logo

harassment and incompetence

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Airtel Complaints & Reviews - Complain against Airtel sim blocking system for prepaid connection

Airtel Contacts & Informations

Airtel

Posted:    Satarupa Roychowdhury

Complain against Airtel sim blocking system for prepaid connection

On my way back from my office on 1/09/07 , Saturday, in between 8.00 to 8.45pm somebody has stolen my cell phone with airtel sim from my bag. I immediately called the customer care personnel and requested to block my sim card but they declined the request and advised to produce a general diary memo of police to nearby airtel outlet, since it was too late so I followed the procedure next day first hour and went to nearby airtel outlet. Here they refused me to take any action on pretext of being Sunday and absence of there stuffs. Then once again I call the customer care and had a talk to a senior personnel and informed him the whole matter and request to block the sim, but unfortunately he rejected my request. He informed me that this sim blocking system is applicable only for postpaid connection but not for prepaid one and my connection being a prepaid he could not able to take any action.

My question is why this discrimination is going on and why airtel outlets refused to take any action on pretext of the day being the Sunday while they kept there outlets open and selling sim for new connection and that are being activated on Sundays in spite of it is a holiday. Having faced such incidence all my believe and respect to airtel, who claims to be the best and largest service and network provider, has been shattered.
Comments India Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Sep, 2007 by   shaik abdul subhan 0 Votes
i lost my cell phone no 9849616907 i request to kindly block my prepaid no.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by   Tejesh Chimegave 0 Votes
My cell number 09975789258. The deducted Rs.18 without any reason on 20/09/2007.And when ever I call CC they say,"sorry sir our server is down,sorry sir please call after 48 hours,sorry sir we do not have any details."I dont know what these CC guys are doing there.The are there only to show their uselessness.
 19th of Jul, 2008 by   sandeep 0 Votes
respected sir,

it is mail to inform you about refund of security money.

i have purchased a post paid airtel connection in the year 2004

i have changed that SIM in to prepaid this year.i have submitted 500 security money at taht moment of time which have to be refunded because of change of connection.

my mobile number is 9829041427

address : 89 paota .polo first, joshpur, mandore road

rajashtan
 13th of Oct, 2008 by   syed thanveer ahmed.r 0 Votes
i lost my cell phone on 02/10/08 no is 9840329130 i request to kindly block my prepaid no.
 25th of Oct, 2008 by   keane 0 Votes
hello i would like you to block my airtel sim card i would tell you my number the number is 9972093058 please get it done before anyone uses it thank you will it be done within 1 hour

Tips How to Avoid Lottery Scams