logo

NetSpeand
Wont give me my money
4. (21 mins ago)
Netspend Prepaid Visa Card
Ripped off my money placed a hold on my account
5. (21 mins ago)
Lashea
lack of service & stolen money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2012-05-22 by    tracinedward

CANCELLATION

ANYTIME FITNESS
Iowa
We went in and spoke with the owner of ANYTIME FITNESS and explained we were moving to another state, he gladly looked up on his computer and found we were not going to be close to any ANYTIME FITNESS, closest one would be 3 hrs away from where we were moving, this was in MAY 2011 we then decided we were gonna cancel our membership, he was charging us $90.00 cancellation fee, we agreed that would have to be fine we were moving in June 2011 so we would use the gym until then and it would be canceled after that and no more monthly charges, WELL THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED... I just recently had to look on our online bank account and found that every month they have been taking out $49.17 and even on 3/15/12 they took out $8.50 plus on 3/20/12 took out the $49.17, well I tried 3 times calling there to find out WHY and how to stop this, no answer even with looking on their site to see their in staff hrs and called during those times nobody answered, FINALLY TODAY I get an answer, she was not concerned with my issue even after explaining in detail step by step what has happened, all she said was let me take your number and call you back, well I am still waiting for a call back, surely it doesnt take but a few minutes to pull up a file and see that they have been charging us every month even though we have not been there and we have moved (as I explained to her) I looked on the ANYTIME FITNESS website and seen that exemptions are made for cancellation fees (WE WERE NOT TOLD THIS BY THE OWNER WE WE TOLD HIM WE WERE MOVING) for 2 reasons health and moving, the state clearly how to go about getting the exemptions which we would have gladly sent him a proof of utility bill in out name in our new home, he never offered that information to us BIGGEST ISSUE I HAVE IS... We are still getting charged every month for something we canceled a YEAR AGO... Anyone have advice on how to get this money back that is due us and get this situation resolved. I am not happy at all about what has taken place and am going to contact Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce there and anyone else I need to to resolve this issue and stop it., ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
Comments United States Fitness Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Sep, 2009 by   newidforu 0 Votes
Be careful because they will rip you off!

First they lock you into a one year contract with no possibility of termination. They continue withdrawing money from your credit/debit card and if you refuse to pay or if you want to cancel, it goes on your credit history as unpaid dues. After my one year contract was done, they said I could cancel anytime I wanted. I tried canceling and was billed an additional month's fee because of some mumbo jumbo fine print about needing a 30 day advance written letter. The customer service sucks and I recommend staying away from them. The billing company ABC also rips you off openly. Stay away folks. Its not worth your time or money joining anytime fitness.
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   Complaint should be removed. +1 Votes
Come on man, take some responsibility and quit complaining. Do you have a copy of your original signed member agreement? If not ask for it from the club... It's only 1 page and has 1 paragraph "MEMBERS RIGHT TO CANCEL"... Your arm wasn't twisted to join! Simple. Take Care.
 4th of Jun, 2010 by   raymon09 0 Votes
Here is the deal, i went in to Anytime Fitness on Judge Ely BLVD in abilene to tour the facility. i liked the gym so i decided that i was going to join the gym, so i told them that i would come back on the 8th when i got paid and i would pay to join the gym. well i guess he is the manager, ABEL, had told me that he had 4 of the ZERO ENROLMENT gift cirtificates to give away, so he said what he would do is give me and a friend Michael Gordy one of those LOVELY SCAMS. so here is what the deal is supposed to be, we get a ZERO ENROLMENT cirtificate and we dont have to pay anything for the enrolment, well that is WRONG! we are still having to pay the 96.37 or what ever it is that we have to pay for THE ENROLMENT. so since i didnt know i still had to pay the enrolment fee it is puttin me in DEBT because i cant afford to be paying 123.70 and my bills. and when i told ABEL to take the money from my acct, and he waited 2 DAYS repeat 2 DAYS, after i told him to take the money so 2 days when he decided that he wanted to take the money i had my personal bills (cell phone, light, water, internet ect...) and after i paid my bills i ran out of money. so i went up to talk to ABEL so i called him and told him i would be around there around 7:30pm to talk something over with him, well i called him and he wasnt there TWICE, i have witnesses to proove that! so i then went up there and he WASN'T there. so it is like i have made every attempt to pay him and he just avoids me. So i decide i want to CANCEL my membership, so then i was pretty much told there is NO WAY POSSIBLE TO CANCEL A MEMBERSHIP. so i have been trying and trying to get this damn thing cancelled and it is very impossible to get it cancelled. i dont want the gym and it is WORTHLESS to have it. when somebody takes a good place that i really liked until i MET abel. he pressured me into this and even scammed me by saying that we got a ZERO ENROLMENT CIRTIFICATE. i am giving you all a WARNING: DO NOT ACCEPT THE ZERO ENROLLMENT FORMS! IT IS A SCAM
 10th of Jun, 2010 by   jpars 0 Votes
I totally dissagree, this is the MOST professional fitness center I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. The staff is beyond willing to help with any questions I have ever had, they are honest, friendly and very professional. The fitness certer itself is always clean and had the most updated equipment, price does not matter to me because I am paying for the service, cleanliness and friendliess of the staff. Abel actually sold me my membership and he was very upfront about the cost, there were no surprises! I read my contract, perhaps you should have done the same!
 22nd of May, 2012 by   CommonsenseIMHO1 0 Votes
In the meantime, did you contact your bank so you won't have any future withdrawals?

3 Ways to Get Free Checking