logo

LK Jewelry Designs http://www.promolk.com
Horrible Quality Ring, Worse Customer Service, RIPPED OFF
2. (1 hr 56 mins ago)
Jenna, the Astrologer
Don't fall for her emails
3. (2 hrs 21 mins ago)
Unauthorized charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Aetna Life Insurance Company Complaints & Reviews - Scam and cheating!

Aetna Life Insurance Company Contacts & Informations

Aetna Life Insurance Company

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and cheating!

Aetna Life Insurance Company
Phone: 888-802-3862
www.aetna.com
My wife has been disabled since 1988. She receives a monthly disability check and is enrolled in Part A only. We opted not to enroll in Part B since she is covered by my health plan at work. We reasoned why pay out the additional monthly cost. My wife and I are both in our 50's. I have had no problems all these years until a few months ago. I noticed Aetna was holding all claims with the reason being additional information was required. After many many calls and emails to Aetna Customer Service (or lack thereof) I found out that they showed my wife was in both Part A & Part B. The representative was told that in no uncertain terms that my wife has never been enrolled in Part B. She then confirmed this with the local SS office. She told me the claims would be resent to processing.

Now the bad news.

All of my claims going back to May 7, 2007 were then re done as if my wife had been enrolled in Part B. So far (it keeps changing ever time I visit their web site) I have gone from about $700 out of my pocket to over $20,000. The new EOB (Explanation of Benefits) now states and I quote 'Your plan reduces covered expenses by Medicare benefits for which you are eligible, whether or not you are actually enrolled in Medicare.' My question is what are my options, is this legal?

I am concerned too, that next they may say my wife was eligible for Part D and they will quit paying for her prescriptions. Which run over $1500 per month.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Nov, 2008 by   insurance expert 0 Votes
are you on a retiree plan or an active employee plan? certain plans are designed to work as secondary to medicare, meaning, they are there to supplement medicare. If you chose not to take medicare, the plan malfunctions, meaning, the plan will only pay what it WOULD have paid, if you had medicare. So they assume the Part B payment. Its a very legitimate practice. Unfortunately, you were never made aware of this so now you are stuck with these very large bills.

2010 Year End Tax Tips