Ail

Posted:

Scam

3.5
AIL
I found a thread on another site that saved me from buying into this scam... I received a phone call this morning from a woman in the "human resources department of AIL, in Central PA, " She claimed they had a copy of my resume and wanted me to come in for an interview. When I returned the call, it went straight to an answering system that asked for all of my contact information.

Since I have never posted my resume online, and the last time I was job searching was several years ago, it was fishy right away.

the number was 717-975-3504. I found several threads in other forums addressing the scam. My number is a cell phone, and it's on the do not call list. I'm very careful about sharing it, so I cannot figure out how they obtained it in the first place.

I could see people who are already job searching fall for this scam easily. I find it completely disgusting that someone would use the current state of the economy to their advantage in that way.
Complaint comments Comments (8) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

22nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I just received this following email:

Your Resume/Management Position

Attention Applicant,

Earlier this week I received your application / resume from one of the Job Boards that our company works with, (Monster, CareerBuilder, Hot Jobs).

However at this time the only contact information that I have is your email address as your phone number did not load properly.

I am interested in setting up a first interview with our Regional Director at your earliest convenience.

Please contact me Wednesday or Thursday at 717-975-3454 between 12:30pm and 3:00pm so that I can schedule your interview.

Sincerely,

Liz Horetsky

Human Resource Manager

702 Lisburn Road

Camp Hill, PA 17011

Phone 717-975-3454

Fax 717-975-3525

THANKS to all of you i replied back with a "NO thank you" I do really need a job but I don't remember ever applying for this company. Hopefully other people do the same and research for this website.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Just received an e-mail saying the EXACT SAME THING. I am certainly glad I went to Google and found this page. As before, I did not know what AIL was and of course started searching the internet to find out what AIL was. The email stated, " Attention Applicant,

Please contact me Monday or Tuesday at 717-975-3454 between 12:30pm and 3:00pm so that I can schedule your interview.

Sincerely,

Liz Horetsky

Human Resource Manager

702 Lisburn Road

Camp Hill, PA 17011

Phone 717-975-3454

Fax 717-975-3525
 24th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
THEY KEEP FRIGGIN CALLING ME! I TOLD THEM NO A MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIOON TIMES! WHAT DO I DO?!?!
 21st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
That's crazy. I was so excited about this job, too. They called me this morning asking to set up an interview tomorrow at 9:50 AM, & it was short notice, so I figured I couldn't make it anyway, but just to be safe, I searched the address along with AIL. All I found was scam sites. I went back to careerbuilder, and there was no AIL on the entire site. I am so happy I didn't follow through with this. THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :D
 21st of Jul, 2011 by    -1 Votes
They May ahve gotten your cell phone number from a friend of your who worked there or a family member, if you posted your resume on any site for a job while job searching yer resume is seen around the world, anybody can have access to it and of course youll have you phone number on your resume or else how would an emplyer get ahold of you? honestly i think your blowing this way out of proportion and you need to take a chill pill! this is not a scam i know from personal experience, i am an HR manager here at AIL. and no im not just saying all thsai because i work here i say all of this because i have been behind the scenes and this company is not a scam in any way, they ask you if youd want to invest in it, you can say no its not liek they make you since you came to the interveiw they dont take yer social security number, and they dont take yer money and leave you hanging, if this company has been in business for so long they cant be a scam, dont you think if they were theyd be shut down by now? honestly take a fat chill pill and get yer facts straight before you come on here and run yer mouth about stuff you dont even know, yes we interveiw alot of people but does that mean that they all get hired? no, we have a 5 step interveiw process before we even hire you what scam would do that? a scam would juast hire you on the spot without getting to know if yer the person they need. you people who are coming on here and bad mouthing this company need to learn more about it instead of listening to people who have just as much info as you do and just make up stories because you have nothign better to do with your lives. Grow Up!!
 10th of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
Just got a call today...After reading this I had to call back and cancel the interview. VERY disappointing. But hey I'm glad I read these posts before I went to the interview!
 13th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
any employer that would require you to put up over $200 to get a temp license is not a legit company. I have worked for many insurance companies and they did not require any money. they trained you and helped pay for testing. these jobs are like a pyramid scheme, they bring you in and then get friends in.
 16th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
raining and Development Manager-FT! (Downtown Tacoma, WA)

I just wasted 90 minutes on what I was lead to believe was in interview for a Training Manager position, but what it really turned out to be was this company in Tacoma Washington scam to recruit people to sell their insurance. Even during the pre-interview, I asked and insisted that I was not there for a sales position, that I was told I was being considered for Training Manager (See add below from craigslist)>

Your asked to stay for another interview, but that is actually their strong arm sales pitch, similar to a time share. I felt trapped, but finally had to get up and leave. I have a job, thought I was doing an interview for maybe a change. I told them I did not wish to spend all day there, I was on my lunch break, they told me 30 minutes tops. After 90 minutes, I had to leave. They told me that after beings a sales person, then I could be a training manager. BAIT AND SWITCH.

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

compensation: Please submit compensation requirements
employment type: full-time

What are we hiring for? We're hiring a team member for our Training & Development Manager Position. We are part of an international record breaking team that has a history of winning for over three decades.

Why us?

We promote from within. Seriously. All our managers and even executives started in entry-level jobs across the company. We encourage career development & don't hold people back. Our practice of cross-training supports lateral & vertical career moves.

We are fun. We take our work seriously, but never ourselves. We have a casual work environment.

We are growing. We have tripled in the last decade & just grew 35% in 2014. As we grow, more opportunities open up for our team.

We work as a team. Our work environment is open & collaborative. Everyone is "empowered" to own their job & we don't micro-manage. Initiative is encouraged & rewarded so you can run with your ideas.

We have a good culture. We care about each other & encourage each other. We also have fun on a regular basis. Seasonal parties, pizza lunches & associate awards are part of our rhythm.

We help our people grow. Personal growth & professional development is more than a mantra. We give our team members new opportunities to learn at each step. We also let people focus on what they are good at.

We pay well. In 2014 our top 10% of earners averaged $160, 330 and our top 5% did $221, 503.

Why you? Do you like to take ownership & initiative? Do you enjoy figuring things out? Do you feel good when you help someone? Do you like to talk with people & can you establish rapport easily? Do you have common sense? Are you decent on the computer? Do you like working hard & getting results? If you can honestly say yes to most of these questions; and a fast paced & sometime chaotic work environment doesn't stress you out...then we can teach you the rest!

How to apply: Send your resume & tell us what your top three strengths are. No fancy cover letter needed.

*Position is full time, located in Downtown Tacoma in the financial district & looking to be filled immediately.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree