logo

unfair charges, misreprestentation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Andrews School for Medical Transcription, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Complaints & Reviews - False Advertising Regarding Wages

Andrews School for Medical Transcription Contacts & Informations

5601 NW 72nd #167
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Phone: (405) 721-3555
andrewsschool.com
The Andrews School for Medical Transcription advertises, and indeed boasts, that upon graduation from their course, you can expect to earn decent wages. WARNING: IT'S NOT TRUE! RUN, DO NOT WALK AWAY!!

On the school's website, click on their link that states "How much can I earn as a medical transcriptionist?" From there you are directed to a page on the website of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes319094.htm ---

And on that page, you read that the lowest reported hourly wage for a medical transcriptionist is $10.65. Now you're thinking, "Hey, that's not bad to start, and over the years my wages will go up from there!"

This all begins to seem like a great deal for you, especially when you consider that increasing numbers of MTs, indeed most of them, work from their home offices, either as independent contractors or as telecommuting employees. So, most likely, you would be working from home and earning this very decent money, in your exciting new career with a bright future, as a medical transcriptionist. Right?! --WRONG!!!

Time for the truth: Entry-level medical transcriptionists earn wages which are frequently below the minimum wage. Yes, it is legal in this situation. They are customarily paid between 3 cents and 7 cents per line of transcribed dictation. Most entry-level MTs work for several months before they can consistently produce 1000 line per day. Let's do the math. If you are paid 7 cents per line and you produce 1000 lines per day, then you have grossed $70.00. If you produce this consistently for 5 days of the week, you have grossed $350.00. But hold on! How many hours did it take you to produce those 1000 lines of transcribed dictation? For at least the first year or more, it is not uncommon to expect to work 60-70 hours per week or more, for those same wages. So what are your real hourly wages, after you calculate for having slaved at your computer roughly 60+ hours per week, for your gross pay of about $350 or so?!?! About $5.00 per hour or so?!?! And for the first few months, your rate of production will be considerably LESS than 1000 lines per day.

Back to the wages quoted on the website for the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics: What do those dollar amounts mean? They are numbers based upon national averages only and, as stated on the BLS website, THESE DOLLAR AMOUNTS DO NOT INCLUDE WAGES OF SELF-EMPLOYED WORKERS whatsoever. If wages of self-employed MTs had been factored into the numbers, the hourly wage amounts would be a great deal less.

For those who are doggedly determined to stay with it, yes, over the years, your line count will increase as will your income. But most MTs begin their careers by working extremely long hours and actually earning some of the most alarmingly miniscule wages you have ever heard of in your life. Suddenly, your home office has become a sweatshop--not exactly what you had in envisioned when you decided to take a course in medical transcription! The work of an MT is tremendously skill-intensive and challenging. It is hard work, and it is thankless work. About 15-20 years ago, beginning MTs actually earned a decent living wage. But times change: One reason for the deterioration in wages of MTs has been the outsourcing of jobs to third-world workers; another might be the increased use of speech-recognition software, with the result that transcriptionists are reduced to editors and paid less for what is an equally demanding job.

The problem here is the great deception created by advertising of prospective wages for medical transcriptionists, in order to lure new students into enrolling in the course. The reality is that if you graduate from the Andrews School course, or from any other MT course, you absolutely will be able to find a job as an MT, working from your home computer. But you will work inhumanely long hours over work that is exceedingly challenge and demanding, and your actual earnings will be LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE for at least the first several months.

The turn-over of entry-level MTs is huge. This is why there are always job openings for new graduates of any medical transcription school. People are lured into taking these courses with promises of decent wages for a work-at-home job as a medical transcriptionist. They work for a few months, 60+ hours per week, earning about $5.00 or less per hour, and then they quit--long before reaching a level of productivity which produces a livable wage.

Look at the employment ads from the larger MT national service companies, such as Spheris, or Webmedx, or TRS, or Medware, or any one of numerous others. Find out what they pay entry-level MTs and ask how many hours those people are actually working. Do not believe advertisements run by MT schools, and do not believe wage information reported in any other industry-related website if they have any vested interest in getting your business. No matter what you read elsewhere, the fact is that entry-level MTs earn essentially no money at all, which is why the turn-over is so high.

Also, it should be mentioned that the Andrews School for Medical Transcription advertises that their course will help you become equipped to run your own home-based business. No, sorry, but their course actually offers no training at all in this regard--ZERO. Graduating from the Andrews School, you are no better trained than a monkey to start up your own MT service.

Schools which offer this sort of training are a dime a dozen. One school is no better than another if the job waiting for you upon graduation does not pay you a living wage, and MT just flat does not.

This is a more sophisticated scam, but a scam nonetheless. Do not fall for it!!
Comments United States Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Apr, 2009 by   Kat 0 Votes
Thank you for your input. I've been taken before (Heald College, IT program).
 23rd of May, 2009 by   dragonflower 0 Votes
I worked as a medical transcriptionist for 10 years in a hospital setting. It is not the fault of the Andrews Transcription School that transcriptionists are paid such low wages. It is the current state of the industry.

The only way you can make a living wage as a transcriptionist is if you are employed at a hospital where you are on a straight hourly wage.

In the hospital where I worked, we did have several graduates of the Andrews school. I was impressed with the training offered, because these gals all came to us with very polished transcription skills - they knew their stuff!

So, from what I could tell, Andrews does deliver what they advertise - that is, they do offer the training to make you a good medical transcriptionist. The problem is that the bottom has fallen out of the industry.

Incidentally, I no longer work as a medical transcriptionist because all of my former hospital work is now outsourced to India where they can pay dirt wages.

Oh - I should mention that prior to doing medical transcription I earned 3 degrees in music - B.Mus, M.A. and D.Mus - and still could not find a job in my field. I had all the training and pedigrees, but could not earn a living in music.

Transcription at least got me a JOB which was more than I could find in music. The hospital transcription was flexible and paid modestly. I would have stayed if they had not outsourced it to India.

Instead, I returned to school and became a nurse so I would have a more marketable degree.

Dar
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   ErinHWilliams 0 Votes
I have been a transcriptionist for the last 3 years and went through M-TEC. I made $68, 000 last year working an average of 35 hours a week as an employee and I am ONLY PAID ON PRODUCTION NOT HOURLY. If you are smart enough and good enough at being an MT you can definitely make the money. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   its none of your business 0 Votes
Wow, Erin, pretty good!

So how much did you start out at? Did you try starting out online for .06c per line? What was your line count per day to begin with? The standard 500 which most entrants do? Or, had you been typing all your life, with 50, 000 word expanders in place for years?

So how much are you getting paid per line now? Still the standard .06c per line? Why don't you come up with some believable figures? Or perhaps you are a school owner...
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   new MT 0 Votes
This website's information is sad but true. Do not be taken in by Andrews or M-TEC or any other school regarding income expectations. I graduated from Andrews about a year ago, and I am still lucky if I make $3.00/hour as an IC (independent contractor). Yes, I get to work out of my home, but the hours are long and stressful. Medical transcription does not pay what it used to. It is the sweatshop of our time. It takes years to learn an expander program and get all the words and phrases into it, and then you will maybe make $25, 000/year.
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   viola33 0 Votes
I am also and Andrews grad as of nearly 3 years ago. While i think the use of the word "scam" is unfortunate, I agree with the gist of the OP. I was making more than minimum wage fairly quickly, and in my first job, I even did fairly well. However, I lost that position due to technology issues (no complaints about my performance), and since then I have worked for another company where I have been unable to make more than $10/hour. The experience of the majority of MTs I know (I run one discussion board and participate on others) is very similar. Are there niches where you can make good money? Yep. Will most MTs find them? Nope.

In my opinion, Andrews is not a "scam." Even the OP points out that a viable government site was referenced to support income information. There are a number of issues with those data, as many in the field who have researched this can support. More to the point, the field is changing/dying as technology - voice recognition and clinician-generated medical records - are changing/demolishing this field.

Should Andrews still be recruiting students and charging them nearly $5000/year (the highest tuition in the biz) to train them for a field that does not in fact result in living wages for most of its graduates? I don't know. I wouldn't.

I, though, wish I had found information of this kind BEFORE I spent a year of my life training, and several years of my life working, in this field.
 14th of Oct, 2009 by   MT or NOT? 0 Votes
Sadly, I am going through this course right now and it's making me wonder, did I do the right thing? The course is hard, especially when you have no medical knowledge at all. I'm a great typist and thought... that I had great grammar skills but not according to the school. In my opinion, you should be tested in the acceptance stage thoroughly... for not only your typing skills, but for your grammar, punctuation, etc. Yes, they do ask you about your punctuation, but they do not test you.

So my question to Viola 33, if I pass it through this course, is it worth it in the long run? To be spending $3800, not to mention the LONG hours studying and transcribing, to be "knocked" down when you receive your grades (while in training) thinking that a "79" would be a passing score only to find out that it's an "F"? Yes, you have that opportunity to make it up with more studying and LONGER hours, but will you succeed? What happens if you graduate and try to find a job? From what I'm hearing, it doesn't sound very promising with the pay scale. In my previous jobs (I'm currently unemployed), I was making $60, 000 plus a year...not in the MT profession.

I think I made a big mistake taking this course. The pay scale is not worth ALL the long hours, the stress in learning, and to be "knocked" down in a learning process with an unfair Grading Scale. I had a teacher look at this scale and her comment to me was, " I think the grading system is too harsh for someone who is just beginning this type of career. It makes no sense to me. If I was a teacher at that school, I would fight to change that grading system and design my own grading. I would refuse to use that grading system. There seems to be no learning curve and that's not fair."

I value you comments back, as I really don't know, if I should continue to waste my time and only to find out it's not worth it in the end.
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   transcription16 0 Votes
I was surprised to read all the negative comments regarding the Andrews School, and the field of medical transcription in general. I have been in the field for over 15 years and have found it nothing but a positive experience - a challenge to continually improve and learn. One has to love typing, and love the challenge, to love this work. It's hard work! There are plenty of opportunities for those qualified to have the benefit of working from home - and the hourly rate only improves the more you improve. I hope those of you who are struggling find your niche. For me it has been a wonderful career - and sure made paying college tuitions easier.
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   viola33 0 Votes
MT or Not -

I am sorry for the delay in responding.

The best way I can answer you is to say that, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't.

In all fairness, I will say that I 'paid the rent' (barely) for the 3 years I did MT. I will also say that, as the last post indicates, there are some nice niches out there. Most importantly, I will say that Andrews is well regarded in the industry, and you are MUCH more likely to be allowed to test for employment with an Andrews diploma.

Re grading, if you can't deal with Andrews' grading, you can't deal with real QA. BELIEVE me, they are just as picky and obsessed with minutiae. If you can't handle it at Andrews, you won't be able to handle it in the field. That is ONE thing they are dead on about. If you have just begun, you are NOT being graded as harshly as you will by the end of the course, and employment tests and real world QA will make what you're dealing with now look like a walk in the park. I graduated Andrews with a 96 average, never did any of their supplemental work, and failed my first employment test.

The reality of entering the field now, as opposed to 15 years ago (and Linda Andrews herself has told me she realizes the field has changed a great deal during the last few years), is:

- You may spend weeks or months getting a job. Again, you will do better than other grads, and many find some kind of employment quickly; but I know several grads who spent months looking for work. You won't see that on the Andrews chat boards, certainly not until you get to 'the grad board'. Despite their good rep, I know of one company that won't hire Andrews grads.

- You won't make more than minimum wage for a number of months, maybe even for your first year. This is not something anyone who is being honest about current employment in this field will dispute.

- You MAY eventually find a niche where you can make good money. Some people do. The majority of people I know have gone from one job to another, none of them making more than $25, 000/year, and some a good deal less. There are statistics (as noted above) that show the average salary to be in the mid $30s, but I have seen articles and posts to the effect that these statistics do not differentiate among employees, ICs, quality assurance, and business owner salaries. Obviously the majority of MTs are employees. Starting line rates run from 3 cpl for editing (using speech recognition) or 6 pcl for typing to maybe 6 cpl for editing and 9 cpl for typing. Most are at the lower end. If you do the math, you have to produce at a pretty good clip to make money. Suggestion: After you have done one of your practices for accuracy and corrected it, do it again for speed. Time yourself, and do it as quickly as you can and still have it accurate. Then use Word's 'word count' function. It will give you a character count. Divide that by 65, and you will have a rough line count. See what it comes out to per hour. Then realize that at 7cpl, if you do 150 lines per hour (the minimum at many companies), you will be making $10.50/hour. Yes, that is as far away as it seems. Is it possible? Sure. Is it worth what you have to do to get there...?

- If you are not fairly tech savvy, you are going to have a very difficult time in this field. Andrews does NOT emphasize - or, in my opinion, even address - technical aspects of this work. They advertise that they do. That is incorrect. M-Tec has a tech instructor and curriculum. Andrews explains this by saying that every platform, every employer, has different requirements and software. That's true; but if you don't have some good general understanding of computers and software, and especially if you don't have a good handle on Word and word processing, AND a good idea of how text expanders work (you, as an Andrews grad, won't have the latter), you are going to struggle with technical issues as well as learning transcription. One thing that became very obvious to me a very short time after graduating is that most of the instructors there, and definitely their 'tech person, ' have no idea what using a current-day transcription platform is like. Among the things that tell me this is that I know for a fact that one of their instructors is using a dialup connection to work there. Any MT job board (e.g. mtjobs.com) will show you that a dialup connection is not sufficient for 90% of the jobs that are out there; maybe 95%.

- Everything else aside, some people are just NOT cut out for this work, and you can graduate Andrews without figuring that out, because they WON'T tell you all this. My first employer hired 3 Andrews grads; me, a friend of mine, and another one. My friend and I did okay (with the limited work we got), but she let the other one go after a few weeks because of lack of speed and skill. This particular employer makes it a point to take care of new MTs, and she doesn't have specific production requirements; she just couldn't continue to support this person. That's 1 out of 3. Is that a valid statistic? Of course not; but it also tells you something. I know of other intelligent, resourceful people who graduated Andrews only to find that they did not in fact have the complete set of skills they needed to become productive employees. Some might, with training in those skills, have been okay; others are just not production minded or "MT material." Because Andrews doesn't train/test you in these areas, you can graduate from Andrews and not know this. Does this happen to people in every field? Of course. Do you need/deserve accurate information about it? Absolutely.

Most employers now are huge transcription companies who contract with hospitals and hospital systems. If you are lucky, you work with a pool of doctors on 1 or 2 accounts, and you become familiar with them. If you are not, well - I have known people who had to work on as many as 12 accounts simultaneously, all with different specific requirements in terms of formatting and style. I think most new MTs are very surprised to learn how many clinicians, especially in hospitals, are ESLs (English as a second language). Many ESLs are considerate and clear spoken. When they are not, this is challenging at best and nearly impossible at worst, and most importantly it wreaks havoc with speech recognition. Even if the software does 'learn' the accented English, it won't correct syntax and grammar, and that means you are having to CORRECT (meaning remove and replace) text, for less per line/character than if you were simply typing it.

The first job I landed out of school was with a tiny company, and I was assigned the same dictators day in and day out. I got to a point where I was averaging $15/hour - WHEN there was work. I never got enough. At my second job, it was the worst-case scenario mentioned above, and after a year and a half, I was still transcribing docs I'd never heard before EVERY DAY, 90+% of them ESLs. I was averaging maybe $10/hour.

I am a member of mtchat.com, and I run a private chat group consisting of future, present, and past MTs. As I say, I know some folks who have found a niche and are doing okay. By far most of the people I am in contact with have had to job hop and are still doing so, and the others have left the field.

Speech recognition/voice recognition are used by big transcription companies to prop up their bottom line - at the expense of yours. More telling, to me, is the development of EMR - electronic medical records. There is debate about exactly how this is impacting, will impact, on the field of MT; but there is no argument that it is affecting it and will continue to do so, at the expense of MT jobs. Is it a good thing for health care in general? Honestly I think it is. That doesn't change the reality that it is replacing MT jobs.

Many companies also take advantage of the fact that you are working at home to require you to buy your own equipment, etc. At the very least they will require you to have a reference library. Andrews graduates have good ones; but you may well be required to purchase other software and/or references, and companies rarely do that. Some will supply a computer and other equipment, and you can certainly limit your job search to those companies; just realize that you are then restricting your employability.

Should you pursue this? Only you can decide that. It depends on your goals and priorities. You will be losing at least some money already if you leave the course. To me, spending several thousand dollars and a year of blood, sweat and tears (and boy, do I remember what you are going through!) to earn less than a living wage in an industry that uses and abuses home workers was a mistake. It (barely) kept me going until I left the field, but subtracting the hours I spent learning and the money I have spent on tuition, equipment and references, I have not earned much more than minimum wage in the 3 years I was in the field.

Is it critical that you stay at home? Is flexibility more important than decent money? Or, are you willing and able to search for and/or switch jobs until you find that niche? Are you ready, willing and able to deal with the changes in the field, and the fact that MT jobs are already being lost to EMR, and many more are likely to follow?

If you need to make even decent money within the next couple years; if you want steady employment with a steady income; if you face any of the obstacles mentioned above; or if you aren't lucky enough to land one of the rare 'gems' out there; I would say you would do better elsewhere. If you like transcription and are a good typist, you can try general transcription. Google it. Also, go to transcriptionessentials.com and check out their chat board. It's a tad snarky, but there's a wealth of info. Even if you get into it and decide it's not for you, you won't have wasted a year and several thousand dollars before you figure that out. The money seems to be just as good or maybe better for most general transcriptionists, although QA and higher ups at MT companies probably do better.

I have often been accused of 'having a negative attitude.' Of course, this is usually by someone who has managed to find one of those niches. Believe me, I did not start out this way. I WISH someone had been this honest with me before I got myself into this.

Lastly, I will tell you that some of us brought up these topics and difficulties at Andrews, and the ENTIRE DISCUSSION has been removed from the boards. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa, but doesn't it tell you something that the entire topic is apparently too 'hot, ' too problematic, for it to remain on the Andrews boards?

I can't decide for you; all I can do is tell you, as honestly as I know how, what I know. Best of luck to you. If you decide to go on with this, at least it won't be as much of a rude awakening as it was for me and many people I know.

viola
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   its none of your business 0 Votes
I have been reading boards where there are lots of people who claim that they are making such a pittance by North American standards by telecommuting in this field (way less than minimum wage in any North American territory, including Canada, and the United States). Anyway, the only thing is that in order for the general public to read these boards, I think that they have to be members of those boards.

Perhaps, the moderators of some of these boards could make it possible for the general public to VIEW the boards without having to sign up? I think that most forums have the capability of this feature.

Also: Schools who have pages up that have pictures of figures of pay - perhaps potential students should spend some time analyzing these, and asking hard questions, like: ok, that $10, 000 per year, is it for 8 hour per day, 5 days a week? Make sure to find out what is the average line count a graduate student does, and then ask to be put into contact with graduating, telecommuting students.

Also: Employment agencies who are currently recommending medical transcription as a retraining option, or starting career to people may not be aware of the problem. Perhaps most people doing research are only relying on government payscale statistics citing in-house hospital (union wages). How willing are the schools to put potential students in contact with telecommuting students? If a school is not willing to discuss this issue with a potential student, perhaps the student should RUN!!!

Also, government agencies may not be aware of this problem - perhaps they should look long and hard at this problem before retraining anyone to this field? Also, if graduating students are contacting government agencies to try to make them aware of the problem, but the goverment agencies are turning a blind eye, then that is another problem, right?
 7th of Nov, 2009 by   its none of your business 0 Votes
I forgot to mention above regarding schools - if a potential student asks a school what the average line count is for a graduated student, and they say something like "oh, it all depends on the student", I would RUN!!! I think they should know the average line count per hour. That is a very easy, and crucially important statistic to get!!

And, if a school hoohahas, or hohums, remains mum, or switches to intimidation tactics over the issues of telecommuting pay, I would RUN!!!
 2nd of Dec, 2009 by   SSusan 0 Votes
After being an MT for 30 years, it amazes me how these schools promote employment upon graduation. For those of us in the industry, companies like Webmedx continue to hire, however, there isn't enough work for existing workers and many are complaining that their income has dropped to below minimum wage. This is the reality regardless of what these schools tell you. Check out MTStars and read the posts and contact people who actually work for these companies. It's almost a crime to take your hard earned money to enroll in a program that very well may not yield more income than working at MacDonald's!
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   rebecca44 0 Votes
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I am 29 years old and am desperately seeking a career choice that gets me where myself and my family needs me to be in the near future. I appreciate this information. It sounds like you just gave me back the money and time I would have wasted in an education toward this not so rewarding career! Thank you, thank you, a million times thank you!
 6th of Feb, 2010 by   Spiritude 0 Votes
I resonate with the above comment!

I'm expecting a baby this summer and I was looking forward to being a stay at home, working, mom... I thought being a MT would be perfect! but after reading these posts, I'm beginning to change my mind...

Does anyone have any other ideas, in terms of working from home?
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   Fleur de lis 0 Votes
But get real feedback from experienced MTs who have been there, done that. They'll tell aspiring MTs exactly what they can expect. goMDT.com
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) 0 Votes
See mtchat.com

11th of Aug, 2010 by   Sketchers 0 Votes
Andrews School, for me, was a waste of time and money. They are so high-up there, making money, having everyone thinking it is the best school to go to, and they can't even leave a "hot topic" on one of their boards open for the world to see. What are they afraid of? They are so strict with their students grades, so why can't they face some criticism. Andrews does give the student a lot of preparation, and materials. There is a lot in the product of Andrews School, but the grading system is no good for the student. Doesn't really give the student hope, incentive, confidence or motivation to do better. The grading system is too far out of the average student's reach. Andrews knows this. They are all in it only for the money.
Sketchers
 11th of Aug, 2010 by   Sketchers 0 Votes
O.k., a lot of business are in it "for the money". What I am trying to say about Andrews is that the school is established and I'm sure a lot of hard work went into it; which is maybe why they don't want to leave themselves wide open on one of their own boards to hear the students' complaints on what they (the school ) calls a hot topic. The school does offer a lot, but it has to change with the times. The amount of money the MT makes now and what a student has to go through to become a good MT; it isn't worth it, unless that student is just naturally suited or talented towards medical transcription.
It is very hard to teach someone how to hear or listen. Andrews tries with their teachers, but the school has to change with the times and I feel they have to be less strict on their grading system and less pressure on their students who do also have personal lives to carry on with along with their studies and devotion to a medical transcription school that they paid a lot of money for to get a good career.
Sketchers
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   Experienced CMT 0 Votes
I am an MT with over 25 years of experience. When I was in a hiring role, Andrews was the ONE school I could always hire from. Their graduates are top notch. I don't agree with the comments that you can graduate from Andrews if you don't know what you are doing. Yes, you do have to have a good typing speed to be successful, it's the nature of the industry. As for the grading scale, if you can't cut it with that, then it's not likely you will succeed in the profession. These are patient's medical records; if they aren't accurate, a patient could have a negative outcome. It's really that simple and there is no substitution for quality. You wouldn't want less on your own medical records and neither would I.
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   1Schipperke 0 Votes
Oh, come on. I'm a student at Andrews School right now, about half-way through my MT course. I went in knowing that jobs are getting harder to get in this field, no one at the school tried to tell me otherwise when I spoke with them before registering. I'd done my research and I even have a bit of experience in the field, having spent a few months subbing work for a friend of mine who has been in the field for 30+ years. Of course she oversaw me carefully but she said I did surprisingly well. I have other transcription experience, worked for the studios doing TV/Movie transcription for about 6 years.
Here's the skinny... Andrews IS tough on their grading. And I have no room to complain since I've been graded fairly all the way so far. Andrews offers remedial work for those students who have hit a problem and need it. I haven't needed it (yet), but those who have post that it has really helped them a lot. I chose Andrews because I talked to people who hire transcriptionists and they all told me that they'd give me a chance to test IF I graduated with a good grade from Andrews. That is the key... I HAVE to work from home, I'm disabled and have no choice. That I will have to take a lower salary in order to work at all is a problem I will have to deal with but Andrews School is giving me a chance to at least make a survival wage, which I can't do right now. I did start out fully aware of the situation and when I broached it with Linda Andrews she was very up front about it. This really does sound like sour grapes. No school worth its salt is going to pamper students at the adult level, not if they care about the students doing well when they graduate. This IS hard work, it's not easier once you are a working transcriptionist. Deadlines, ESL, and hard work is what is in store after you finish this work...that's just the way it is. If you want to do well you need to get the best education you can afford and that leaves you with a choice of two schools.. one of those is Andrews.

Scam Artists Preying On Trusting Elderly