logo

Paycheck

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Arlington Toyota, Jacksonville, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Sales Practices/Refund Issues

Arlingtontoyota.com Contacts & Informations

Arlington Toyota

Posted:    MikeJaxJag

Sales Practices/Refund Issues

Arlington Toyota
Jacksonville, Florida
Phone: 904-721-3000
I bought a vehicle from Arlington Toyota in Jacksonville, FL with 1300.00 down. Three weeks after I have the truck the dealership calls me and tells me the bank sent the contract back because they could not verify home phone service. I told them I have a cell phone I use for both home and work. They tell me I need to get a home phone, to call AT&T to get one. I said no.. I have a phone. They assured me it would be handled and they resubmitted the contract to the bank. Same thing happened again with the bank wanting me to have a home phone. In the end the dealership took the truck back and kept my 1300.00 down payment saying they were charging me for mileage and to detail the truck so they could sell it once again. Nice way to steal from a single dad trying to take care of his kids! Now I have no transporation and out my money!
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Dec, 2010 by   wess1981 0 Votes
Toyota Arlington Ethics and Business pratices are very doubtable. I bought a car from them and i was totally deceived with the auality of the car. they assured me that the car was in great condition but after driving it for 2900 miles I needed an engine. they sold me the car as is, even tho their online positng said it came with a waranty, and alot more, but I am just letting you know that the business as a whole is terrible. I think it is operated by the same person since the dealership I am talking about is Arlington Toyota in Illinois, but both seem to have the same president Mr. Gary Vicari. I guess he is a great representation of Ethics.. :)
Sorry dude but hey alot of these dishonest people and business are out there so be careful. I learned my leason and now i filed a complaint against them to the general attorney's office and if it doesnt work I will hire a lawyer. I will not let them get away with it even if i lose everything I have. Unethical pricks
 26th of Dec, 2010 by   Palatine Toyota Dealer 0 Votes
For all who read the complaint, please not e that the complaint is against Arlington Toyota in JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA, and NOT the Arlington Toyota in Palatine ILLINOIS.
Gary Vicari, President, Arlington Toyota, Palatine, IL.
 27th of Dec, 2010 by   wess1981 0 Votes
It seems like mr. Vicari is the president for both yet both locations are having ethical business practice issues. Thats just yet to show the leadership the president has. I guess if this gets to Toyota they will disqualify mr. Vicari from carrying their name for the ethical problems that his dealers are suffering from yet he can't seem to control them.
 20th of May, 2011 by   Used and abused everyday 0 Votes
You should see how he treats his employees..
 24th of Jul, 2011 by   Tommy Dorsey 0 Votes
As of 7/24/11, they still have unscrupulous practices. They were advertising a used car that stated it passed a 160 check list and all fluids/filters had been changed. That only cars that pass this rigorous test list are sold on their lot. There was no way this car had had any work performed on it. I checked a couple different fluids only to find very murky and completely discolored fluids.
When I asked the sales person about this, hum, ah, umm, I don't know, umm, blah, blah, blah.
They were quick to send me a reply when I inquired about the car, but after visiting the store, and coming back home to reply to their email, letting them know I was not happy, they completely ignored this new email.
I will never visit this store again and I will let others know of the issues.
 15th of Dec, 2012 by   zlatina 0 Votes
As of 12/14/12 they prove to be the most skillful experts in the whole industry in damaging your new car beyond recognition! Obviously Arlington Toyota in Palatine, IL and Arlington Toyota in Jacksonville, FL are the same people, although they deny it. Yes, as you google it, it shows that they are the same group! They are governed by the same unethical standards! To: wess1981, Sir, I hope you filed a complained with the general attorney's office because now is my turn! Those unscrupulous guys in Palatine damaged my new Toyota Corolla (less than an year old) beyond recognition while at service with them under the warranty!!! And I am a single woman and an immigrant to this country! They thought that they would be able to take an advantage of this because I have no protection by anybody! But they cannot imagine how strong I am since I have survived so far and even could afford buy from them a brand new car!!! If I do not find help through the state attorney's office, I definetely will take them to court! I have all the paperwork, the photos, even the physical dust from buffing the car without my permission is still inside the doors because the "smart "guys just forgot to clean it! And I will not clean it, it just perfectly stays inside the doors as a proof! I will request a jury! I will get the media involved! And I will see how they will look at me in my eyes in front of the judge and the jury!!! If the people who read all these posts do not believe what we say, they will find themselves in our boat!!! I did not believe Arlington Toyota completely lacks ethics until I saw it! And now instead of enjoying my vacation, I have to spend it in court houses!!!
 15th of Dec, 2012 by   wess1981 0 Votes
Zlatina,
let me know if you require witness support in court, I would go the extra mile to give them what they deserv, which is a serious charge in the court of law.

Forensic Loan Audit Reveals Potential Mortgage Fraud