logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Stock Trading Tips
Bad service. Very bad way to communication
2. (3 mins ago)
Chad Ostreicher
Stole 3,500 From Me
3. (3 mins ago)
Sunbeam, Westpointe & J.C. Penny's Electric Blanket
These new electric blankets are a rip off!
4. (18 mins ago)

Safty of Plane-Customer Service

Air Asia
Malaysia
airasia.com
The following was writtne 7 days after the incident and after several emails and a number of calls I have had no satisfaction or comment with regard to this incident. Probably not unusual for Air Asia as they believe in not answering any serious inquiries. Most Asian passengers would not complain about this. I am not asain and feel I was treated very poorly under the circumstances and should have at least been called by someone to explain what happened on the Flight No one did and I will never fly Air Asia again I believe it not a safe airline. Why are they hiding This is what happened .

On Thu 24 Sep 2009, 1525 hrs I took a flight from Bangkok Thailand to Macau (MFM). In large part the flight was uneventful landing at about
1855 local time. However developments on touchdown have not only created great fear within me but also concern on how your flight attendants and crew handled the situation.

First let me point out that I have flown well over 1 million kilometers in my life and was actually a traffic reporter flying a single engine Cessna for a Radio station when I was in my 20s So I have a little working knowledge of aircraft albeit not as much with large aircraft however enough to know if there is a problem when I see sparks and flames coming from a wing housing.
Having said that I experience what I would consider a major problem in your aircraft on touchdown and I have had trouble dealing with it ever since the incident occurred On the right hand side of the aircraft under the wing and ailerons about midsection on touchdown there was what I would describe as a major potentially devastating incident that occurred on your aircraft

A large stream of Sparks started to fly from mid section of your aircraft on touchdown. Since my eyes focused on the sparks themselves and not the runway I was unable to tell if it was the bottom of the wing touching the runway or an electrical problem under the wing or both However within a few second the sparks turned to a huge plume of flames as the plane was speeding down the runway on touchdown. I am quite certain other passengers saw the same thing I did as my fiancé who was with me at the time confirmed she had witnessed but at the time was not aware it was a serious situation. Buy the time the flames from under the wing had subsided it looked like a light housing or other round object was now dangling from the wing on what looked like loose wires and had come partially unattached from the aircraft. By the time the aircraft had parked on the tarmac there where many ground personal that where aware of the general problem and had signaled there was a problem to other ground crew by pointing to the dangling piece of aircraft with their fingers. Although at that point no other passengers seemed to know there had been a fire under the wing or thought it was the afterburners in the jets (which it was not)

The plum of FIRE was not visible by the time we taxied to a complete stop however the emotional anxiety I was feeling at the time was and still is fierce. I had to resist the feeling of fleeing the aircraft
for the safety of everyone concerned Since I have had pilot training
one thing I was aware of is not to do something to panic the other passengers however once there is a fire in or on a plane the cabin crew should have started emergency evacuation of the aircraft rather than allow it taxiing off the runway to the tarmac. At this point I am aware that the Captain of the aircraft was aware there was a problem however his lack of action and the lack of action by the cabin crew still create a chilling affect on me. To confirm what I had seen I asked my fiancé once we had come to a complete stop if she saw the fire. She confirmed that she did. I told her to wait as I wanted to make clear what I had seen to the captain. Since the fire seemed to be out by this point I waited for all the passengers to disembark and then went to a flight attendant in the front of the plane and told her I wanted to speak with the Captain and there had been some sort of mechanical problem with the plane. I needed to let him know about my observation.
At that point she notified the Captain. The captain exited the cockpit and I proceeded to explain to him exactly what I had witnessed He then said to me “it was this side of the plain” gesturing to the right hand side I said yes. He then said thanks and proceeded to use his cell phone to make a call I assume it was to someone on the ground with Air Asia but that is an assumption on my part I then exited the plane and joined my Fiancé who was already far away from the plane as I told her to go

I have a few questions I need answered. The first is why Air Asia’s Cabin Crew did not do anything. The second question is why the Captain and Co-Pilot Did not inform the cabin crew there was a problem and why there was not an evacuation of the aircraft rather than business as usual. And of course what actions where taken after the plane was on the ground to fix whatever started the sparking and fire to begin with.
This was the content of the email I sent to customer care and got no response I sent it 3 times
So now I will take legal action
Comments Malaysia Airlines
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Avoid Being a Victim of Mortgage Fraud