logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Balfour.com
Balfour's website is useless!
2. (10 mins ago)
Thrive Extreme Health
Seller didn't inform to cancel subscription
3. (15 mins ago)
UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Badcock Furniture, Washington, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Deceiving Sales Practices

Badcock Furniture Contacts & Informations

Badcock Furniture

Posted:    snugbug

Deceiving Sales Practices

Badcock Furniture
Washington, North Carolina
12/05/08, Terrible Sales Practices!! Purchased a sofa, 2 days later the same sofa went on sale. Stopped by store to see about getting a store credit for the difference. Was told by the Asst Mgr, who remembered my purchase, that they did not have a '30-day sale' policy. He ADMITTED that he knew the sofa was going on sale, but it was his practice, as well as the practice of the local store, NOT to tell customers, therefore, we would go ahead and purchase at the higher price. Even after admitting that he deceived me so I would go ahead and purchase the sofa, he still would not issue a store credit. Buyers Beware!! of hidden agendas in the Washington, NC store!!! Will never, ever buy from again.
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Feb, 2009 by   lost profits +2 Votes
I so want to see this company get what's coming to them!!! It may take a few years, just like circut city. When you lie, cheat & deceive your customers and ( FRANCHISE') dealers and take the consumers hard earned money...What goes around comes around. Hang in there we're with you. DISGRUNTLED...
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   UNHAPPY CUTOMER +2 Votes
I am not sure about this company as of yet. I went to the furniture store (BADCOCK) on Feb 10, 2009 to purchase what seems to be a VERY NICE looking living room set called "RED BRICKS" georgeous looking from the store display. I have not yet recieved it, due to the fact they tell me its on back order and that it is shipped from over seas. Okay i understood that, however they have gave me 3 different days that the furniture should be in. Today is February 27, 2009 and I still have not recieved my furniture which I am not pleased with at all, I do not appreciate the dishonesty this store has incl the managers who have told me several times that this never happens- perhaps I should have went to Kane's furniture store which I would have had my furniture within days, and quality furniture at that. I will not be purchasing anything from BADCOCK- EVER AGAIN!!!
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   Suzanne -1 Votes
I came across this complaint while first searching Rooms To Go, then furniture complaints. I find 2 postings for this company and they seem pretty ridiculous. I mean, every store I purchase at doesn't allow sale prices for previous sales. Just 2 weeks ago I purchased a $24 super paper towel pack at Costcos, only to receive a coupon book the next day with a $2.50 off coupon for the same paper towel pack. The store knew this was going on sale the next day, and yet no one told me...but then again they don't have to and I don't expect them to. I think its ridiculous to think you are the only special customer in the world that deserves prenotification.
 1st of May, 2009 by   iculuv +1 Votes
Well I became a shopper of badcock funiture in washington, NC about a year ago and I have purchased several items from them. The first item was a dinning room table which I am please with, but the other two items is a diffrent story. I bought a kitchen table which they were supposed to order a new set for me, but brought the store display to my house trying to pass it off as new. My husband saw the scars on it and call me right away. I call the store owner and he came up with some lame excuse about the one that they order did not come in, so they thought that I would like to have something instead of nothing that they planned on bring the new one to me when they received it. Now I know that that was alie. who ever heard of something like that. Then he comes back and says, we will give you a discount if you keep the display. Now I have two chairs where the legs keeps coming off and ect. the other product was a 6 peice living room set. To start with, the delivermen scared my end table up rusing trying to put the items together, afraid of being out pass 5 oclock I guess. Now the sofa set cushion in all three chairs are flat. Mind you, we don't even sit on this set often. I complained to the manager and he sent his delivermen back out to assess the situation, they saw what I was talking about and reported it. I had to then call the store manager back, because he woun't call me about it. He proceeded to tell me that he would order some new cushions for me and it would take about 10 days. I waited and waited. three weeks later, I call back and he tells me, that they will have to send out the repair guy because the situation is so unusal. I didn't aurgue or anything. I told my husband they have just lost a loyal customer. I haven't even had the set for a year. Needless to say, I will never, ever buy from badcock funiture again. I usally shop at Ashley's anyway. Instead of being cheap, I should have kept shopping there.
 2nd of May, 2009 by   John1984 +1 Votes
Wait until one year and that $399.95 sofa called the Red Brick by Affordable manufacturing will look like it was runover by a steam roller. They use inferior foam and Badcock knows it...and after their one year warrantly runs out they will tell you there is nothing they can do. Even though $399.95 is cheap it should last over a year! They are an awful company and I will never shop there again!
 11th of Jul, 2009 by   BS 11 +1 Votes
This is the worst place to buy anything. I have bought a $2000 serta mattress from badcock. I had to wait 8 days for it to be delivered. I would of just loaded it in my truck but didnt want to anything to go wrong or mess up the warranty (like getting it wet). Once delivered the brand new boxspring came with rust, water and ripped. I was so upset I went right to the store in Augusta GA and showed them the pictures. The manager said well these things do happen and would order me a new boxspring. I then still was not happy and desided to contact headquarters. After calling them they said that it was nice for the manager to order me a new boxspring and they where sorry and would send me a $25 gift card to there store.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   jly0316 +1 Votes
Last year My husband and I purchased a living room group, dining table and chairs, and living room tables for our new home. We checked around to many different furniture stores and found the prices pretty comparable to other stores. We did however like the fact that the store was in our small town and seemed to have good customer service. When our furniture was delivered I noticed that most of the knobs on the dresser seemed to be "stripped", the living room tables had been assembled on sight and None of the bolts had been tightened. Being the handy people we are my husband and I just fixed the problems and didnt think anymore about it. Until that is about a month later 2 of the dining room chairs basically fell apart, the mattress had large dips in it because the salesman ordered the wrong frame for a king, and the living room tables finish was comming off. Needless to say we ended up with 3 new chairs, a new mattress and box springs and frame. Unfortunately, now a year later these same items are giving us problems again. Im just so tired of these items Im about to just cut my losses and go to a different store. I will NEVER purchase from this store again.
 20th of Sep, 2009 by   ncbabz +1 Votes
I purchased a sofa from Badcock in Rocky Mount NC in July 2008. I never let anybody sit on the sofa until Jan, well in May I started to notice there were 2 flat cushions and the back pillows were beginning to look lumpy and bumpy. I took the cushions back to the store and it took 2 1/2 weeks to replace the cushions because the repair man only comes to the Rocky Mount store ones once a month. I brought the cushions home with my new foam and low and behold by July I was in the same predicament. Of course the warranty is up and the store will assume no responsibility. Stuck with a $700.00 mess, I'll never shop there again. Ncbabz@aol.com
 31st of Jan, 2010 by   k4wsp01 +1 Votes
The Whiteville, N.C. Badcock store uses double compound intrest on all sales. DO NOT under any circumstances buy from this store. I will NEVER EVER use this crap company again.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   CAYCEK85 +1 Votes
my couch fell apart, my table fell apart, my end tables fell apart, my chairs fell apart!!! they sent the repair man to fix the couch and it broke again!!! we purchased the stain protection for the couch and i am almost possitive that they charged us for it, and didn't apply it!! the asst manager came to our house to pick up a payment she took it and said she would send us a receipt and never did and never applied the payment to our account. they are lying theifs!!! and now they are taking us to court, the nerve of those people. I hope they get shut down and that people get the word out there to save others from dealing with badcock and THEIR CRAPPY FURNITURE!!! BEWARE OF BADCOCK AND THEIR EMPLOYEES!!!
 29th of Apr, 2010 by   couchlessinflorida +1 Votes
I'm currently sitting in my livingroom with no sofa after returning not one, not two, but three couches that were damaged as soon as we got them home and unpackaged. Honestly their products and service is crap. I had to call customer service again after she said she would call me back today. Still no answer. Still no sofa. Never, never, never again will I buy from this company. They are happy to take your money, but reluctant to help when there is a problem.
 8th of Sep, 2010 by   Trip22245 +1 Votes
Had this horrible experience of buying a room set for my daughter from Badcock furniture in West Palm beach, FL. Starting from the sales person, who was not rude but was very mono tone and dry that he came pretty close to being rude. Then came the delivery day which was by the way 4 days after the purchase date (the earliest option available), no estimated time of delivery was given, just the date. I called the store around 1pm where this absolutely rude wise guy who answered the phone said, " If I were you, i would sit tight and wait for them...no ETA available". I called again around 5pm, same answer. Then finally two weirdos showed up on my door at 6pm, even though I requested to be called 30 minutes prior to their arrival, i had to wait all day until 6pm not knowing around when they would come. Both of them, did not believe in friendly responses such as thank you, you are welcome, how are you, smile etc. Then both started dumping and rolling my furniture on the floor the way I wouldnt even treat my trash bags. They conveniently, without permission lower the temperature of my Air conditiner to what they felt like should have been in the first place. The scratched my dry walls, a door and my daughters poster with their careless handling of my brand new furniture. They didnt even ask us to make sure every thing looked good when they were done...and for a good reason. As soon as they left, i noticed a major dent on the dresser. There was no way they could have missed that becuase 1. it was very obvious, 2) how could they have missed it when they hit the dresser hard against my dry wall and the door couple times on their way up. i had to call the store the next day who said that they would order the part and I would have it by next week. Next time, I will pay few hundred dollars extra and buy my furniture from larger and more reputable furniture store. I hate you Badcock furniture.
 10th of Feb, 2011 by   AngryMan954 +1 Votes
I purchased Ashley Oak sofa & love seat in Sept of 09 from Badcock in Ft. Lauderdale. These items are Durablend(polyurethane-polycotton-leather blend). I work 12hr days and live with my retired father so you could imagine the couches dont get much reps or use. After 5-6 months they started stripping/peeling whatever terms good for you. We also bought a coffe colored dinnig set in which the chairs are literally falling apart. The table tops varnish has rubbed away. I can go on and on but you get the picture. Warranty is a scam almost $200 for the two couches. Im not just going to vent here Im dealing with the corporate office in Boca where yes sir I'm suing there pants off. Their best offer was 15% off my next purchase. I understand why my Jewish friends say "never again". Stay away from these crooks.
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   Glenda Lewis +1 Votes
I too bought all of my furniture from Badcock .and it is really the worst i have every had .the first set went so flat that we couldn't. set on it Call the store up and complained, At first they said they couldn't, do anything so i just kept calling until they finally gave me a brand new suit, But it too is beginning to fall apart I THINK WE AS COSUMERS SHOULD PUT THESE PEOPLE OUT OF BUSISNESS' Now they are saying that we are behind on our payment . and they intend on reposessing it NEVERWILL I EVER BUY THER AGAIN'
 20th of May, 2011 by   brokein FL +1 Votes
I bought a living room set at a Badcock in south Florida in April 2010.
It looked nice enough. But, 13 months later it is obvious that it is not great quality.
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   ice2734 -2 Votes
MY DAD IS THE MANAGER THERE AT THE DELRAY BEACH STORE AND HAS NO BAD REVIEWS SO HA !
 30th of Aug, 2011 by   Treat me right +1 Votes
I also bought and Ashley which made with some kind of leather, but not leather sofa, love sofa, and a chair I don't know what to do its peeling like it got some sort of disease. I live in West Point, Ms somebody please help me get justice. I spent about 1500 or more for that set I thought I had myself something it look good for about a year thats it just enough until the warranty is off somebody needs to do something about this company!!!
 9th of May, 2012 by   Shopaholic_Momma +1 Votes
NEVER WILL SHOP AGAIN AT A BADCOCK STORE!! We bought our daughter a bedroom set and while I am happy with the quality the transaction and time frame was super ridiculous! When we thought the trundle bed was on order it was found out months later that it hadn't even been ordered after checking in way to many times to see if it had come in yet and always being told it would be "next week"..and when we finally got it... there was no hard wear. This has taken 9 months to complete! They finally got our trundle bed hardware in 2 1/2 hrs ago that was sitting at another Ga store for 3 weeks! If he would have said no it was not there, I would have packed up the furniture and taken it and dumped it on their showroom floor. I have since had a baby, bought a new car, taken a vacation, had 3 major holidays in the time it has taken for this transaction to be completely final! This was the McDonough, Ga Store.
 31st of May, 2012 by   Belinda Davis +1 Votes
In 2006 we bought a mattress from the Wilson NC store.It was a Serta with a Non Pro Rate. Serta states $ for $ on the date of purchase. Well this is not the way Badcocks handled this. The mattress was bought because of a surgery my husband had on his neck. When We got the mattress the air leaked out and was returned to the store. They said it was a bad mattress and they didn't make it any more. We were told to get another one. We got one of lesser value and no money returned to us. In 4 years this one dipped in the middle. They gave us another of lesser valus and no money back. Now we have another one of a lesser value that needs returning. This is crazy. Called Serta and Badcock and they say they will not give me a mattress of my first purchase as they claim!!! I have now turned them in to the BBB. Now waiting on them! Don't buy from Badcock or Serta!
 24th of Jul, 2012 by   stephanie wells +1 Votes
I bought a sofa from the Badcock in Canton Ga and a month later the piece of junk started falling apart. The springs started to pop of of the back and punch holes in my wall. The owner is a typical sales person snake in the grass. Never again will I buy from this store.

Dumb Ways to Pick a Smart Phone