logo

engine n parts Ltd,
Faulty Car
3. (20 mins ago)
enutra-101
receiving pills in the mail that i did NOT order
4. (31 mins ago)
ATT
Rebate scam/Deceptive Practices
5. (34 mins ago)
Ryan Smith
I think Ryan Smith tries to cheat out of my money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

American TV & Appliance, Appleton, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews - Lies, Lousy Customer Service, Warranty Problems

American TV & Appliance Contacts & Informations

American TV & Appliance

Posted:    Mysteryshopper1

Lies, Lousy Customer Service, Warranty Problems

4750 Grande Market Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin
STAY AWAY from American TV & Appliance! I am not simply saying this because I had a horrible experience, but they turned tail and ran when time came to honor my WARRANTY!

I'm not even going to waste much breath here, but we purchased furniture with them with an extended 5 year warranty. When their Warranty Company went under (from what American claimed), they chose not to honor anything further. My furniture was only 6 months old before I started having problems.

I contacted the Warranty Company (Guardsman) and was told that it was actually American who cancelled the contract with them. In fact, Guardsman offered to continue covering American Customer warranties until they expired but American refused! Can you believe that! Straight from the 'horse's mouth'!

All in all - cheap furniture, lousy customer service, and poor management make this an incredibly lousy furniture company!
Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More American TV & Appliance complaints
American TV & Appliance - Poor service

Comments

15th of Apr, 2010 by   kal98 0 Votes
This person clearly is either defaming American or has no idea what they are talking about. American TV & Appliance is an authorized reseller of Guardsman service. The customer perhaps did not follow the clearly described requirements for submitting a claim. I have had 2 pieces of furniture damaged by stains that were promptly replaced by Guardsman and quickly delivered by American with no problems.
 29th of May, 2010 by   ZZ TopER 0 Votes
heeehawwwrrrrrhhaaa heeeeherrrrwaahhaaaa hhhheeee hrrr haaa hah ahhh haaa wehaa aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   monto396 0 Votes
I have a Frigidaire refrigerator/freezer a liitle over a year old purchased at American with a service warranty. WE CALLED THE FIRST TIME jUNE 23 a sevice tech has been here 3 times June 25 June 29th and July2nd he was supposed to return July 6th to FINALLY fix it got a phone call that morning (aftr we cancelled plans and made arrangements to be home AGAIN ) saying they had to wait on a part that SHOULD be in July 15th...that will make 4 "SERVICE" calls and almost a month living out of a cooler w ice! If you want to be victimized and put up with being an expieriment for an incompetent "service" department then by all means go spend your money at American TV and appliances
 4th of Aug, 2010 by   Ticked in Iowa 0 Votes
American Appliance Furniture, etc. is a terrible company to work with! Customer service is disgraceful. They never told us our furniture was only covered by the 3-month manufacturer warranty. When the finish on our dining room table went bad in the first 3 months, they replaced it, but when it went bad again 5 months after that, they refused to do a single thing about it since it was out of the manufacturer warranty period. The guy who sold us the furniture said it was covered for a year, but now he's left the company and the sales and service people have said it was never in writing and it's not their problem. They gave me a constant run-around with no explanation except "there's nothing we can do because it's out of warranty." They repeated this as if they were programmed robots. One rep, named "Mitch" hung up on my husband and when he called back she said he had pushed a button by mistake, which he did not. The are the worst furniture company in the history of the world.

Ebay Paypal Scam, Seller Beware!

Latest Groups