logo

FALSE ADVERTISING, FRAUD

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Allied Wallet, Bournemouth, England, Dorset Complaints & Reviews - Money taken from my account

Allied Wallet Contacts & Informations

Allied Wallet

Posted:    Jozie

Money taken from my account

Bournemouth, Dorset, England
United Kingdom
I got an email to my Hotmail account saying that

"Thank you for your recent purchase

Amount 79.90USD
They had the last 4 digits of my VISA Card right.
And my bank can see the transatcion made frmo my account.

I never buy anything online so this got me very concerned.

I have no clue how they got my details.

If you ever receive anything from Allied Wallet it is probably a scam and they have your details and money will be taken from your account.

I called my bank right away and got my card cancelled.
Comments United Kingdom Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jan, 2010 by   SmartShopperGM +1 Votes
You are misinformed. Allied Wallet is a payment processing company similar to PayPal. They enable eCommerce stores to accept credit cards. It appears that your credit card was used to purchase something on a website which Allied Wallet is the payment processor. Contact Allied Wallet right away and let them know what happened. They will refund your money right away.
 7th of Jan, 2010 by   LQE -1 Votes
Oh my God... the same thing happened to me yesterday. I just got off the phone with a man who identified himself as the owner named Brad who refused to provide his last name... after going back and forth with a customer service rep named John.

They thanked me for my recent purchase and deducted $69.99 from my account. When asked hjow they got my information I was given several stories between teh two of them. First, it was submitted by a company they would not identify. Second, they purchased it in an advertisement online... again, failed to provide the ad information or who it was from. Third, they tried to tell me I did it seven days ago, when I was on vacation and no computer access. Forth, they told me it was not illegal and that I had the opportunity to cancell after thirty-days. Don't forget, they told me earlier that I just signed up for a seven day free trial??? DO THE MATH!!! They also gave me an old mailing address in Atlanta. I live in California. Fith - I asked for the information for the company they were providing the service to so we could see who used my card, they said the customer did not provide that information. Someone purchased an online payment product and you don't know who? How are you servicing them and better yet, how would they have been able to set up an account?

THIS IS SCARY AND I HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH WHAT THEY ARE DOING. IT IS CREDIT CARD FRAUD AND STEALING. I called the Police and I am making a report today. They need to be in jail!
LQ
 8th of Jan, 2010 by   Mahin Rouf -1 Votes
I got the same mail sayin $79 has been paid from my credit card with 4 digit, i didn't buy anything from their website and today £59 was taken from my account, my credit card company told me in the past they collected smaller amounts . I have just emailed them i will see if i get a response if not then i will have to cancel my card. Something has to be done about it, they just can't carryon like that, shall i go to the police . i don't know where to go from here
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   James nikizawa +1 Votes
Allied Wallet is a processing company that works just like PayPal,
I have been using them for 6 years. Allied wallet process for online merchants that use Allied Waller payment services. The best thing is when ever Allied Wallet run a transaction they always inform the customer via email that your card been Charged for this purchase. If Allied Wallet is bad then why do they send you confirmation email that your card been charged for the following amount. Think about that one if you smart enough and you will understand that Allied Wallet are the good guys. I love Allied Wallet and I use them instead of PayPal
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   Jo Dell2 -1 Votes
This company is a processing company for merchants and takes about 3 to 4 weeks to pay the merchants. Their responsiveness to merchants is pathetic and you can never get anyone unless they are charging back your account. They also charge hefty fees. Stay clear.
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   Jo Dell2 -1 Votes
All those people posting glowing comments for the company are resellers and affiliates who make money promoting Allied Wallet. Would you trust those comments?
 23rd of May, 2011 by   Martin Hellier 0 Votes
As a merchant they hold back 10% of your income for 6 months, well, guess what, they haven't paid me the 10% due, claiming they are having 'problems with their bank'. They owe me $2, 500, have no physical mailing address and don't answer emails. I will update this forum as to the outcome - negative or positive! - but be warned!
 10th of Jun, 2011 by   Allied Wallet Frau 0 Votes
Merchant with Allied wallet here: same trouble with these people, no reply to email and they owe me about $25, 000. Telephone calls are rerouted to voicemail, staff normally quite dismissive bordering on rude. I am issuing a formal complanit to the State Attorney General - thys cannot hide from them. Will keep you posted
 26th of Sep, 2012 by   Money machine 0 Votes
I am trying to register with allied wallet, any suggestions please?
 9th of May, 2013 by   Colt73 0 Votes
Speaking as a previous Allied Wallet Merchant, their customer service is non existent, you can never get to speak to anyone, ask to speak to who's in charge and you will get told that you can't. Ask them why they are charging you for their mistakes and they don't care and wont refund charges. My payouts have been wrong on more than one occasion and they will put it right at their leisure and not immediately if at all. They charge excessive fees and the service they provide does not reflect the costs . They tell you the holdback fees are issued to you after six months but they aren't as there are more caveats so they can hold on to your money a little longer. MERCHANTS BEWARE- Stay away from these at all costs, Proper 'Mickey Mouse' company.
 8th of Sep, 2013 by   Bring justice 0 Votes
Allied wallet scam – they process payments for a scam company called social eyes technology who rip people off !!! And allied wallet are a part of the big scam! Allied wallet were recently raided by the FBI ! Still up to their old tricks! Scam company . AVOID!!! Social eyes technology and allied wallet have joined forces to steal thousands!!!'
 19th of Dec, 2013 by   Tom411 0 Votes
I used this company as a merchant but closed it after they cheated me on numerous occasions. They take a minimum of 4 days to get back to you. Zero customer support. One worked told me she new the company was going bust and she didn't care. I of course closed account right after.
 18th of May, 2014 by   adjuvare 0 Votes
We recently applied online with the DVLA in UK for a renewal [free] driving license, using the official DVLA website. Alliedwallet seem to have some collusion with the DVLA, and have withdrawn money from our Bank Account.. Knowing that we used an official website, we became concerned, and cancelled the relevant bank card, causing all sorts of related problems. It may not be a scam as such, but the company has withdrawn money and hence accessed bank details without us knowingly providing them. This has to be very bad ethics, and quite reprehensible behaviour. Certainly not the sort of behaviour that one would expect, and certainly not as forthright and trustworthy as PayPal. I trust PayPal with my details. AlliedWallet seems to be a sneaky operator, not necessarily illegal, but devoid of the kind of behaviour that I would rely on.
 10th of Jun, 2014 by   simon clements 0 Votes
I know of someone who put a large sum of money into a company called banners brokers. They are having big problems trying to get their money back. The company has turned out to be a scam. The company said to withdraw small amounts at a time but no money being released through Allied Wallet. Banners Brokers kept saying money is still pending. This been going on for months. Why can;t Allied Wallets release the money owed. The person trying to get money back first tried about nine months ago but no joy. If Allied Wallets won;t release the money owed who does this person go to, too get help. The sum is over 2.000. Please could you help.
 11th of Jun, 2014 by   adjuvare 0 Votes
I believe Allied Wallet had some convictions in the USA concerning money laundering. They claim to be expanding rapidly and are well used in the far east, especially China. That says it all. Allied Wallet are also used by one of the scam companies hijacking the DVLA websites [I got caught]. Having said all that, unlike PayPal, that they are trying to emulate, they appear not to have any guarantee of money back if the Company they deal with is a scam, [read scum], I have also had problems in the past with an unsafe company in China, and I have had to write my losses off. No good news I am afraid. However, if the money was transferred to Banner Brokers using a credit card, then it is possible to get money back. Good luck.

You Can Mix Your Own Laundry Detergent and Save!

Latest Groups