logo

usuaria de internet
FRAUDE Y ESTAFA
5. (16 mins ago)
theautopartsshop.com
They took double sum from them and didn’t provide any order

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell, East Northport, New York Complaints & Reviews - Scam company requesting a $20 fee for an application to receive an award of $2,997,500.00

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell Contacts & Informations

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell

Posted: 2013-07-10 by    vpineda72

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell Agency
PBM 130, 1 Hewitt Square, NY 11731
East Northport, New York
Phone: none
I just want to mention how thankful I am for all the complaints everybody has taking the time to mention about the "so call agency" ADDLESHAW, BIRD & MITCHELL. I just received the letter today and I was about to fall for it. I went ahead to make the $20.00 money order requested as a fee for the disbursement of $2, 997, 500.00. Something inside of me told me to wait a little in fiiling up my money order, (which I have here next to me-), After reading several websites including this one I realized this company is nothing but a scam!! I hope that these people get what they deserve some time soon. Just for your information I went ahead into Google Earth, to search for their address: PMB 130, 1 Hewitt Square, East Northport, NY 11731 i went ahead under street view through the satallite just to find out that the businesses around this area was nothing but a restaurant call: JADE PALACE RESTAURANT, 7-ELEVEN, AND A LITTLE PLAZA OF SMALL AVERAGE BUSINESSES. Nothing in this area suggested there was a building that is specifically for distributing grants or lottery awards ect...I would have assume it had to be more fancy than just a rental place in an average neighborhood. People be aware of this particular company and please dont fall for their scams, thank u again and now Im heading to the store to gladly return my blank mone order!!!

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell

Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Jun, 2013 by   EVELYN MELE 0 Votes

Certificate of Compliance - Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell

DOCUMENT requesting fee for cash reward.
 10th of Jun, 2013 by   STEALTHMODE4U +1 Votes
This is a huge scam being done across the country by more than one corrupt fly by night company ! The sad part is many senoir citizens fall for this and send money and these companies operate out of nigeria and canada !
 10th of Jun, 2013 by   EVELYN MELE +1 Votes
I'd like to add the mailing address where they expected me to send payment..:
Processing department
PMB 130
1 Hewitt Square
East Northport, NY 11731
 11th of Jun, 2013 by   DON BROOMALL +1 Votes
RECEIVED CERTIFICATE #2741 JUNE 11 2013, REQUIRING $25.00 RETURNED WITH CERTIFICATE. MUST BE SOME WAY TO SHUT THESE GUYS DOWN ?
 11th of Jun, 2013 by   moria bullock quarles 0 Votes
my name is moria I am unemployed and also fail for the scam and I send my 25 dollars in a check I am praying that they don't go in my bank account I do not have any money I feel so dumb to fall for a scam like that
 11th of Jun, 2013 by   EVELYN MELE 0 Votes
Sorry to hear of people falling for these scams... the above address( the 1st one) happens to have a private investigator listed at that address, maybe he can find out why that address is used.
 11th of Jun, 2013 by   John Eosr +1 Votes
Received from ADDLESHAW ' Bird & Mitchell certificate of compliance . FEW things to remember when receiving these notices. One there is no phone to contact them. Next there is no web address most of todays business will have this, remember we are in a very techno culture. Last since they already have my $4, 278, 000.00 ask yourself why they can't take the money they need from this then send the rest to me. One last point who is Ethan James. None of the three prominent names on the certificate signed it. Hope this helps. Just put mine in the shredder. Lets all be like "sheep in wolves clothing" Be wise you earned your money and can sleep at night these folks steal from all of us and are blest with nightmares. They know what they are doing and so do we, ah the sound of the shredder sound great... So do the same with yours PLEASE...
 12th of Jun, 2013 by   Craig Richardson +1 Votes
I do agree with the complaints that are being posted. I'M sorry for the young lady Moria, best wishes to you and your family. You're in my prayers. If i had not read your text you posted i would have sent those bastards money and i don't have it like that to give away. The struggle is hard. My name is Craig R. For those that lost money and you're already poor and had hope in that money, just keep praying and I'll keep praying then maybe; just maybe either the government or God can do something about these white-collar-hoodlums, that's scamming me and you. They sent me the purple and white letter indicating i had an entitlement to 4 million dollars. What a time to waist that's of the devil suppressing the poor. I hope each and every one of us that received those letters do get blessed with 4 million dollars. There was no phone number and no website to claim your prize. Note: for you that's sending these false documents that's reading this text; there is accountability for your wicked deeds. You people need to be ashamed of yourselves.
 22nd of Jun, 2013 by   miss-lib 0 Votes
I agree with the complaints.. I did not know until now they sent me the same latter saying I won a huge amount of money. I was very happy it is very sad that these people are stealing from people like my self... they got me for 20 dollars I can not believe I fall for their trick... I pray they will be put to sham...
 24th of Jun, 2013 by   Linda J Miller 0 Votes
I, too, got a letter saying I'd won this huge amount, making me a millionaire! LOL. But first off my inner voice wasn't making me excited in the least and that's usually my best sign I get. So I decided to look them up and found a couple of good sites, this being one of them. All people say the same thing, which is SCAM! Good points brought up by Craig Richardson!
 24th of Jun, 2013 by   sally salazar 0 Votes
I received disbursement advisory today (6/24/, 2013) to receive $2, 997, 500.00. They want me to send $20.00 for processing.
LOL! Same address given above. It is signed by Ethan James. Why do people do this? I use to have 'SUCKER' stamped on my forehead, but have finally wised up! I pray something is done to these people and anyone else trying to scam on the poor and elderly. SJS Billings Mt.
 28th of Jun, 2013 by   tiny45 0 Votes
my sister felt for this shit but she was smart about it to get her money back she went any got a money order and report the money order stolen i just pray they cash it so something can be done about this because people work hard for there money and these people out there trying to scam them out of it
 3rd of Jul, 2013 by   VLJ92 +1 Votes
I also received this same letter, and have received letters just like this on many other occasion and if you win any money you should never have to pay to get it. What I do when I get these letters/certificates in the mail I go online and research them, their address etc any info I can get and every time I do that I find scam scam scam. I'm so glad I have never paid a cent for any of them. I think it would be great in a non profit organization place warnings for the public about scam artists!! Maybe they will someday who knows...I feel so sorry for senior citizens and anyone who fall for this deception. Remember this if you have to pay for winning money then it most likely is a scam.
 5th of Jul, 2013 by   CarleneA 0 Votes
I received a letter announcing that I WAS A WINNER of $2, 997, 500.00usd. I was so excited about finally winning anything in my entire life! But a little voice told me to Google Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell. Glad I did and found out it was a scam. I felt so let down, depressed, and foolish. They should be sued for emotional distress!!! Shame, shame, shame, on them! Playing on vulnerable people's emotions who are just getting by in the world and in need of a break. I pray that God will catch up with them and give them a conscience to stop what they are doing and return all the money they have stolen. I also pray that the laws of the legal system can catch up with these cyber criminals. Technology is great for data the right reasons of information, education, and communicating. However the law needs to stay as up to date as the technology itself to prevent these cyber criminals. What are OUR, THE PEOPLE'S, LAWMAKERS doing about this or are they getting something for looking the other way. LAWMAKERS NEED TO BE OUR ADVOCATES AND SHUT THESE CYBER CRIMINALS DOWN!
 7th of Jul, 2013 by   shermi08 0 Votes
Yes.. These people need to be found and prosecuted... I have children to feed and this is some sort of joke?? I'm highly pissed... to be honest. I've been thanking the lord everyday... in my mind I honestly believe I won something and it was a blessing from god... yes the people should be sued for emotional distress... UNBELIEVEABLE!!!... the nerve of some people.
 8th of Jul, 2013 by   Altagracia 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me I received a letter from them (ADDLESHAW, BIRD & MITCHELL), saying that I had won $4, 278. 000.00 and that I had to send $20.00 for the processing fee. I was so happy at the beginning when I receive that letter, but then I decided to pray for this notice, and God put in my mind to Google it. For my surprise lots of people had being foolish, but thanks to God I did not send my $20.00 to them. I wish with all my heart that the police can arrest them and put then in jail.

Sara
 10th of Jul, 2013 by   vpineda72 0 Votes
 10th of Jul, 2013 by   vpineda72 0 Votes
 29th of Jul, 2013 by   Krashbilly +1 Votes
I received the same mailing plus a another in my mail today. The best way to tell if they are scams that are about winning anything, is you should never have to pay any kind of fee for winning money! After all they could take it out of your "winnings" and double checking on the internet helps clear your conscious of losing all that "money"!! No lawful sweepstake or lotto will ever ask you for money. It's amazing how many that actually get away with this sort of scam. As the old saying goes "If it is to good to be true it usually is!"
Keep yourself safe this is the time of year the REAL sweepstakes and such are really putting stuff in the mail. They will have all kinds of ways to contact them and will not have just a "Distrubution of Funds Dept." or something else contact you with winnings, afterall they want everyone to know you won a prize from them and their respective names will be everywhere on the paper work.
 12th of Aug, 2013 by   debi dunn 0 Votes
Yes, I was ready to send the money before a friend told me to look this up and I'm so glad I did. I'm a 62 year old grandmother raising 6 grandchildren so the money would have been a blessing. I was so excited to finally be able to care for these kids and not worry about food, clothes, and education for all of them. But people like this really brake your heart when you find out it's not real. Thanks everyone for posting these so people don't send money they can't afford. Debi

Consumer Advices: Extended Warranties