitting suit walks into the room with an extremely arrogant air about him. he announces that he is going to pick up the personal information sheets and people just start handing him their sheets. he comes to me and i told him that i was told that i could wait until after the meeting. because i refused to give him my personal information right there, he kicked me out of the meeting.

there are many things wrong with: 1) getting people's resumes off internet sites that have nothing to do with insurance sales; 2) telling you that the company wants to conduct a job interview with you; 3) finding out it isn't a job interview but a sales pitch; 4) demanding personal information from you before they tell you about themselves.

this company is, in one word, unethical.

if you work for bankers, you have been duped to work for them in order for them (bankers) to scam people out of their hard earned savings.
 14th of Nov, 2010 by   dogoodersurs 0 Votes
You have to incorporate to be a part of Arise (fees, time and paperwork). You have to pay for your background check (fees), a fee is taken out of every check (fee), you pay for your own training (fee and time) which is very expensive and nonrefundable and if you change your mind about a program, it counts against you and you are blocked from other programs (fee, time, loss opportunity). If you keep your head low and you stay out of trouble and don’t ask too many questions like, (why did I get pay $22hr with benefits for this same job in the real world and your are paying $7.50hr minus the bi-weekly fee (severely reduced pay) for the same job with NO benefits except, well you get to work from home so this novelty should satisfy you to all ends and justify whatever they want to do with you. You have to scavenger for your work hours; if you don’t show up on time when they put out the scheduled time slots you would be out of work for that week or have to constantly monitor the schedules hoping that someone lets something go(loss opportunity). When you add up the fees, time, paperwork, and loss of opportunities you might as well find another work at home company or work for McDonalds.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   KayG 0 Votes
My daughter has a resume on Monster.com. She is in college, studying photography, and has no interest in insurance, sales or corporate work. Bankers Life got her cell phone number and email and started calling and writing her every day, leaving very sketchy messages that sound conveniently distorted so that you can't tell if its a man or woman calling. All the key words were easy to understand, however all the details were very conveniently distorted. She actually spoke to this person twice and said both times she is not interested. The caller continues to harass her, saying she's "perfect for the job... come see my boss... wear appropriate clothing..." The only words we can ever understand! Somehow they got our home land line number, and have been calling that line to harass her. After searching the phone number (973-327-7127) I found a site - MrNumber.com - with similiar complaints. No respectable, reliable company would behave like this. Their behavior is that of a pharming organization, one that looks for potential scam victims via Monster or Career Builder, etc., then gathers your personal information to steal your ID or steal from you. They do not behave like a legitimate organization. Anyone here saying they are legit obviously doesn't know about the harassment. They do not take the word "no" to mean anything other than "continue to call and harass." My daughter is scared now... are they stalking her? Who is this "boss" and what kind of harm is he capable of? Who knows?! AVOID THEM. And complain, complain, complain. Call the headquarters and complain. They are NOT a legitimate company if they are forcing themselves on people like this.
 20th of Apr, 2011 by   Dcmorey74 0 Votes
Bankers life and casualty is not apart of the BBB in Michigan...PERIOD!!! (I checked) Its a huge scam they want money and access to your bank accounts to quote on quote deposit money and remove money as they see fit (read the small print of the contract) be careful. My wife received a call from a women we couldn't even understand I researched this company before hand ...thank god I did...its a pyramids sales scam...you have to pay them money to get trained. NO REAL COMPANY IS GONNA MAKE YOU PAY FOR THEM TO TRAIN YOU...DUHHHHHHH...Dont believe the hype...its all BS.
 12th of May, 2011 by   S.N. 0 Votes
My husband took this job and I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning. He has been there for over a month and a half and we haven't seen one penny. We can't pay our bills and now have to move because we haven't seen any money. We have put so much money that we don't/didn't have into this and they said we would get it back in no time. I kept telling my husband from the beginning that his "boss" was just filling him up with false hope and big lies to keep him working for them. Sure enough, I was right. We moved to where this job was, 3 hours away from our home and now that we can't afford our bills we will pretty much be living in our car. This company is a joke and no one should fall for the big numbers they tell you you will be making. We have a 2 year old son and I can't even buy diapers because we haven't seen any money. Almost $500 into this crap and not one single shiny penny. BS
 23rd of May, 2012 by   Shekihampton 0 Votes
I Would Like To Thank Everyone For The For Warning Of This Company They Schedule Me A Interview For Tommorow But I Will Gladly Pass On It I've Read Nothing But HORRIBLE Things Abt This Company Its One Bad Thing After Another.
 7th of Nov, 2013 by   Alan David 0 Votes
I'd love to see that one who submitted the comment "do your homework first"...and see which of his orifices I could stuff a crowbar. Sounds like one of the current administration who is immune to abuse because they are in power. MY EXPERIENCES HAVE BEEN YOURS EXACTLY...and I had no idea of anything until gaining Power Of Attorney after my father's stroke. First they took forever to evaluate POA...then they told me it takes 30 days to evaluate claim...THEN, THEY EXPECTED ME TO PAY THE PREMIUM (which became due during my dad's stroke) - with the PROBABILITY they would DENY HIM!!! So, not only did they take advantage of my Dad in selling him this policy but they know they do not have to act because I won't go after them when Legal costs would exceed any benefit...and i'm sure no PUNITIVE damages would be forthcoming unless Class Action. I'M CUTTING MY LOSSES AND CEASING ANY DEALINGS WITH THEM...(I HOPE ALL OF BANKERS' CHOKES ON THE PROFITS!!!) It's funny how alllllllllll those who were "mislead" during the HOUSING CRISIS got a reprieve for being stupid enough to not understand their Mortgage Terms...and everyone felt sorry for them and welcomed their reprieve and condemned the Banks - BUT WHO IS KNOCKING ON BAKERS' DOOR AND SMACKING THEM "UPSIDE THEIR HEAD"????!!!

The Stanford Fraud Case