logo

Movielush
Hacked my bank account!
4. (19 mins ago)
tn lottery
cheating player out of thier money
5. (29 mins ago)

Alpine Lion Boerboels

Posted: 2011-03-01 by    Davis Cassie

Purchase

New Mexico
I have a 23 month old boerboel who is terrified of people, children, wind, trains, cars, garbarge trucks, other dogs, etc. I don't know why she has encounted these things before but you would never know it by her response. She has been nervous since I got her, when I picked her up from her breeder it appeared to me that she had never been out of a cardboard box area that was on a concrete slab. She completely went into herself when she was removed from her littermates and in my opinion she became a nervous, fearful dog. She has been exposed to other dogs (puppy socializing classes, doggie parks, the neighborhood, long walks, hikes, etc.) but she is not really that curious about them or things around her as it seems she just wants run from the sounds or to tear a dog up because she's afraid. I always get comments about how great she looks, or asked if it's ok to pet her, when she is approached she moves and hides behind me. What can I do?

She has been in 8 dog fights with 2 needing to be taken to the vet and each time she was the one who attacked first. I can't trust her and I don't like the fact that she's afraid of everything. Have you ever encountered such a dog and what did you do.

Casandra Davis
Comments United States Dog Breeders
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Apr, 2011 by   avaluck 0 Votes
I would recommend taking her to Dee Blanco, a homeopathic vet in Santa Fe-- she's GREAT with animal behavioral issues. Give her a call and discuss the issue with her: 505 986 3434.
 6th of Oct, 2011 by   Margie Ballew 0 Votes
I was thinking about buying a Boerboel from them but not so sure now.
Did you contact breeder about this. If so, I am curious as to what they said.
Thanks
Margie (mrb293@aol.com)
 13th of Jun, 2012 by   vitani87 0 Votes
I bought a boerboel from them last march and am really pleased my girl. She is smart, outgoing and great with other dogs. Alpine lion was great to deal with, they were attentive and patient. I even asked for a video and even though he didn't know how to send it to me, he worked on it til I had one. I would definitely get another dog from them.
 18th of Jan, 2014 by   mousey 0 Votes
I also recieved a boerboel from patrick and had nothing but health issues i believe there is some bad breeding going on so far 2 years old hip problems knee problems heart problems doc said i am lucky dog is still alive i believe there are more people out there and would love to talk to them. rt now my dog cant even walk going back to vet in am. this dog has seen vet atleast 40 times its the most painful experience i have ever been through in my life something has to be done!!!
 6th of May, 2014 by   Dave Jack 0 Votes
I got a big black boerboel from Patrick and I had no problem he was the easiest to deal with I the whole dog business he is smart 175lbs. He has perfect agility three in a half feet tall I asked him for some vids and pics and he gave me about one hundred he was the most professional I've seen in the dog business

Cheapest Overnight Shipping