logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Maytag / French Door Refrigerator
Problems with the ice maker!
2. (0 mins ago)
Mayan Palace Resort
I want everyone to know about this scam!
3. (15 mins ago)

American Income Life Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2011-03-01 by    Tristan

Scam

AIL
I found a thread on another site that saved me from buying into this scam... I received a phone call this morning from a woman in the "human resources department of AIL, in Central PA, " She claimed they had a copy of my resume and wanted me to come in for an interview. When I returned the call, it went straight to an answering system that asked for all of my contact information.

Since I have never posted my resume online, and the last time I was job searching was several years ago, it was fishy right away.

the number was 717-975-3504. I found several threads in other forums addressing the scam. My number is a cell phone, and it's on the do not call list. I'm very careful about sharing it, so I cannot figure out how they obtained it in the first place.

I could see people who are already job searching fall for this scam easily. I find it completely disgusting that someone would use the current state of the economy to their advantage in that way.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jul, 2009 by   aLmaaa 0 Votes
I just received this following email:

Your Resume/Management Position

Attention Applicant,

Earlier this week I received your application / resume from one of the Job Boards that our company works with, (Monster, CareerBuilder, Hot Jobs).

However at this time the only contact information that I have is your email address as your phone number did not load properly.

I am interested in setting up a first interview with our Regional Director at your earliest convenience.

Please contact me Wednesday or Thursday at 717-975-3454 between 12:30pm and 3:00pm so that I can schedule your interview.

Sincerely,

Liz Horetsky

Human Resource Manager

702 Lisburn Road

Camp Hill, PA 17011

Phone 717-975-3454

Fax 717-975-3525

THANKS to all of you i replied back with a "NO thank you" I do really need a job but I don't remember ever applying for this company. Hopefully other people do the same and research for this website.
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   usavet 0 Votes
Just received an e-mail saying the EXACT SAME THING. I am certainly glad I went to Google and found this page. As before, I did not know what AIL was and of course started searching the internet to find out what AIL was. The email stated, " Attention Applicant,

Please contact me Monday or Tuesday at 717-975-3454 between 12:30pm and 3:00pm so that I can schedule your interview.

Sincerely,

Liz Horetsky

Human Resource Manager

702 Lisburn Road

Camp Hill, PA 17011

Phone 717-975-3454

Fax 717-975-3525
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   batman309 0 Votes
THEY KEEP FRIGGIN CALLING ME! I TOLD THEM NO A MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIOON TIMES! WHAT DO I DO?!?!
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   ceciliamachelle 0 Votes
That's crazy. I was so excited about this job, too. They called me this morning asking to set up an interview tomorrow at 9:50 AM, & it was short notice, so I figured I couldn't make it anyway, but just to be safe, I searched the address along with AIL. All I found was scam sites. I went back to careerbuilder, and there was no AIL on the entire site. I am so happy I didn't follow through with this. THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :D
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   Abrielle 0 Votes
They May ahve gotten your cell phone number from a friend of your who worked there or a family member, if you posted your resume on any site for a job while job searching yer resume is seen around the world, anybody can have access to it and of course youll have you phone number on your resume or else how would an emplyer get ahold of you? honestly i think your blowing this way out of proportion and you need to take a chill pill! this is not a scam i know from personal experience, i am an HR manager here at AIL. and no im not just saying all thsai because i work here i say all of this because i have been behind the scenes and this company is not a scam in any way, they ask you if youd want to invest in it, you can say no its not liek they make you since you came to the interveiw they dont take yer social security number, and they dont take yer money and leave you hanging, if this company has been in business for so long they cant be a scam, dont you think if they were theyd be shut down by now? honestly take a fat chill pill and get yer facts straight before you come on here and run yer mouth about stuff you dont even know, yes we interveiw alot of people but does that mean that they all get hired? no, we have a 5 step interveiw process before we even hire you what scam would do that? a scam would juast hire you on the spot without getting to know if yer the person they need. you people who are coming on here and bad mouthing this company need to learn more about it instead of listening to people who have just as much info as you do and just make up stories because you have nothign better to do with your lives. Grow Up!!
 10th of Apr, 2012 by   landkat24 0 Votes
Just got a call today...After reading this I had to call back and cancel the interview. VERY disappointing. But hey I'm glad I read these posts before I went to the interview!
 13th of Jun, 2013 by   epennyp 0 Votes
any employer that would require you to put up over $200 to get a temp license is not a legit company. I have worked for many insurance companies and they did not require any money. they trained you and helped pay for testing. these jobs are like a pyramid scheme, they bring you in and then get friends in.

Vacation-Fraud