logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Mary Gersten - Global Cash Flow Network
Refund promised but never sent
2. (15 mins ago)
Redbubble.com
Redbubble is scam and fraud
3. (28 mins ago)
Joe's Crabshack
Discrimination
4. (44 mins ago)
Time Warner Cable
Rude incompetent customer "care"
5. (46 mins ago)
Hyundai end of lease return
excessive scrutinization

Ashford Publishing

Posted: 2011-05-06 by    cituz

Scam Artists

Ashford Publishing
I wanted to let everyone know that this company is ran and owned from the same owner as Premiere Whos Who and Pinnacle Publishing they charge customers from one company to another. All along the customers believe they are dealing with three different companies when in fact they are dealing with one. Dont let them get you too...
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Apr, 2011 by   Concerned Citizen 0 Votes
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   enigmascorp 0 Votes
what???No its not! where do you get your information from...it is not affiliated with Pinnacle at all, you moron!
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   enigmascorp 0 Votes
Idiots! Ashford is not a freakin diploma mill!!! A diploma mill is a high school or college/university that sells diplomas or degrees...most of the time you dont have to do anything other than send your credits card over so they can steal not only your personal info but also all your money, then they give you this shitty little piece of paper with some lame stamp that says you got your degree, and it means absolutely nothing in the real world...As the matter of fact, if you are that stupid to fall in that trap, please send me your email address so I can send you a PayPal request for $500 and I will print you a degree myself...

Stop bashing Ashford, I am enrolled there and have been for over a year...they use live instructors and TA's, and the classes are not always the easiest, you actually have to challenge yourself and use your brain...I know that may be hard for some of you on this complaint board who spend more time bitching about whatever injustices you feel arise in your life than spending time doing homework so you can graduate and actually get somewhere in your pathetic lives...
 22nd of Jun, 2011 by   MortiKatz 0 Votes
Ashford Publishing is a complete SCAM! When you call into their "Corporate Office" some joker answers and will not give you a name of a manager or anything. They had the nerve to ask me how much money I make and what kind of care I drove! They have been calling me 3 times a day on my work phone with no message so I called back and asked whta kind of company it was. They woulddn't tell me! This place seems SHADY and a bunch of idiot FRAT boys running it. STAY FAR AWAY!
 28th of Jul, 2011 by   ProtectorSon 0 Votes
It's so sad... I'm watching my eldery parents go through a horrible con with Ashford Publishing at the center. They were taken advantage of another company that made a web site for their business and charged their credit card to the max for thousands and thousands of dollars. Ashford came forward to say they were so sorry to hear this and let us make you a web site. We can help you with this other company and try and get your money back. Ashford made the web site and in turn did the same thing. They started charging tens of thousands of dollars to max out their card. My parents then found out Ashford owns the other company they had problems with the year previous. Now their bank lawyers are getting involved and Ashford has been reported (again, we're told) to the State's Attorney General. It's a mess and my parents are our about $40, 000.

Please everyon... Stay AWAY from them. They take advantage of the elderly. Go to their web site and look at the videos they have on the main page. All elderly people.
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   MissB11 0 Votes
Ashford is ABSOLUTELY a scam!! The owner Jeff Burton is also the owner of several different companies Premier International Who's Who, Pinnacle Publishing, Lincoln and Hoover. If you Google this man you will see the mounds of complaints against him and his co-workers. Also available is the court documents regarding federal charges against Jeff for a money making scheme that cost alot of honest unsuspecting people out of hundred thousands of dollars. Everyone needs to do their research on this man and these phony companies they will bleed you dry.
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   DRDEY 0 Votes
EPICLY SCAMMERS!!! DONT FALL FOR THIS GUYS I AGREEEE SCAMMERS I KNOW PEOPLE WHO IS BEING LIQUIDATED BY THESE SCAMMERS. FILE A POLICE REPORT RIGHT AWAY!!!
 9th of Dec, 2011 by   Vin Smith 0 Votes
I have done my due diligence. I now see they are a scam. They did not get far enough along to snag me in their nets. I have, however, taken great advantage of a really good, on the up and up, biographical company. Marquis. I'm in a lot of their books, the original Who's Who ii America. They are solid, and Marquis was providing networking opportunities before the actual term was invented. Stay away from anything operated by the scammers at Ashford, aka lots of other pseudonyms... Vin Smith
 10th of Apr, 2012 by   eblair 0 Votes
I did a radio series with Ashford Radio. That went jut fine. I got a call in late Nov. from Ashford Publishing wanting me to do a video. I first said no but they called again so I thought I had good luck with the radio so I said ok. Signed the papers then my better good sense told me not to do this. I tried to contact them the same day but was not successful. I only had a 72 hour window of cancellation that they made impossible to meet. They would not return my calls. I finally got a hold of Sandra Smitty. I explained I wanted to cancel but she said that since I did not do so in the 72 hr. period I could not cancel so what she did was break up the 5, 000.00 into 3 payments. I did not want to do this but did not know what else to do. I have made over 50 phone calls to get something done. These people are shady. I am out $4000.00 can't get them to return my calls and I want someone to help me go to the right place to file a complaint. Do not do business with them they are crooks.
 19th of Jun, 2012 by   Been suckered by Ashford radio 0 Votes
Ashford Rado-Social Media-Publishing took me for all of my money and gave me absolutely nothing in return. I wanted to gain some exposure on a new business venture I took part in, knowing you have to spend money to make money. An Ashford salesman who claimed to be an "Executive Producer" called me to tell me that their team of editors found my information online and thought I would be an amazing addition to their International radio show.

I was told that I would be interviewed by one of their "celebrity" hosts in front of tens of millions of loyal fans throughout the world, gaining exposure and notoriety. I was promised that team Ashford would increase my visibility on search engines and they would create Press releases that would be streamlined through all the major media news outlets like the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, NBC, ABC, Washington Post, Bloomberg News and even the BBC.

I was told that I was receiving this package because of my credentials and the package that is usually $5000.00 would only cost me $2000.00. Well, I took the bait and did my radio shows with a Rose Clair, who was more nervous then I was during the interview. I didn't receive any callers that was promised, but overall I was proud of my performance in front of the "Millions" ;) listening throughout the world.

After I completed my show I was called by the "Real" Executive Producer John Broxton who touted me on my performance, and that I received a 94% ranking nationwide. The world Loved me and so did Ashford radio. I was told by this scam artist that he had plans for me, and that I needed to invest in more radio shows in order to gain international exposure. I was told I was going to be on the top AM and FM radio shows and I better act now before I miss this golden opportunity.

A series was proposed that I completed. (9 shows) I still didn't receive any responses what so ever. I was told by John Broxton that I needed to come to Long Island and do the Ashford experience. I was going be flown in first class, picked up by a limo, and stay at the Waldorf Astoria. I was going to meet the host and do an interview live on video that the whole world would see. I was told that I was going to meet the whole company and go out with them. I was told that if I did this Ashord experience and some videos that Success would be beating down my door. I was so excited when i embarked on my journey to Long Island to meet the team that would take me to a level I would never dream.

It turned out that I did not get to fly first class and I was not staying in the Waldorf. Instead I flew coach on my own dime and I stayed in some rat trap around the corner from the Ashford compound that was inundated with drug addicts and prostitutes. I didn't go out to dinner with anyone and I was left alone in a city that was unfamiliar after I completed my show that was documented by a video camera. This company promised me the world and came up short on every promise imaginable. After my shows and my life savings stolen from me( $80, 000.00) I didn't get anyone who reached out to me because of the shows.

I was so upset that no one contacted me after all the money and time I spent trying to market myself with this company. I tried to call John Broxton to try to figure out what was going on, but after he realized I had no more money to spend, he stopped returning my calls. I have come to realize that my press releases filled with grammatical errors never touched down on any news outlets. I found out that they created a page online that was free, that they knew no one would ever see it.

I realized that no one was listening to any of their shows and that these scam artists lied in order to get more money from me. According to Blogtalkradio.com anyone can sign up and start a radio show for free, and that you can find out how many people were listening on the radio page. I had an average of 1-2% of activity during my shows. I just recently found out that a class action lawsuit is being conducted by many others who share the same "experience" I have with Ashford radio. I was told that John Broxton is an alias for the convicted felon James Mcinerney.

I found some information on John Broxton, I mean James Mcinerney online. http://www.finra.org/Newsroom/NewsReleases/1998/P010421. This man was busted for stock fraud and now he is at it again in another industry. It has come to my attention that many of the staff at Ashford use aliases and share the same criminal past. Frank Madden is another alias. his real name is Frank Passarella and he is also a felon. Jeff Burton the owner of the company is a convicted felon as well. Sandra Smitty the "General manager is actual Maylin Then. Mr. James Preston is really Paul Smith and Janice Blake is Lee Dee Bouno another felon.

Please beware of this group of evil scam artists and I hope that the authorities take them down. I have been left with absolutely nothing, and hope justice will prevail after the investigation I sounded off with my credit card companies is complete. Please avoid this scandalous company.
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   jewel53 0 Votes
Having lost $5000.00 to these "sweet old boys" I was then called by someone named Jennifer who advised me that Jon Broxton had realized that Ashford was not doing the right thing by its clients and had left Ashford in order to form his own company.. Sweet "Jennifer" was calling former Ashford clients to "make it right" by offering a radio interview at the rock bottom price of $300.00 in an attempt to get my original monetary investment back from Ashford. Like a stupid idiot, I gave the $300.00. Received NO radio interview and the telephone number of dear, sweet Jennifer and Jon Broxton have been disconnected. I don't care what name the company is calling itself today! These people are members of a grand scheme to rip off everybody! Don't fall for it! If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Also, if someone calls to tell you that you and your services are the best thing since sliced bread - RUN do not WALK AWAY as fast as you can. IT WILL COST YOU DEARLY IF YOU DO NOT HEAD THIS ADVICE!
 26th of Sep, 2013 by   Evelyn Carter Victim 0 Votes
Frank Passarella has scammed a lot of people of their hard earned money. I have made complaints to the Attorney General and the DA. They have informed me that Frank Passarella uses AKA's Joe Cavaliere, Frank Madden, Tom Ryan. Frank Passarella is also a convicted felon and is going back to prison October 1st 2013 according to the law enforcement agency.

I have been working with the FBI and they discovered another victim of Frank Passarella has been scammed out of $16, 000. Stay Away from this company, He has another convicted felon running the joint by the name of Christopher Sweeney during Frank Passarella's prision term.

Better Business Bureau's Consumer Tips