Aldi's/PurAqua Purified Water

bottles are thinner then they were

64 Bailey Street
Brooklyn, Connecticut
Phone: 860-774-6882
I have been buying my water at ALDI, S in Dayville, and before that Willimantic, always the same brand. I have to drink alot of water because of my operation. It was just fine till the last time. The bottles are so thin its like water packed in a bag!! I have already had two bottles that were leaking in the refrigerator...Thats two bottles I threw away!! Now I can, t trust these bottles!! Please check out the bottles for your self. it says 100% satisfaction...and I, m not satisfied!! I want them replaced and my money refunded...THANK YOU PRO.# 121510 2009E PurAqua Purified Water 16.9 FL OZ
Complaint comments Comments (38) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

20th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes

4501 S. Pulaski Rd.

On 1/19/09, I witnessed an employee by the name of Mark at one of your Aldi stores located on 4501 S. Pulaski Rd., refusing to sell an immigrant (from the Middle East), approx. 6 loaves of white bread. Mark told the customer that he could only sell him 2 loaves and didn't give a reason. The customer was calm and asked if he could sell him all 6 loaves to which the Aldi's cashier said he could only sell him 2. Is there a special reason why Aldi would not allow the sale of more than 2 loaves of bread to a customer ? I believe the sole purpose of a store in America is in business to sell their products, otherwise, why sell! I'm concerned that my family may get mistreated simply because of color, race or social status. Please be advised that one doesn't know who is shopping in your store(s) and seeing this kind of behavior gives a bad impression. I pray that there was a justifiable reason for the employees behavior. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Maria O Rendon
 28th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
More than likely they were short stocked on bread from their wharehouse and just wanted to make sure there was enough to last as long as possible. It has happened to me and that was the reason I was given. I agree that it should have been handled better though.
 25th of May, 2011 by    +1 Votes
As a Doctor of Pharmacology, I am also concerned about the safety of bottles that leak. If water can get out, harmful organisms can get in.
 25th of May, 2011 by    +2 Votes
Good point.
 8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Aldi's Groceries - I believe people should get what they pay for
Aldi's Groceries

The jehling chicken stir fry complete meal i found more Fat meat in the stir fry than there was chicken I will not buy anymore because fat i do not like fat meat and it is not worth the price and you only get a half a bag of vegetables also and your chicken noodle soup is almost all broth Sincerly Yours Carolyn Masters

I believe people should get what they pay for I believe you should make this right!
 8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
 18th of Jun, 2011 by    +2 Votes
I have been drinking this water for three years now and have bought it in N C and
Va. I need to drink a lot of water because of my kidney problems. Every thing was
great until I found that this was seasonal item. When I found this out I bought a years supply ( 1 case a week ) to last over the winter. Again this was O K, but when the water came in this year the Co. added sodium. This is not good for people with high blood presure. Now I can"t drink this water. Can someone tell me where I can get the old drinks that were packaged in the 6 pk.
 20th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I purchased a case of water from Aldi at the Cary Illinois location. The store is great and I have no complaints about the store but the bottled water (PurAqua) had an awefully fowl odor and taste. I tried to refrigerate it thinking that it would taste better and it was just as bad. My son had taken 3 bottles that I packed for him to take to work and said that he noticed the same thing. i awoke in the middle of the night with the worst abdominal pain I have ever experienced, unsure if there is any relation to the water, I will be returning it as a precaution. My fiance smelled it right out of the newly opened bottle and said to dump it all. I'm concerned.
 26th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I also purchased Puraqua from Aldi in Daytona Beach. FOUL taste!!! Never again will continue tpo drink Zepherhills.
 17th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
I purchased Puraqua from Aldi in Burlington Wisconsin and when I opened first bottle the neck and whole top was black and smelled it looked like oil was spilled on it. Threw first bottle out took another and found the next four were the same. Someone could get very sick from it.
 29th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
Bottles are foggy on the bottom.

We have been buying puraqua for a while now. We have noticed the water bottles that are now very thin. Recently we have also noticed the bottom of the bottles are now foggy/ cloudy. We are wondering do the bottles have different chemicals in them going into the water now? We have done a few experiments and it is the bottles not the water. We are a little concerned, has anybody else noticed this?
 21st of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
I live in new Milford ct and buy aldi's water as my well is contaminated I noticed that the water tastes different, the bottles are so very thin some of then can not stand up straight as the bottom of the bottles are dented, some of the cases have empty water bottles.does anyone know if the attorney general office is looking into this or the FDA for our safety sake.seriously concerned in Connecticut / dawn mc
 22nd of Jan, 2014 by    +1 Votes
There are some very small items FLOATING in the water. The items are black in color. I don't know what these items are. I will NOT drink this water. I want my money back please.
 22nd of Feb, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I have been drinking PurAqua for 6 months with NO PROBLEMS...no smells, no foul taste no metal taste, no acid taste, no messed up bottles, no bottle or water discolorations. Water is ALWAYS real nice and CLEAR...tastes good and clean, quenches my thirst time again and again...I used to drink Aquafina and Puraqua is by far SUPERIOR in taste and quality and price. Im a VERY satisfied customer!!! A++ Rating!!!
 31st of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have been drinking aldi water for over a year now. Had no complaints but just bought two packs. I first I thought it was just that bottle but it isn't it has a very strong smell and taste even worse. I have been feeling and got stomach pain. I am extremely concerned.
 16th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
I usually buy the generic Giant Eagle water but tried Aldi's PurAqua water for the first time. I've only opened two water bottles and I don't think I want to drink the rest. The water tastes like chemicals. I'm not sure if the plastic is leeching into the water or if they are using tap water, but either way I've wasted money on something I will not use.
 9th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have been buying PurAqua Purified Water for about 6 months. At first the water was fine. I have never had any trouble with it smelling bad or looking bad in color or having anything floating. BUT, it does not taste like purified water anymore. It has a bitter taste and I find that I am nauseous for most of the day...as I am drinking this water all day. I went a day without drinking the water...no nausea! The minute I start to drink the water...I get sick to my stomach. I think I will just buy my own water filter and filter my own water! It would be cheaper in the long run!
 26th of Jul, 2014 by    +1 Votes
WE had been buying PurAqua from Aldis' in Morth Carolina, bottled by Table Rock Springs, Morganton, NC, for about 2 years and it was fine, the water we bought in July 2014 tasted and smelled bad. I will not be buying PurAqua again. Today I am buying DeerPark water and will respond with my thoughts on it later.
 27th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
I just bought 3 cases in Alabama. They are thin bottles but clear, and they taste great. Not sure what's going on else where but I will be cautious to check my bottles before drinking it!
 21st of Oct, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Consistent buyer who has no problems. Every water seller is going to the thinner bottle, the problem is in the seal of the lid. I threw several to the ground and that was what popped each time. I calculate that to be the same stress as dropping a case while carrying or the stress they undergo during transport (jostling and outward stress when lifted for stocking on pallet by forklift or manually). As to water quality, no issues. Tastes neutral and okay.

Customer Care Service