logo

Cheating

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell, East Northport, New York Complaints & Reviews - Scam company requesting a $20 fee for an application to receive an award of $2,997,500.00

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell Contacts & Informations

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell

Posted: 2013-07-10 by    vpineda72

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell Agency
PBM 130, 1 Hewitt Square, NY 11731
East Northport, New York
Phone: none
I just want to mention how thankful I am for all the complaints everybody has taking the time to mention about the "so call agency" ADDLESHAW, BIRD & MITCHELL. I just received the letter today and I was about to fall for it. I went ahead to make the $20.00 money order requested as a fee for the disbursement of $2, 997, 500.00. Something inside of me told me to wait a little in fiiling up my money order, (which I have here next to me-), After reading several websites including this one I realized this company is nothing but a scam!! I hope that these people get what they deserve some time soon. Just for your information I went ahead into Google Earth, to search for their address: PMB 130, 1 Hewitt Square, East Northport, NY 11731 i went ahead under street view through the satallite just to find out that the businesses around this area was nothing but a restaurant call: JADE PALACE RESTAURANT, 7-ELEVEN, AND A LITTLE PLAZA OF SMALL AVERAGE BUSINESSES. Nothing in this area suggested there was a building that is specifically for distributing grants or lottery awards ect...I would have assume it had to be more fancy than just a rental place in an average neighborhood. People be aware of this particular company and please dont fall for their scams, thank u again and now Im heading to the store to gladly return my blank mone order!!!

Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell

Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Jul, 2013 by   Krashbilly +1 Votes
I received the same mailing plus a another in my mail today. The best way to tell if they are scams that are about winning anything, is you should never have to pay any kind of fee for winning money! After all they could take it out of your "winnings" and double checking on the internet helps clear your conscious of losing all that "money"!! No lawful sweepstake or lotto will ever ask you for money. It's amazing how many that actually get away with this sort of scam. As the old saying goes "If it is to good to be true it usually is!"
Keep yourself safe this is the time of year the REAL sweepstakes and such are really putting stuff in the mail. They will have all kinds of ways to contact them and will not have just a "Distrubution of Funds Dept." or something else contact you with winnings, afterall they want everyone to know you won a prize from them and their respective names will be everywhere on the paper work.
 13th of Aug, 2013 by   tamsie bryant +1 Votes
i got the same letter and decided to check on here for this company times are hard here and for someone to do this is really bad you cant trust anyone any more to do right soo never get your hopes up about stuff like this
 25th of Aug, 2013 by   Platinumfoxx +1 Votes
I just received my letter yesterday, so glad I decided to check online before sending my money...the for the info something should be done about these scammers!
 27th of Aug, 2013 by   candelaria cruz 0 Votes
I have received the same papers in the mail and I got ripped off to. so don't fall for it .
 30th of Aug, 2013 by   ariel barreto 0 Votes
I received my letter last week soo they take my money because I not check this company
 15th of Sep, 2013 by   Looking out for Grandparents 0 Votes
My grandparents have received several of these letters. Thank goodness they knew not to send any money. I looked up the "Processing Department" address of PMB 540, 12528 Queens Blvd, Kew Gardens, NY 11415 and found that this is a UPS Store. Where someone has a PMB ( private mail box) # 540. So definitely not a processing center of any kind, just straight up scam.

The UPS Store of Queens Blvd
125-28 QUEENS BLVD
KEW GARDENS, NY 11415

(718) 261-4856
(718) 261-4586
store5211@theupsstore.com
 21st of Sep, 2013 by   renee goldring 0 Votes
I received a letter from this company wanting 20.00 fee and a return form signed saying I have won 2, 997, 500.00. want to let everyone know if you win something you don't have to pay that way unless you win the lottery and then uncle sam wants his .
but the first thing I did was went on line just like now just be careful and don't fall for anything
 25th of Sep, 2013 by   Pazzan37 0 Votes
I got this letter in the mail stating that I won over 2 million dollars in some Data Audit and found out later that it was a big scam by going online. Is there any way I can get refunded for the $20 money order I sent out?
 7th of Nov, 2013 by   angel r hernandez 0 Votes
i was also scam twenty dollars and still not reseve anything so please send me the money then i will send you more money
 10th of Nov, 2013 by   Joan Sauer 0 Votes
I just received the letter from Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell in East Northport, NY. I thought I should check it, because it just seemed to be to good to be true. I would like to have the money, but you don't get anything for free. I am so thankful that I decided to check with you before I did anything stupid. You are a lifesaver. It's not that $20.00 that they asked for was a lot of money, but If more people would check on them, maybe they would go out of business. Is there anything that can be done to get them out of business? Thank you, Joan Sauer
 26th of Nov, 2013 by   Trishie 0 Votes
I have received so many of these scam letters over the years. I checked with our own state officials and was told if you are asked to send any money, it's a scam!
 26th of Nov, 2013 by   bellamie 0 Votes
No legitimate lottery or prize will ask you to pay money to receive your winnings. This is an advance fee scam and unfortunately there are people out there who fall for it all the time.
 26th of Nov, 2013 by   bellamie 0 Votes
Do NOT email "Anti Cyber Crime Officer" he is a scammer and a criminal. There is no such thing as the "cyber police" there are branches of various police forces that work on internet fraud. BUT they use official email addresses NOT a gmail address.

This loser is one of the criminals. Do NOT contact him. There was never a prize or any money. And as stated before NO real prize will make you pay to receive your winnings.
 6th of Dec, 2013 by   groh, michael 0 Votes
I was scammed about a month ago for $25.00 and then started getting more of the same type of letters. Got two today from a, b, m. and realized thre only thing i won was my name on a "suckers" mailing list. Dont fall for this. Im thankful it was only $25.00. They have a good way of wordding their letter, however 3mill pluse seems like it would come more publisised. Think about it!!!
 6th of Dec, 2013 by   KICKINGBEAR 0 Votes
I have received many of these types of letters, but, I always knew that they are scams. Just a gut feeling. For the ones that aren't aware of these scams, my heart goes out to you. These scammers need to be locked up. They are taking money from people that work hard to make ends meet. The police wont do anything about this problem though and so people need to be educated about this kind of stuff.
 6th of Dec, 2013 by   KICKINGBEAR 0 Votes
Here is a photo of me.

8th of Dec, 2013 by   OldIrish 0 Votes
This is a case of wording. The document says the total disbursements will be the 2+ million not an individual prize. Additionally, on the back it tells you what the awards really are. All awards have 1:3, 000, 000 chance of being awarded except for the $1 dollar award which has a 1:1 chance. It also clearly states that you can not be eligible for the awards without a purchase, hence the $20 "fee".
This mostly makes this legal because you are pretty much going to get an award of $1.00 for the $20 you spend. A big SCAM.
 18th of Dec, 2013 by   Grateful Lesson Learner 0 Votes
I've not fallen to this type of scam for a lomg, long time because losing the first five dollars without ever hearing back concerning that particular scam reallly helped me realize that if any cost was involed that could be deducted from the winnings . . . however they will further scam you with the fact that they are not the issuer of the funds so you have to pay in advance. BTW, the letter I got from this particular gruop (Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell) reflex a 1 Hewitt Square, East Northport, NY address on the letter itself and 17625 Union TPKE, Fresh Meadows, NY on the return envelope. That was all I needed to file 13 that. Another thing to remember is whether or not you entered a sweepstakes and the writing on the back more often than not indicates that you really hadn't as yet.
God Bless And forgive them, for they truly know not what they do! Life's design will bring far greater Justice for all than natural law enforcement ever would.

Another Lesson Learner/ Dec. 18 2013
 4th of Jan, 2014 by   TCof Atlanta 0 Votes
I received a letter from these people today. The return address given was: PMB 410, 176-25 Union Tpke, Fresh Meadow NY 11366. I'm going to return the letter without the requested $20.00 it is asking for. I always second guess any letter when it doesn't give me a phone and additional verifiable information... $20.00 for $2, 997, 500??? The letter is from Addleshaw, Bird & Mitchell and when I looked the company up, you found only negative reviews.
 4th of Jan, 2014 by   bellamie 0 Votes
No legitimate prize draw will ever require you to pay money to receive your winnings. This is a scam, pure and simple.

2011 Forecast: Stocks, Housing and Oil