Damaged credit

Afni-Bloom has also damaged my credit by reporting a debt from 1998! I knew nothing about this debt, and received no notification from them regarding this! I caught when I was applying for a mortgage- my scores dropped more than 30 points! The lender has required me to pay this ($1,200.00). I've disputed this with the Bureau's only to be told it meet FCRA standards. Now it will show as paid but remain on my report as a collection item! Is there anything I can do?
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful?

24th of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have noticed, or been told by a company I was applying for credit with that AFNI-Bloom has something on my credit as well and there is no information on them at all. I have no contact information for them nor does it show an account number or date for them. I am in the same boat only I do not have the information I need to try to dispute it or do anything about it, not that it would help. Do you have any contact information for this company?

Thanks, Rhonda purpletazz75@yahoo.com.
 18th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Here is a # I just called to dispute something on my credit report 1-866-352-0479
 2nd of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes
Afni-Bloom, has just reported on my Credit that I owe them money from a cingular bill that I had in 2000. They have damaged my credit more than it already was:) Don't be scared if they have done this to you. There are alot of business out there that will work with you for loans and such. you just have to do your research. I have crappy credit and my highest interest rate is 8% on a loan that I took out for consolidation.
 20th of Oct, 2007 by    +1 Votes
I was looking at my credit report and saw that I owe AFNI-BLOOM $264.00 and I dont even know nothing about this company, my credit score has went down because of this I need to know how to get this off my credit report!
 26th of Oct, 2008 by    +1 Votes
I have paid Afini and afini bloom 2x $379 for an Alltel account from 6 years or more ago. I didn't realize I had paid 2x it was years aprt and I was trying to purchase RE.
I filed several dispute letters wit5h all 3 credit reporting agencies (they are the culprit) they remove afini and then before you know it it's back on my report.
I don't owe them anything they owe me I have never heard from them and can't get through on the phone.
What do I do next?
 29th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
Andersen Financial Network (ANFI)
ATTN: Validation of Debt Request
404 Brock Dr.
Bloomington, Illinois, 61702
 11th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes

Afni-Bloom - posting account that does not exist on my credit report

I had a sprint cell phone account that unfortunately went into collections. afni-bloom put that account on my credit and then reported an account for the same amount that was opened in 1970. I was not born until 1981!!! Big rip offs and I am thinking a suing
 21st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Theres no need to sue, just contact sprint and ask to speak to their escalations department. Then ask the lead rep. that you get on the phone if they have any way of sending an e-mail or letter to you stating that you only have one account in a collections agency and the actual amount, send that information to Afni, if the collections agency gives you any problems then I would consider taking legal action.
 31st of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I called AFNI and the rep said that she only saw one account for me so it must be an error made on Experians end. She told me that once they get the payment it should be taken care of. I'll find out in a couple of weeks I guess

Contact Us