I have been getting repeated calls from Ameriloan re a loan that was secured on-line, approximately two years ago, in my mother's name. My mother at that time was 95 years old, has macular degeneration in her eyesight and has never owned or used a computer. I suspected it was obtained by her daughter who was her in-home care provider and had a computer and was known to use my mother's ss money for gambling. I furnished pertinent info to Ameriloan and filed an identity theft report and furnished that info to Ameriloan. The calls abated for a short period and then started-up again. Approximately 2 weeks ago I called Ameriloan and talked to a John Webster and advised him that I was in NO WAY RESPONSIBLE for the loan and told him that if the calls did not cease I would contact an attorney and explore my options. Today, 09/14/2009, I received another call and called the number provided and again talked to the same John Webster. Again, I advised him that I was in no way responsible for the loan and that there is no way my mother is responsible for repayment. In addition, I again advised that if the calls didn't stop I would contact an attorney to see about suing for harrassment. He told me he had no ability to stop the calls and when I asked for another number to talk to somebody that could he told me it would be customer service and they would refer me back to him. He was very curt and said he had nothing further to say or discuss. He also said that Ameriloan's collections dept determined nothing came of the id theft report and would continue collections. When I asked who they intended to collect from, he stated "probably nobody" to which I replied, "that's correct". He then hung up.
I cannot believe that this company is allowed to even be in business let alone continue their shady practices. This company needs to be sued out of business and I am going to explore that option.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans
Was the above complaint useful?

AmeriLoan Logo AmeriLoan